Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 4
1 23 > Last »
All Cigar Discussion>Rush Limbuaugh's recommendations
floydpink 04:36 PM 12-13-2008
I agree with a lot of what he says and listen to his radio show. He advised listeners to check out his favorites.

I am not in agreement with him on this one.

Never even heard of this Charles The Great he speaks of....

Is Rush as "right" as he claims or have his senses left?

http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/home/est...ons.guest.html
[Reply]
cbsmokin 04:43 PM 12-13-2008
Is there anyone he didn't name? How much did they pay him? I would think someone with his income would be smoking more premium sticks.
[Reply]
floydpink 04:45 PM 12-13-2008
He was talking about LFD Chisels the other day and was saying he pinches the head to smoke it, and said cutting the head ruins the cigar. that was new to me also.
[Reply]
MikeyC 04:49 PM 12-13-2008
Originally Posted by cbsmokin:
Is there anyone he didn't name? How much did they pay him? I would think someone with his income would be smoking more premium sticks.
:-)

I would guess he was paid to endorse this sampler that Finck Cigar Company is conveniently offering to sell you on the same page. Finck probably made the decision as to what would be in the sampler and likely wrote almost every word on that page.
[Reply]
theonlybear4CORT 04:59 PM 12-13-2008
Originally Posted by floydpink:
He was talking about LFD Chisels the other day and was saying he pinches the head to smoke it, and said cutting the head ruins the cigar. that was new to me also.
just pinch it here} <=====> {here and it will split down the middle. I have herd of people punching a chisel too.
[Reply]
BlackIrish 05:28 PM 12-13-2008
Originally Posted by floydpink:
I agree with a lot of what he says and listen to his radio show. He advised listeners to check out his favorites.

I am not in agreement with him on this one.

Never even heard of this Charles The Great he speaks of....

Is Rush as "right" as he claims or have his senses left?

http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/home/est...ons.guest.html
Charles the Great and Lamb's Club are house blends for Finck Cigar Company. He's shilling for them and only names brands that they carry.
[Reply]
elderboy02 05:52 PM 12-13-2008
Wow! He said that Dominican Cohiba's are good :-)
[Reply]
Tombstone 06:02 PM 12-13-2008
Rush is the man!! I wish i could herf with him.
[Reply]
theonlybear4CORT 06:09 PM 12-13-2008
just tell him that you got some spare pain killers :-)
[Reply]
SeanGAR 06:09 PM 12-13-2008
Expect to see Rush shilling for Cremosa any day now.
[Reply]
floydpink 06:12 PM 12-13-2008
The first thing I thought, also, was that Rush was shilling.

The thing I can't understand is:

If they are paying him in cash, how much more does he need when he gets about 20 million a year I believe.

If they are paying him in cigars, he must actually smoke some.:-)

Regardless of what he's getting to pimp the cigars or what pills he's popping, I'll keep listening to his show as it's a great way to pass my commute to work, and I agree with a lot of his political views, which I won't even begin to talk about in a cigar forum.

Maybe we could invite him to CA and get him in a newbie sampler trade.
[Reply]
mojo65 06:12 PM 12-13-2008
Originally Posted by sonic_mike:
that sir is a low blow and not remotely funny.
[Reply]
Cigary 06:27 PM 12-13-2008
Originally Posted by Tombstone:
Rush is the man!! I wish i could herf with him.
Originally Posted by sonic_mike:

Here's the skinny on our man Rush Limbaugh. I have played golf with him at the Palm Beach private golf course with some other "big tickets" who he tends to play with often. The only reason I got to play with him is because the friend I have his Dad is a real big ticket and Rush thinks it's a big treat to play with him. Anyway, everytime I was around this guy he is a complete narcissist and you'd think he'd tone it down when he's off the clock and not on his program. He loves Partagas #10 when he's golfing and he is the biggest windbag I have ever seen. He didn't know me from Adam but he assumed that since I was friends with the son and Dad that I was another big ticket,,,so for 18 holes he continues to size me up to see who I am, what I do, how much money I make, who I know,,,blah blah blah.

If there was a question while we're all playing he knows every answer to any question we would talk about. He knows everything about sports since he was the announcer for the Chiefs way back,,he knows Carl Peterson very well,,blah blah blah. This guy for 4 hours talked non stop about himself and whenever possible I would hit my ball in the other direction just to keep away from him. Rush Limbaugh is the biggest windbag I have ever been around,,,period!!
[Reply]
Clampdown 06:31 PM 12-13-2008
Originally Posted by elderboy02:
Wow! He said that Dominican Cohiba's are good :-)
Maybe all of that oxy cotton destroyed his sense of taste???
[Reply]
duckmanco 07:00 PM 12-13-2008
Originally Posted by mojo65:
that sir is a low blow and not remotely funny.
I think its remotely funny, if only because its mildly offensive. Either way though, obviously shilling going on.
[Reply]
floydpink 07:29 PM 12-13-2008
If anyone else calls Rush a windbag, I'm gonna get really mad.:-)

Oh wait, I already knew he was and think that's the reason he's so popular.

Now Jim Carey, that guy sure acted funny and made a lot of funny faces last time I was around him, but kept trying to push Taboos into my hand!!!
[Reply]
Tombstone 08:28 PM 12-13-2008
Originally Posted by Cigary:
Here's the skinny on our man Rush Limbaugh. I have played golf with him at the Palm Beach private golf course with some other "big tickets" who he tends to play with often. The only reason I got to play with him is because the friend I have his Dad is a real big ticket and Rush thinks it's a big treat to play with him. Anyway, everytime I was around this guy he is a complete narcissist and you'd think he'd tone it down when he's off the clock and not on his program. He loves Partagas #10 when he's golfing and he is the biggest windbag I have ever seen. He didn't know me from Adam but he assumed that since I was friends with the son and Dad that I was another big ticket,,,so for 18 holes he continues to size me up to see who I am, what I do, how much money I make, who I know,,,blah blah blah.

If there was a question while we're all playing he knows every answer to any question we would talk about. He knows everything about sports since he was the announcer for the Chiefs way back,,he knows Carl Peterson very well,,blah blah blah. This guy for 4 hours talked non stop about himself and whenever possible I would hit my ball in the other direction just to keep away from him. Rush Limbaugh is the biggest windbag I have ever been around,,,period!!
On his show he comes across as the complete opposite of narcissitic. He seems to have a good heart and great understanding of many things.
[Reply]
Starscream 08:44 PM 12-13-2008
Haven't heard Rush in a few years (his show isn't broadcast in my area anymore). Rush is Right! (for the most part)!
[Reply]
ChicagoWhiteSox 09:59 PM 12-13-2008
Rush is the man:-) Glen is great to listen to as well
[Reply]
TomHagen 10:53 PM 12-13-2008
He was holding a La Flor Dominicana on the cover of New York Times Magazine a couple of months ago, and seems to be smoking one here as well...
[Reply]
Page 1 of 4
1 23 > Last »
Up