Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
General Discussion>Christmas on the 26th? Really?
cort 01:46 PM 12-26-2011
Originally Posted by Ogre:
Smoke a cigar for me. That will make me feel better.:-)
Anything for you bud!:-)
[Reply]
The Poet 01:47 PM 12-26-2011
Originally Posted by Cort:
I'm off today if it makes anyone feel better.:-)
In my experience, you're "off" EVERY day brother! :-)
[Reply]
Ogre 01:47 PM 12-26-2011
Originally Posted by kelmac07:
Just busting your balls Larry. I'm sure you make a lot of calls with all those retirees down there. :-)
We are in "Holiday" mode. No training today!!!!:-)
[Reply]
Whee 01:48 PM 12-26-2011
[Reply]
Ogre 01:48 PM 12-26-2011
Originally Posted by The Poet:
Hey, I resemble that remark!!! :-)
[Reply]
The Poet 01:49 PM 12-26-2011
Originally Posted by illinoishoosier:
:-):-)
[Reply]
cort 01:50 PM 12-26-2011
Originally Posted by The Poet:
:-):-)
[Reply]
bazookajoe 01:55 PM 12-26-2011
Originally Posted by Flounder:
...i feel like the only thing being accomplished is getting a day off of work?...
:-) that is what's being accomplished today—what's wrong with that? i'm off today without pay but i wouldn't expect everyone who gets the day off as part of their compensation package to work so i can get paid... :-)
[Reply]
markem 02:07 PM 12-26-2011
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0gxKStPXyn8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r0HEqc-Kee4
[Reply]
Zeuceone 02:13 PM 12-26-2011
christmas was on the weekend so its hard to get the day off when its already an off day.
[Reply]
SDmate 02:15 PM 12-26-2011
So. Being a student employee ive had no work these past 2 weeks with break. But why do we need to obverve Christmas today with all government and banks closed? I get that its nice to have a day off. But i feel like the only thing being accomplished is getting a day off of work?

Any of you guys have to work today because you don't work for the government? Just makes me sad with the state of our nation and economy, the last thing we need is more days off.

I dint mean to offend anybody, and i know everyone works hard. J just hate that our whole nation is shut down today because Christmas was yesterday.
You Americans know nothing....
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boxing_Day
[Reply]
ashtonlady 02:17 PM 12-26-2011
I worked for 1 hour today and then the boss told me to go smoke a cigar. :-) But I am self employed.
[Reply]
68TriShield 02:20 PM 12-26-2011
We are working as well,no days off this week or next.
[Reply]
Flounder 05:46 PM 12-26-2011
I'm sorry. I came off frustrated.. i just would really like the postal system to be operational as i am trying to send and get a few things that should have occurred last week but the whole Christmas thing is making it all late. I don't.like telling people twice.in one.week that i dont have their gift because the world stops for the day after Christmas.
[Reply]
SteelCityBoy 05:53 PM 12-26-2011
Originally Posted by SDmate:
You Americans know nothing....
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boxing_Day
Interesting....good to know! :-)
[Reply]
SteelCityBoy 05:57 PM 12-26-2011
I wish Christmas could be everyday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :-)
[Reply]
Remo 06:29 PM 12-26-2011
I'm sorry. I came off frustrated.. i just would really like the postal system to be operational as i am trying to send and get a few things that should have occurred last week but the whole Christmas thing is making it all late. I don't.like telling people twice.in one.week that i dont have their gift because the world stops for the day after Christmas.
Seems like YOU should have mailed your items out last week prior to the Day After Christmas then you wouldn't be mad at the government for not running on your schedule, but you are young and will learn to be responsible for yourself in time.

I work for the goverment, I had Christmas off for a paid holiday but not today although I could have taken a holiday and still have been paid or I could have taken the next 12 days off as paid holidays and a few weeks paid vacation but it wouldn't have helped get your packages or checks deposited :-)
[Reply]
Ogre 06:47 PM 12-26-2011
That's the beautiful thing in the Asylum. You can voice your frustrations and we hold it against you (much) :-). Just be glad we have that outlet!!!:-)
[Reply]
thebayratt 11:14 PM 12-26-2011
It aggrevated me too today to see a few things closed, I needed to send some bills off etc... But then I got to thinking: I get an extra day off this week and get paid for Christmas at my measly job. So Government places and banks are already closed on sundays is why they get monday off.... I realized this after I checked the mailbox for the 5th time today.
[Reply]
Flounder 11:25 PM 12-26-2011
Last I checked.. the US government doesn't recognize religious holidays as National holidays? So much for the separation. I'm not Jewish, but we didn't close for all 8 days of Chanukah.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Up