Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
View Poll Results: What would you do, PFJ or Driving Class?
Prayer For Judgement /Stay Squeaky Clean for 3 years... 13 39.39%
Driving Class / Get it behind ya... Go along your way... 20 60.61%
Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll
Page 2 of 2
< 12
General Discussion>Speeding Ticket Advice Needed- Opinions?
Sadden 05:43 PM 06-07-2013
Originally Posted by Ashcan Bill:
1. Take option number 2.

2. Either slow down or get a faster car that can outrun copters.
Cant outrun their radios though.
Unless your in Canada. I took at 1500km roadtrip last month and saw 1 cop...
[Reply]
forgop 12:42 AM 06-08-2013
Originally Posted by Robulous78:

I have spoken to my insurance agent, being that I am a (more or less) responsible driver, he gave me 2 alternatives, both will not affect my insurance...

What would you do?
The LAST thing I'd do is ask my insurance agent for advice regarding such matters. While you may keep such a matter of your record in the long run, he/she still knows about it. Disclosing a driving infraction to your agent is like talking about fight club IMO. This is info you can get from the prosecutor.
[Reply]
Robulous78 02:59 AM 06-08-2013
Originally Posted by forgop:
The LAST thing I'd do is ask my insurance agent for advice regarding such matters. While you may keep such a matter of your record in the long run, he/she still knows about it. Disclosing a driving infraction to your agent is like talking about fight club IMO. This is info you can get from the prosecutor.
I agree with your statement, but neglected to say the agent is a personal family friend of my family...
[Reply]
shilala 07:23 AM 06-08-2013
I'd just pay the speeding ticket.
I'm the slowest driver in the world, and haven't gotten a ticket in forever, so I wouldn't sweat it. I honestly never heard of the options you outlined.
[Reply]
maninblack 08:02 AM 06-08-2013
I say create another poll. That always works. :-)
[Reply]
Remo 08:21 AM 06-08-2013
Have you been to court yet? Or were you just planning on paying the ticket? Does all this have to do with insurance rates? If you still need to go to court present the judge your good driving record, chances are they may drop the speed and/or the fine, if the speed goes down insurance may not go up that much. But I don't know the laws of your state.
[Reply]
emopunker2004 08:22 AM 06-08-2013
If u can afford #2 then do #2 you got off easy. Here that ticket woulda been at least $200

P.S. here, if u had been going 8mph faster you could've gone to jail.
[Reply]
shark 12:11 PM 06-08-2013
Originally Posted by emopunker2004:
If u can afford #2 then do #2 you got off easy. Here that ticket woulda been at least $200

P.S. here, if u had been going 8mph faster you could've gone to jail.
In North Carolina it's 20 or more over. I know this from experience! :-) Well, didn't go to jail, but had to follow the State trooper to the Union County courthouse to post my bond and was given a mandatory court appearance, which I had a lawyer appear on my behalf. All in all, that was a very expensive lesson to learn.
[Reply]
shark 12:12 PM 06-08-2013
What Justin said got me thinking. Just how many inmates at any given county jail are actually serving time for speeding/reckless driving? I'd think they'd save the jail space for other people...
[Reply]
icehog3 01:29 PM 06-08-2013
Originally Posted by shark:
What Justin said got me thinking. Just how many inmates at any given county jail are actually serving time for speeding/reckless driving? I'd think they'd save the jail space for other people...
In Illinois, you get taken in for 40+ MPH over...but you get processed and bonded out, they don't give you jail time.
[Reply]
The Poet 01:35 PM 06-08-2013
Though I hear you, I must confess I'd sooner see reckless drivers locked up for endangering the safety of himself and others than see some harmless pothead locked up for getting caught toking a doob.

But that's just me.
[Reply]
emopunker2004 02:00 PM 06-08-2013
It really depends. You CAN go. Doesn't mean you will. Some are given a notice to appear, basically a court date.
[Reply]
emopunker2004 02:01 PM 06-08-2013
Originally Posted by The Poet:
Though I hear you, I must confess I'd sooner see reckless drivers locked up for endangering the safety of himself and others than see some harmless pothead locked up for getting caught toking a doob.

But that's just me.
This. Speeding that fast is unsafe. I think if someone killed your kid or something in an accident because of their recklessness, you would see it differently
[Reply]
DPD6030 03:21 PM 06-08-2013
I can say I work with people on tickets if I issue them and they fight them. Usually they don't want the points so we can agree to plead it down to a non-moving infraction. About $100 and no points.

Come to MI. Speed alone will not get you in the clink. Reckless driving will and speed alone is not considered reckless according to the statue.

Mind you, now an idiot who thought he saw his buddy's SUV and swerved into my oncoming lane on purpose to scare what he thought was his friend (there's the reckless intent :-) ) years ago found out just what his mistake cost him. Trip to the clink, fines and the impound fee. :-)
[Reply]
oooo35980 08:20 PM 06-08-2013
Personally I'd go the cheap way. Provided you can ease your foot off the gas pedal.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up