Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 4
< 12 34 >
General Discussion>Your Favorite Singer EVAR!!!
omowasu 10:58 AM 02-01-2013
Male - Bruce Dickinson of Iron Maiden, Steve Perry of Journey (not a huge Journey fan but one cannot deny his perfect pitch and ability to hit the high notes)
Female - Aretha Franklin, Ella Fitzgerald
[Reply]
Subvet642 10:58 AM 02-01-2013
Originally Posted by The Poet:
Hey, it's only Johnson's Baby Oil to baby this johnson. :-)

And for some odd reason that made me flash on the female singer Inva Mula. You don't know her? Yes, you do. She was the Diva Plavalaguna. You still don't know her? Yes, you do. She was the blue alien opera singer in The Fifth Element.

Told ya you knew her.
Gee, I didn't think that was her real voice.
[Reply]
MajorCaptSilly 10:58 AM 02-01-2013
Rock = Roger Daltrey
Punk = Mike Ness/Phil Alvin
Metal = Rob Halford
Blues = Buddy Guy
No Category = Dave Alvin

The Ladies:
Maria McKee
Roach (from Cafe R & B)
Beth Ditto (The Gossip)
Aretha Franklin

MCS
[Reply]
irratebass 10:58 AM 02-01-2013
Bruce Dickinson!!!!! :-)
[Reply]
hotreds 11:06 AM 02-01-2013
"EVAR" eh? Hard to say, really- quickly come to mind: male: Rob Rock, female: Pat Benatar

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Glye0PJQ4-M

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0JRgHol94Xc
[Reply]
The Poet 11:13 AM 02-01-2013
Originally Posted by Subvet642:
Gee, I didn't think that was her real voice.
According to Wiki, the director wanted to use Maria Callas' version of the aria, but the '50s vintage recording was not clear enough for that. So someone suggested this modern diva to play (well, sing :-) ) that futuristic one.

Which begs the point: Though they may not be our "favorite" singers, can any one of them named so far actually sing as well as even your average opera vocalist? :-)
[Reply]
14holestogie 11:21 AM 02-01-2013
Which begs the point: Though they may not be our "favorite" singers, can any one of them named so far actually sing as well as even your average opera vocalist? :-)
I have a lot of favorite singers that may not have the technical abilities of those classicly trained. I have quite a few that other people would just scoff at. For me, it's always been how they make me feel, not the skill they possess. :-)
[Reply]
shilala 11:22 AM 02-01-2013
Who cares?
Except maybe Stephen. He's the only guy I know that's pvssy-whipped enough to go to the opera. :-)
[Reply]
Bondo 287 11:24 AM 02-01-2013
Originally Posted by Subvet642:
+1 for Natalie Merchant but my favorite male vocalist is Robert Plant...or Jim Morrison...or Bon Scott...or Burton Cummings...:-)
Nice ! I probably put Robert Plant down as first. He was one Guitar Magazine's " Rock's big three" for his multiple octave range capacity. The other two at the time were Rob Halford and Freddy Mercury (1977? )
No Bruce Dikinson ?

Other than that, I'm all over the map... mostly for their individuality. You hear them once, you know who they are.

Phil Lynott / Thin Lizzy
Bon Scott / The original AC-DC
Peter Steele / Type O-Negative
Mike Patton / Faith No More ( Mr Bungle )
Mike Ness / Social Distortion
Chris Cornell / SoundGarden - Audioslave
Chris Barnes / Six Feet Under
Willie De Ville / Mink DeVille

Women-
Angela Gossow / Arch Enemy
Jessica Charlotte Poland / Charlotte Sometimes ( N.Y. )
Chrissie Hynde / Pretenders

Just can't pic two... :-)
[Reply]
The Poet 11:25 AM 02-01-2013
Originally Posted by shilala:
Who cares?
Except maybe Stephen. He's the only guy I know that's pvssy-whipped enough to go to the opera. :-)
Well at least he has a reason. :-)
[Reply]
AdamJoshua 11:32 AM 02-01-2013
Oh and annie lennox and stevie nicks and and and and....
[Reply]
The Poet 11:45 AM 02-01-2013
Any votes for Yoko Ono?
[Reply]
CigarNut 11:47 AM 02-01-2013
This is soo difficult becuase there are so many good ones, and my taste in music varies with my mood, but these two posts cover it (for now :-):

Originally Posted by bruceolee:
Gotta go with classic rock

Man: Freddie Mercury
Woman: Ann Wilson
Originally Posted by icehog3:
Female is easy for me....Gladys Knight (Hey, I'm a Detroit boy).

Male is tougher. From the Motown/Philadelphia genre, Phillipe Wynne, Marvin Gaye, Smokey Robinson.

From Rock? Chris Cornell (going to Soundgarden tonight), Robert Plant...and Janis for the ladies of Rock. (That's Janis Joplin, not Janis Jackson). :-)

[Reply]
pektel 11:55 AM 02-01-2013
Alvin, Simon, and Theodore.
[Reply]
shilala 12:17 PM 02-01-2013
Originally Posted by pektel:
Ban yourself and go take a time-out, you dork.
[Reply]
The Poet 12:21 PM 02-01-2013
Originally Posted by pektel:
Originally Posted by shilala:
Ban yourself and go take a time-out, you dork.
I can hear Scott screaming now . . . "PEEEEEEEE-TERRRRRRRR!!!" :-)
[Reply]
mahtofire14 12:24 PM 02-01-2013
Neil Young or Frank Zappa
[Reply]
pfm721 12:45 PM 02-01-2013
Norah Jones, Lana Del Rey or Chris Cornell
[Reply]
mahtofire14 12:47 PM 02-01-2013
Originally Posted by pfm721:
Norah Jones, Lana Del Rey or Chris Cornell
I just came back on to put Norah Jones on my post for a female. I hear her voice and it instantly calms me down, in any situation.
[Reply]
Subvet642 12:51 PM 02-01-2013
According to Wiki, the director wanted to use Maria Callas' version of the aria, but the '50s vintage recording was not clear enough for that. So someone suggested this modern diva to play (well, sing :-) ) that futuristic one.

As I understand it, Pat Benatar is classically trained.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 4
< 12 34 >
Up