Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
General Discussion>Wonderful Snow.
icehog3 07:44 PM 01-03-2012
Originally Posted by bvilchez:
Just looked out the window here in So Cal and not a snowflake in sight. Matter of fact it read 80 degrees at one point
What did the snowman say to the Toro?

"Blow me".

:-) :-)
[Reply]
MarkinAZ 08:41 PM 01-03-2012
:-)...Just been fighting a clear and sunny 70+ degree weather today Scott. One of the hazards living out this way you know?:-)

[Reply]
shilala 08:19 AM 01-04-2012
Oddly enough, despite snowing all day yesterday, the snow pile went down 2 inches. There were only 8 inches out there last night, I figured there'd be at least 12 or so.
The ground was nice and warm, so I'm guessing it was melting underneath and settling.
So far so good today. I'm sure I have to shovel us out again, I'm hoping that'll do for awhile. :-)
[Reply]
replicant_argent 08:24 AM 01-04-2012
While the cold does annoy me occasionally, I was able to snap this pic on New Years day.
[Reply]
SteelCityBoy 08:25 AM 01-04-2012
Gotta love lake effect snow...

I know where Scotts at they get tons of it each year. In my business, snow is bad but I personally love it!

Have fun up there Scott! Did it stop yet? I know Erie, PA got like 2ft!
[Reply]
shilala 08:47 AM 01-04-2012
Yeah, it stopped snowing, Ken. The weather report looks like it's going to melt slow and steady.
I checked the 10 day report. It'll be 31 degrees here and 81 in Belize when we get off the plane in 10 days. That'll cure the problem. :-)
[Reply]
replicant_argent 08:51 AM 01-04-2012
doh..... dead batteries do not make it conducive to finishing your edit with a photo.

[Reply]
Steve 09:52 AM 01-04-2012
No snow here yet...hasn't gotten out of the 40s here for the last couple of days.
[Reply]
E.J. 02:01 PM 01-04-2012
Wish we were getting some.... Could used a good 18" storm in the Valley....
[Reply]
mithrilG60 02:51 PM 01-04-2012
Originally Posted by Remo_5_0:
Not here, greatest snow on earth hasn't shown up yet, record breaking snowfall last year and the driest December on record this year, skiers and boarders are pissed and I am sure the tourism board are wringing their hands but I LOVE IT!!!!

Don't ski anymore so i don't care about snow and hope we don't get any!!! All my fishing rivers were blown out all last summer due to the amount of snowpack, like 800 % above normal, so hopefully this year I will be fishing early and often :-)
It's a La Nina year which means the West Coast usually has a clear Nov and Dec then starts getting hammered with snow in Jan with above average amounts for the rest of the winter. I know the BC mountains are projecting a more this year than last and the last 2 years have been record breaking in their own rights. Been a constant nightly rain storm in the PNW for the last couple weeks due to the Pineapple Express.

Hoping a good dump or two makes it down into the city this winter. Audi + snow tires = fun :-)
[Reply]
shark 04:01 PM 01-04-2012
Wonderful snow...now there's an oxymoron for you. Like beautiful toothache. :-)
[Reply]
icehog3 04:22 PM 01-04-2012
Originally Posted by shark:
Wonderful snow...now there's an oxymoron for you. Like beautiful toothache. :-)
I knew I liked you, Ron. :-) :-)
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up