Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 3
1 23 >
General Discussion>Christmas on the 26th? Really?
Flounder 12:57 PM 12-26-2011
So. Being a student employee ive had no work these past 2 weeks with break. But why do we need to obverve Christmas today with all government and banks closed? I get that its nice to have a day off. But i feel like the only thing being accomplished is getting a day off of work?

Any of you guys have to work today because you don't work for the government? Just makes me sad with the state of our nation and economy, the last thing we need is more days off.

I dint mean to offend anybody, and i know everyone works hard. J just hate that our whole nation is shut down today because Christmas was yesterday.
[Reply]
markem 01:02 PM 12-26-2011
If you think that's bad, wait until you hear about the 1st on the 2nd. That'll literally blow your mind and is sure to leave you in a coma of confusion.
[Reply]
Subvet642 01:04 PM 12-26-2011
Remember: People have to travel back home after the holiday, otherwise they would have to travel on Christmas itself.
[Reply]
icehog3 01:13 PM 12-26-2011
Make everyone work 16 hours today to make up time...we can turn this country around in a day. :-)
[Reply]
The Poet 01:15 PM 12-26-2011
I get your point, Ethan, but personally I'm less concerned with government and bank workers getting a paid day off than I am with their bosses squandering and/or stealing billions as a matter of course.

As for me, I'm working all day today, alone, and glad to have the hours. My job is only part-time normally, and I've medical bills 'way up past my ears, so I'm happy with every dollar I can get.
[Reply]
icehog3 01:17 PM 12-26-2011
I work for the government, and I am working today.

I have suggested to my bosses that we work 365 days next year, screw this "holiday" crap.
[Reply]
Ogre 01:28 PM 12-26-2011
I also am a government employee working today. So you can't blame us all. LOL
[Reply]
icehog3 01:36 PM 12-26-2011
I worked Saturday night, Christmas Eve....worked Easter, 4th of July, Memorial Day as well.

Wish I was a student again so I could get Christmas and summer breaks. Easier to throw stones at the people who get one extra day off when you live in that glass house. :-)
[Reply]
kelmac07 01:38 PM 12-26-2011
Think of the troops in your statement Ethan...should they also work and not enjoy some "down time" on this federal holiday?

And for the record...I am one of those employees with the day off. :-)
[Reply]
icehog3 01:39 PM 12-26-2011
Originally Posted by kelmac07:
Think of the troops in your statement...should they also work and not enjoy some "down time" on this federal holiday?
No, they should double-shift. :-) :-)
[Reply]
Ogre 01:41 PM 12-26-2011
Originally Posted by icehog3:
I worked Saturday night, Christmas Eve....worked Easter, 4th of July, Memorial Day as well.

Wish I was a student again so I could get Christmas and summer breaks. Easier to throw stones at the people who get one extra day off when you live in that glass house. :-)
Think of the troops in your statement Ethan...should they also work and not enjoy some "down time" on this federal holiday?

And for the record...I am one of those employees with the day off. :-)
Amen to both of these!!!
[Reply]
kelmac07 01:41 PM 12-26-2011
Why not make 'em pull a triple? :-) :-)
[Reply]
Ogre 01:41 PM 12-26-2011
I am on a double shift!!!:-)
[Reply]
kelmac07 01:43 PM 12-26-2011
Originally Posted by Ogre:
I am on a double shift!!!:-)
And "busting your a$$" I see. :-) :-) :-)
[Reply]
cort 01:44 PM 12-26-2011
I'm off today if it makes anyone feel better.:-)
[Reply]
Ogre 01:44 PM 12-26-2011
And "busting your a$$" I see. :-) :-) :-)
Just taking a break. This is one of the busiest stations in the county. This truck has run over 3k calls this year.
[Reply]
Ashcan Bill 01:44 PM 12-26-2011
The worst thing about being retired is I don't get to look forward to paid holidays off any more.

:-)
[Reply]
kelmac07 01:45 PM 12-26-2011
Originally Posted by Ogre:
Just taking a break. This is one of the busiest stations in the county. This truck has run over 3k calls this year.
Just busting your balls Larry. I'm sure you make a lot of calls with all those retirees down there. :-)
[Reply]
Ogre 01:46 PM 12-26-2011
Originally Posted by Cort:
I'm off today if it makes anyone feel better.:-)
Smoke a cigar for me. That will make me feel better.:-)
[Reply]
E.J. 01:46 PM 12-26-2011
Government employee and have the day off.... In fact, I took the week off...but today is holiday, not vacation. Same with next Monday....

No worries, I am not offended. I could not care less if someone doesn't like that I get today as a paid holiday.....
[Reply]
Page 1 of 3
1 23 >
Up