Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Island (The other ones) Reviews>Tonights smoke with Mike and Shawn
Shawn hines 11:43 AM 01-06-2012
We are just sitting down and wondering what tonight will bring us... Soon to come... Sorry for the review but this is what happens we have nothing else to do out here.:-):-)
[Reply]
Shawn hines 12:08 PM 01-06-2012
Well it looks like we are going to review another brothers hand rolled Cigar.
Roxy is the choice for tonight.
[Reply]
Cigar Mike 12:08 PM 01-06-2012
Well, it looks like tonight's pick is the "Roxy" cigars Shawn got from a roll-your-own contact. I'm looking forward to it.
[Reply]
Cigar Mike 12:12 PM 01-06-2012
So, I can tell Shawn's stored these sticks pretty well. They feel about right, no dry feeling when rolled around, and have just a little bit of pliability. Initial draw is pretty good....this stick took a good toast and a little bit of effort to get going, but should.

I wouldn't have guessed that these are rolled by a relative beginner...they've got a good, clean, finished look to them. Pretty professional appearance.
[Reply]
Shawn hines 12:18 PM 01-06-2012
Alright, so my cigar was just lit and it has a little of a hard draw but the first taste is nice. Smooth
Taste a little spice

The stick has a nice feeling to it
[Reply]
Chainsaw13 12:23 PM 01-06-2012
Very cool idea, the running commentary. Keep it up! :-)
[Reply]
Cigar Mike 12:25 PM 01-06-2012
20 minutes in: A little bit more mild than my usual taste, but at the same time has something of a little raw edge. Here's a couple pix of what we're smokin'.
Attached: roxy01.jpg (27.8 KB) roxy02.jpg (32.1 KB) roxy03.jpg (28.9 KB) 
[Reply]
shilala 12:29 PM 01-06-2012
They don't look like a bad roll at all. Who made them up, guys?
[Reply]
Shawn hines 12:31 PM 01-06-2012
+12 mins

Alright I am having a hard draw, so I cut more of the cap off. This really helped.

The burn isn't even burning even. One whole side of the wrapper hasn't burned. the taste is great, but seems like the whole cigar is getting a little loose.
[Reply]
Emjaysmash 12:35 PM 01-06-2012
Originally Posted by shilala:
BlkDrew

http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showth...highlight=roll
[Reply]
Shawn hines 12:36 PM 01-06-2012
Originally Posted by shilala:
BlkDrew rolled them and sent them out, he has come a long way since he started.

He sent this out to me around Thanksgiving so that I could review for him.

Check out his thread Rolling your own

It got me wanting try my own rolling as well
[Reply]
Shawn hines 12:36 PM 01-06-2012
Originally Posted by Emjaysmash:
BlkDrew

http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showth...highlight=roll
LOl... beat me
[Reply]
Cigar Mike 12:46 PM 01-06-2012
About halfway through, about 30 mins or so....inconsistent burns. That first one is mine, that other one is Shawn's. Both pictures are from about 20 mins in. Both of us are having trouble staying lit - I'm not sure if that's because of the particular leaves he's used, but I don't think it's a function of the construction. The build and roll seems fine.

About to re-light, and see if I can resurrect this one.
Attached: roxy04.jpg (26.5 KB) roxy05.jpg (25.0 KB) 
[Reply]
irratebass 12:47 PM 01-06-2012
Originally Posted by mleska:
20 minutes in: A little bit more mild than my usual taste, but at the same time has something of a little raw edge. Here's a couple pix of what we're smokin'.
That 2nd pic looks fake lol

I LOVE the Roxy's, just got me a 5er of all his wrappers in yesterday
1 ct
2 Havana ct
2 maduro

[Reply]
Shawn hines 12:47 PM 01-06-2012
+30

so i was still getting a very uneven burn. So I torched the side even with my lighter. I am thinking that maybe a green spot, because now I have a great draw and a good hot cherry to pull from.
[Reply]
Shawn hines 12:50 PM 01-06-2012
I loved the Maduro he sent me, I never gave a review over the site because i smoked while I was on watch one night. On a ship with wind blowing at every which way... That thing was good either way.
[Reply]
irratebass 12:53 PM 01-06-2012
Originally Posted by mleska:
About halfway through, about 30 mins or so....inconsistent burns. That first one is mine, that other one is Shawn's. Both pictures are from about 20 mins in. Both of us are having trouble staying lit - I'm not sure if that's because of the particular leaves he's used, but I don't think it's a function of the construction. The build and roll seems fine.

About to re-light, and see if I can resurrect this one.
Wow bummer, I didn't have any problems with mine

[Reply]
Shawn hines 12:58 PM 01-06-2012
+45

After a my relight I am turning and burning this thing. Even burn, great taste, wonderful draw, the smoke is full and thick. Really a nice stick now
[Reply]
Cigar Mike 01:00 PM 01-06-2012
Hey, irratebass, those cookies back there look pretty delicious, too.
[Reply]
irratebass 01:04 PM 01-06-2012
LOL, this was at a Christmas party, that's why they are colored funky
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up