Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
General Discussion>Wonderful Snow.
shilala 10:52 AM 01-03-2012
I just measured and we've managed a solid 10 inches since yesterday here near Cleveland. It's coming down faster than I can get it off the driveway, it's 20 degrees out there, and the wind is coming at about 25-30mph.
I'm thinking it could shut off any minute now and that'd be perfectly okay.
Anyone else snow fighting today?
[Reply]
Blak Smyth 10:54 AM 01-03-2012
We had some flurries and icy roads this morning but no snow.
It is getting cold here though, should be single digits tonight.
Good luck Scott, hope it lets up for you soon!
[Reply]
Fordman4ever 10:54 AM 01-03-2012
Nope, it's warming up here in Nebraska. They say it might even get to 60 degrees on thursday.
[Reply]
Remo 10:55 AM 01-03-2012
Not here, greatest snow on earth hasn't shown up yet, record breaking snowfall last year and the driest December on record this year, skiers and boarders are pissed and I am sure the tourism board are wringing their hands but I LOVE IT!!!!

Don't ski anymore so i don't care about snow and hope we don't get any!!! All my fishing rivers were blown out all last summer due to the amount of snowpack, like 800 % above normal, so hopefully this year I will be fishing early and often :-)
[Reply]
Taki 10:58 AM 01-03-2012
Im with Shane...didnt have to fight much this morning but I am hoping its starts soon...I love the snow :-)
[Reply]
icehog3 11:01 AM 01-03-2012
Not more than about an inch total accumulation in Chicago so far this winter (knock on wood), and nothing predicted until the 12th.

Weathermen around this city said it would be one of the snowiest winters ever. Well, unless we get two blizzards like the ones in '67 and '79, looks like they will be thankfully mistaken.
[Reply]
Ogre 11:09 AM 01-03-2012
No snow here. It was cold enough last night and will be tonight. Just don't have the moisture for it. We are looking at mid 20s here from 10pm until 8am
[Reply]
irratebass 11:15 AM 01-03-2012
Snowed here maybe about an inch and there were reports of overturned cars on medians and whatnot.....seriously :-)

Just very cold, but warming up over the rest of the week and supposed to be 50 by Friday :-)
[Reply]
kelmac07 11:23 AM 01-03-2012
We only get snow every third year here in southern Virginia...me being from Pennsylvania and the wife from Buffalo...we miss it!!!
[Reply]
Remo 11:26 AM 01-03-2012
Originally Posted by irratebass:
Snowed here maybe about an inch and there were reports of overturned cars on medians and whatnot.....seriously :-)

Just very cold, but warming up over the rest of the week and supposed to be 50 by Friday :-)
I hear there's about an inch at your house year round Mickey....just what I heard :-)
[Reply]
Dave128 11:28 AM 01-03-2012
Had a dusting overnight here. Still no sign of a big snowfall inteh near future. 20 during the day and single digits for the next couple nights. Supposed to reach the high 30's by the weekend.
[Reply]
Dr Voss 11:34 AM 01-03-2012
Dry and sunny here. Gonna be a little cool, lows in the 20's, but back in the 60's for the weekend. I grew up in Iowa and love living in a place where the water doesn't get hard in the winter. :-)
[Reply]
Apoco 12:51 PM 01-03-2012
I saw a single snowflake yesterday.

I hope it is the only one I see. I hate snow and especially hate ice. With the range of temps today being 21-25 it is cold enough for both.

Love the cold, though. :-)
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
D Man 12:59 PM 01-03-2012
Originally Posted by shilala:
I just measured and we've managed a solid 10 inches since yesterday here near Cleveland. It's coming down faster than I can get it off the driveway, it's 20 degrees out there, and the wind is coming at about 25-30mph.
I'm thinking it could shut off any minute now and that'd be perfectly okay.
Anyone else snow fighting today?
Little bit of snow on the westside of Cleveland. Want more snow I need some money.
[Reply]
Commander Quan 01:27 PM 01-03-2012
That's crazy Scott, down in Canton, we have a dusting.

Correction: I just looked out the window for the first time in a hour we have have about 1.5 inches.
[Reply]
taltos 04:35 PM 01-03-2012
Nothing in eastern Massachusetts, could use it so that I could do some plowing.
[Reply]
MrClean 05:18 PM 01-03-2012
Originally Posted by Fordman4ever:
Nope, it's warming up here in Nebraska. They say it might even get to 60 degrees on thursday.
I'm looking forward to the 60's Thursday, good smoking weather! We haven't had an inch of snow yet this year. One dusting last month and that's it. I love winter, so this is a disappointment to me. I WANT MY SNOW!!
[Reply]
Dukeuni 05:23 PM 01-03-2012
It has been a snow-free winter for me in Eastern Oregon. Usually my wife at least has a few snow days (she is a teacher) prior to Christmas break. Nothing so far, and nothing reported in the next 10 days. Just too warm outside, and barely any moisture.

The ski slopes in Oregon finally received some snow-fall last weekend, but prior to that it was nothing.

I love the snow and hope it just dumps sometime soon.
[Reply]
chachee52 05:53 PM 01-03-2012
Originally Posted by taltos:
Nothing in eastern Massachusetts, could use it so that I could do some plowing.
From MA too and have had nothing. Was up at Lake Winnipesaukee this weekend and they have had a couple of times snow on the ground but it's all gone. The ski areas are in BIG touble. Not to mention, its just better with snow on the ground.
[Reply]
bvilchez 06:29 PM 01-03-2012
Just looked out the window here in So Cal and not a snowflake in sight. Matter of fact it read 80 degrees at one point
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up