Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 3
1 23 >
All Cigar Discussion>Budgeting?
Flounder 02:07 PM 11-16-2011
Hey guys. Sorry for my absence as late, school has been kicking my ass the past 10 weeks. But I have a question for all of you, and specifically the college guys.

How the hell do you budget to buy cigars? Over the summer I was working full time, and it was no big deal. And I am not running low by any means, I went from having 50-60 stick down to about 20 since school started. I want to start buying again, but I just cant find the moneys.What do you guys do to budget it out?
[Reply]
Emjaysmash 02:14 PM 11-16-2011
I dont buy cigars. LOL. All the money from my two jobs goes to pay for groceries and odd bills. Also, I don't smoke nearly as often. (MAYBE once a month)

My suggestion to you is to sign up for all the newsletters and deals from the online retailers. They usually have a deal in every e-mail they send.

Also, I would try cigarbid and cigarsatyourprice. Oh, and the WTS/B forums here.
[Reply]
ApexAZ 02:16 PM 11-16-2011
I'm not in school full time, but my strategy right now is to find cigars I like in the $2 - $3 range that I can smoke in between the more expensive ones. I'm sure that because I'm so new to the cigar world that my palette hasn't developed as much as some of the more seasoned smokers out there, but I have found several very affordable cigars that I like as much as a $5 - $10 stick. This is also allowing me to slowly accumulate more expensive cigars, while I smoke cheaper ones. After a year or so of accumulation, it's just a matter of replacing a rotating stock. If I didn't have a wedding and several vacations planned next year, I'd have a few grand to dump, but I just don't right now.
[Reply]
Flounder 02:18 PM 11-16-2011
Good call, I forgot the WTB/S forums. I dont smoke a lot, I went a few months with it at all, but now that finals are wrapping up I want to smoke more, but dont want to run out.

I mean, over the summer I would get home from work, sit out back with a cigar and read. Everyday.
[Reply]
Blak Smyth 02:20 PM 11-16-2011
I have tight funds right now but was able to jump on this great deal:
http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showth...58#post1474258
[Reply]
J0eybb 02:23 PM 11-16-2011
I hate great Deals! haha
[Reply]
Flounder 02:25 PM 11-16-2011
Thanks for the heads up. I'm not a maduro guy, and I hated the Brazil at first, it grew on me by the end of the cigar though. I am generally a CAO fan. The deal is sold out, but I am pretty much flat broke at the moment anyways.
[Reply]
ApexAZ 02:25 PM 11-16-2011
Originally Posted by J0eybb:
I hate great Deals! haha
Me too. Great deal...BUYBUYBUY!
[Reply]
Blak Smyth 02:25 PM 11-16-2011
Originally Posted by J0eybb:
I hate great Deals! haha
:-) so does my wife!:-)
[Reply]
J0eybb 02:28 PM 11-16-2011
Originally Posted by Blak Smyth:
:-) so does my wife!:-)
:-)
[Reply]
qsalinas 02:29 PM 11-16-2011
When you figure it out let me know cause I'm spending $400-$600 a month on cigars. Not to mention all the money I have to spend on the wifey to keep her from saying something about my cigars. :-)
[Reply]
Blak Smyth 02:31 PM 11-16-2011
Can you take out a student loan for cigar money, call it a "student stress relief fund"?
[Reply]
MurphysLaw 02:35 PM 11-16-2011
I'm in college full time. I pick out what I want, save up the money, and buy it. Just have to resist buying stuff on impulse.
[Reply]
irratebass 02:54 PM 11-16-2011
Have you thought about CI's Cigar Of The Month club, starts at $20 for 4 sticks & $30 for 8 sticks, they say they never send the same stick and they promise no dog rockets. This is the route I am going after the cc is paid off.

http://www.cigarsinternational.com/html/comc.asp?cat=21
[Reply]
Emjaysmash 02:58 PM 11-16-2011
Originally Posted by irratebass:
Have you thought about CI's Cigar Of The Month club, starts at $20 for 4 sticks & $30 for 8 sticks, they say they never send the same stick and they promise no dog rockets. This is the route I am going after the cc is paid off.

http://www.cigarsinternational.com/html/comc.asp?cat=21
I'd stay away from that if it was me. :-)
[Reply]
J0eybb 02:59 PM 11-16-2011
Originally Posted by Emjaysmash:
I'd stay away from that if it was me. :-)
Same
[Reply]
maninblack 03:01 PM 11-16-2011
I agree with MJ. Those cigar of the month clubs are a joke. Its an easy way for company's to dump crappy sticks that don't sell. As far as budgeting goes, I do not know what that word means. I'm an addict.
[Reply]
LigaPrivadaT84 03:03 PM 11-16-2011
Cigar of the Month Clubs are a great way for retailers to get rid of excess, often unwanted, inventory.
I cannot speak for CI's club specifically, but have heard this from BOTLs who join cigar clubs time and time again.

No longer in college now, but my old habits of daily browsing of deal sites still live on today.
:-)
[Reply]
pektel 03:12 PM 11-16-2011
Budget?

HAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHA HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHA HAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHA!

****Breath*****

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHA HAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHA HAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA HAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA HAHAHHA!

Funny guy! :-)
[Reply]
pektel 03:15 PM 11-16-2011
Seriously though. If I don't have money for cigars, I don't buy them. Maybe start smoking a pipe or something. That's cheaper per session than cigars.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 3
1 23 >
Up