Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
All Cigar Discussion>Partially Smoked Cigar
kelmac07 11:47 AM 08-15-2011
Originally Posted by ChicagoWhiteSox:
:-)
Life's too short to mess around with it anyway, fire up a fresh one.
My philosophy too. :-)
[Reply]
Hippiebrian 07:01 PM 08-15-2011
If I know the cigar is going down for a bit, like everyone said I give it a purge before setting it down. I will always smoke a cigar that's gone out, sometimes even the next day. The first puff or two might be nasty, but for me they usually mellow out after that and, though not as tasty as they were, are smokeable. Sometimes that little bitterness of a re-lit cigar intrigues me a bit. But that's just me.

Whatever you choose to do, do NOT put it in your humidor! Despite my willingness to smoke them, when you take one whiff of a ciogar that's gonde out more than a few minutes, it's nasty! I don't even want that smell in my house, never mind my humi!
[Reply]
TheTraveler 08:04 PM 08-15-2011
I never relight a cigar while the end is still wet or if there's lipstick on it. Of course, I smoke cigar stubs I find on the street so those two rules are inviolable, in my opinion. YMMV.
[Reply]
JJKJR 05:01 AM 08-16-2011
Thanks for the replies. Sorry I didn't get back with you sooner. Here's what happened. My wife just ordered some Drew Estate Acid Cigars. Smoked 1/2 of a Maduro and wanted to save it. I had given her my small humidor for her cigars and she put the smoked cigar in the humidor afterwards. The good news is that she put the smoked cigar in a plastic bag. I checked the overall smell of the humidor and it was fine. I guess I'll just leave it there for now. I bet it will be thrown out for good on the relight.
[Reply]
CigarSquid 07:04 AM 08-16-2011
I will relight a nub on my way to work. So it usually sits over night in my garage at that rate.

Never taste to different.. Harsh like others said in the beginning, but soon goes away.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up