Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Island (The other ones) Reviews>Tonights smoke with Mike and Shawn
Shawn hines 01:15 PM 01-06-2012
+60

I have about 1.5" left and I have to that this cigar has really turned around. This thing is finishing up really nice. It loosed just enough to give a great draw.
The taste is smooth
Burn is even
[Reply]
Cigar Mike 01:17 PM 01-06-2012
Ok, so here's my bottom line, I think. Despite being something of a high maintenance smoke at first, after my re-light, it really took off and turned into a pleasant cigar. It finished up real smooth, consistent, and with an even burn at the end. It had a little bit of a bite to it despite being a bit on the mild side of medium, but overall a good taste for me. I wish I could say exactly what wrapper/filler/etc this particular roll had, but I'm not sure. Overall, I'm looking forward to trying more.
[Reply]
Shawn hines 01:30 PM 01-06-2012
+70 mins

Done with the cigar

Over all I think this was a great cigar. I had a little problem with it at first but turned out to be great.

Pictures and little Podcast to come

Mike is a Computer guy...I am a Mechanic... So me dumb when come to computers...
[Reply]
STEVE S 01:43 PM 01-06-2012
Very interesting review guys, thanks for shareing.
[Reply]
lenguamor 01:54 PM 01-06-2012
Great job, guys.
[Reply]
BlkDrew 02:30 PM 01-06-2012
i just read through the whole thing. thanks for the review guys. These were made about 4 weeks after i started and i believe the burn issue was an internal construction issue which i have since fixed.

as far as ingredients
Havana CT wrapper
Binder is unknown
filler is a mix of dominican seco and ligero
[Reply]
Cigar Mike 02:39 PM 01-06-2012
Hey, BlkDrew, thanks for checking in on our meager ramblings. I'm really looking forward to the opportunity to try out your newest efforts if possible. Right now you're our home-rolling hero out here!
[Reply]
Shawn hines 02:45 PM 01-06-2012
Originally Posted by BlkDrew:
i just read through the whole thing. thanks for the review guys. These were made about 4 weeks after i started and i believe the burn issue was an internal construction issue which i have since fixed.

as far as ingredients
Havana CT wrapper
Binder is unknown
filler is a mix of dominican seco and ligero
Drew, Thanks again, I hope that this was ok. Mike and I have been talking about doing reviews together for a while. We did one the other night, but tonight was the first planned one. I thought of you when I opened up my make shift humidor. I had let these age in there i thought "long enough" I have one more Roxy and I think i will save that for a "rainy day"... Not sure when I will have one of those out here.

Thanks again

BTW, i have all my stuff so plan on getting some sticks in return in the future
[Reply]
BlkDrew 02:50 PM 01-06-2012
no problem, thanks a lot guys
[Reply]
irratebass 03:00 PM 01-06-2012
I am digging doing the review this way.
[Reply]
Shawn hines 03:04 PM 01-06-2012
Originally Posted by irratebass:
I am digging doing the review this way.
Well to top it off we recorded a Podcast on Mike's computer and he is going to post it at some point so look at for that. It is our first, so be gentle...

You would almost think that we are bored over here.
[Reply]
mase 04:42 PM 01-06-2012
Originally Posted by mleska:
Hey, irratebass, those cookies back there look pretty delicious, too.
I had the same thought....haha.
[Reply]
Cigar Mike 10:12 PM 01-06-2012
Originally Posted by Shawn hines:
Well to top it off we recorded a Podcast on Mike's computer and he is going to post it at some point so look at for that. It is our first, so be gentle...
I think we're going to try to record another one tonight.

Unfortunately, I probably won't be getting those podcasts up until I get back from a little trip I've got coming up. It'll be a few weeks.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up