Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
All Cigar Discussion>Budgeting?
Chainsaw13 03:16 PM 11-16-2011
There's always the cheap smoke thread: http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=643

Some decent bundles can be had for pretty cheap.
[Reply]
biggbob 03:17 PM 11-16-2011
I have a pipe that I go to occasionally. It is the only way that I enjoy flavored baccy. It also is easier to smoke in the car when its raining and i cant open a window.... and i dont burn my pants as much from dropped ashes either.
[Reply]
irratebass 03:24 PM 11-16-2011
Hmmm u guys are really against the COM clubs. I know IndyRob is a member and I have seen his sticks so now I'm on the fence.
[Reply]
poker 03:29 PM 11-16-2011
Cigar budgeting =
:-)
[Reply]
maninblack 03:31 PM 11-16-2011
Originally Posted by poker:
Cigar budgeting =
Don't forget Discover!
[Reply]
rebelknight 03:54 PM 11-16-2011
Get a cheaper meal plan. You'll enjoy the cigars more anyway.

Seriously tho I'm in college too and i understand what you mean. Basically i just cut spending and save up some money. Once i have enough to buy something i want, doesn't only include cigars, and i have enough set aside for rent and bills I will buy it.
[Reply]
yourchoice 04:14 PM 11-16-2011
http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=4941

There are some tasty inexpensive smokes out there. If you can't afford it, don't buy it. :-)
[Reply]
Bax 04:29 PM 11-16-2011
Originally Posted by irratebass:
Have you thought about CI's Cigar Of The Month club, starts at $20 for 4 sticks & $30 for 8 sticks, they say they never send the same stick and they promise no dog rockets. This is the route I am going after the cc is paid off.

http://www.cigarsinternational.com/html/comc.asp?cat=21
I'd avoid this also and save your cash for samplers on the WTS boards. :-)
[Reply]
Drez 04:35 PM 11-16-2011
what i do is put aside 10-25 bucks everytime i get paid so that every month i can pick up a couple 5ers or every couple months i can get a box.

the way i look at that is if i make my coffee at home and take a cup to work thats 3 bucks i save at starbucks or if you eat at home thats 7-10 bucks you saved from getting fast food.
[Reply]
DaBear 05:12 PM 11-16-2011
Originally Posted by Drez:
the way i look at that is if i make my coffee at home and take a cup to work thats 3 bucks i save at starbucks or if you eat at home thats 7-10 bucks you saved from getting fast food.
Was just about to post the same sorta deal.

In order to make some room in the ol budget for smokes I generally never eat out, and curb my drinking(I have a beer or two every now and then). That said with work and class constraints some times I'm forced to grab a bite somewhere out of lack of time to cook. And then I wallow in my tears as I think of what stick that meal could have bought me. :-)

Also, I generally know how much free cash I'll have available right after I get my paycheck, I go ahead and budget that stuff out so I don't over spend. That said, I have managed to learn a good bit of self control by not walking out of work with another stick or two, I typically only restock with a 5er at most from work once a week.
[Reply]
maninblack 06:35 PM 11-16-2011
Sell plasma and semen. Easy cigar money.:-)
[Reply]
Drez 06:36 PM 11-16-2011
Originally Posted by maninblack:
:-):-):-)
[Reply]
DaBear 06:41 PM 11-16-2011
never allowing a needle near my arm after my last experience with nurses trying to draw blood. I shudder just thinking about it
[Reply]
maninblack 06:54 PM 11-16-2011
Selling semen is much easier. And much more fun.
[Reply]
Drez 06:55 PM 11-16-2011
Selling semen is much easier. And much more fun.
but what happens when 15 years from now you get some guy or girl on your door step calling you dad.........:-)
[Reply]
maninblack 07:01 PM 11-16-2011
I already have. Lol
[Reply]
Drez 07:07 PM 11-16-2011
I already have. Lol

but back on topic now lol

try putting away 20 bucks everytime you get paid or money. after you form the habit your good. :-)
[Reply]
ApexAZ 07:09 PM 11-16-2011
[Reply]
CrzyMtnMan 07:37 PM 11-16-2011
I picked up cigars when I turned the legal age in my state. I visited my local B&M and picked up a single, soon I was there once a week giving something else a try, then one day I purchased a lighter, then one day purchase my first humidor. Once I went to college my 20 count desktop was stocked with really good cigars that I enjoyed or was waiting to try. Upon arrival to a new town I found, by chance, a really good B&M in said town, and keeping the same philosophy I have today, always pick up a single no matter what B&M I go to. I guess more through networking I got to know the owner, attended events, always purchased a single when there and things developed. I learned then what fellowship came with cigars, and made many friends.

Long story short, I never thought about stock at home, just stopped in to chat with my friends at the B&M in college, smoke a stick at the shop, and bring one back to try another day. Upon graduation I kept the same tradition, moving back home and going to work, although soon I found myself buying boxes of cigars I enjoyed, built an inventory, and then life took over and did not visit as much.

In the past two years, I found myself getting married, adopting a dog, and planning for my family. I still wonder in to my local B&M pick up a few sticks, catch up on old times, and head out.

To put a time on this, I started smoking cigars in 1995, I have three humidors packed full of cigars, smoke one a day on average, but have made countless friends. I have even met a few over time that do not understand the concept of a personal humidor, when they want a cigar they head down to the B&M and pick one up, I have learned as much from them as I have from those who have humidors at home. I am still a newb on this forum, I just enjoy reading, however the college post such as yourself, makes me thing about my story, thanks for reading.
[Reply]
N2 GOLD 08:38 PM 11-16-2011
You're in college, cut the full meal & replace with "CUP O'NOODLES" that allows more of the budget for cigars...
[Reply]
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Up