Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 4
< 12 34 >
All Cigar Discussion>Cigar and what?
thechrisdotcom 09:10 PM 08-02-2011
Oh that sounds good. Do you mix them?

I wanna try that with sparkling water.

And the La Traviata is a very nice cigar. Only cigar I've ever had from CAO.
[Reply]
Angry_Pirate 12:43 AM 08-03-2011
Arnold Palmer.. Half Ice tea and half Lemonade. Wonderful!
[Reply]
gbum 01:19 AM 08-03-2011
water,ice tea,ice lemon tea
[Reply]
GreekGodX 04:40 AM 08-03-2011
Cigar and a beverage don't come to mind right away when I saw the title :-)

Coffee seems to be my favorite drink with a cigar.
[Reply]
Boz 08:27 AM 08-03-2011
I typically smoke in the evening after dinner so its usually whiskey or a good beer for me.
[Reply]
awsmith4 08:39 AM 08-03-2011
Originally Posted by thechrisdotcom:
Looks like a lot of people really enjoy the sweet tea.

What brands do you guys like best? Figure it differs from state to state. I like Gold Peak the best. I've tried one from Snapple, Arizona, and some other, and they all weren't sweet at all.
I like Luzianne. I usually just make pitchers of unsweet tea but if I want sweet I add 1cup of sugar for 2qts.

Other than beer and whiskey, I prefer unsweet tea with my cigars, I like sweet too but something about unsweet tea that just stays second fiddle to the cigar. I also often enjoy coffee with my smokes.
[Reply]
Apoco 09:35 AM 08-03-2011
Diet coke or a scotch (pretty rare)
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
Skywalker 10:04 AM 08-03-2011
I love me a good pair!!!:-)

Morning = Coffee w/ cigar
Afternoon = Beer (micro brew) w/ cigar
Evening = Beer w/ cigar
Warm evening = Beer w/ cigar
Cool evening = Mixed drink (mojito, Crown & Coke, ect) w/ cigar
Cold Evening = Decafe w/ cigar

I always like to pair a cigar with a drink. I don't like to smoke without a drink, if I do I usually have to spit!:-)
[Reply]
ArgusP2 10:28 AM 08-03-2011
Originally Posted by thechrisdotcom:
Oh that sounds good. Do you mix them?

I wanna try that with sparkling water.

And the La Traviata is a very nice cigar. Only cigar I've ever had from CAO.
Yeah, I "cut" the cranberry juice with the pellegrino, about 1 to 1.
[Reply]
kickerb 10:48 AM 08-03-2011
coke, or when i can drink scotch or beer :-)
[Reply]
pektel 11:15 AM 08-03-2011
Originally Posted by Skywalker:
[b][size="3"]I always like to pair a cigar with a drink. I don't like to smoke without a drink, if I do I usually have to spit!:-)
+1. If I don't have a drink with the smoke, I spit quite a bit. Dunno why.

As for what I drink. I really like Appleton Estate rum (haven't had any of the "good" rums yet) with a few cubes and a splash of water, Jameson Reserve neat, Diet Pepsi, Lemonade, or my favorite, plain water.
[Reply]
J0eybb 11:34 AM 08-03-2011
Coke, or cool aid
[Reply]
SvilleKid 11:51 AM 08-03-2011
Originally Posted by pektel:
+1. If I don't have a drink with the smoke, I spit quite a bit. Dunno why.

I really like Appleton Estate rum (haven't had any of the "good" rums yet) .
If you can find it, Appleton has a 20 year aged rum, and now (as I've been told) a 30 year ages rum. I Have a bottle of the 20 year, and it ranks as the "good" stuff with me! Hard to find, and my only local source has to order it outside of the normal state ABC's list of available product. My source has been trying for two years to get a supply of the 30 year, but so far, no luck!
[Reply]
jjirons69 12:41 PM 08-03-2011
Lipton tea bags, family size, 4 to a gallon. Bring a couple of cups of water to a boil and remove from heat. Add bags and allow to steep for about 15 minutes. Decant and add a cup and a half of sugar. Dilute to a gallon. It's good fresh over ice, but best on day 2 or 3.
[Reply]
SvilleKid 01:16 PM 08-03-2011
Originally Posted by jjirons69:
Lipton tea bags, family size, 4 to a gallon. Bring a couple of cups of water to a boil and remove from heat. Add bags and allow to steep for about 15 minutes. Decant and add a cup and a half of sugar. Dilute to a gallon. It's good fresh over ice, but best on day 2 or 3.
Very close to my method, except I use 2 family size bags, and let them steep for at least 24 hours before 3/4 cup of sugar to a gallon of tea. Kinda a "sun-tea" method, except I bring water to a boil, then set off heat, then put in tea bags. Oh, FWIW, we only use porcelain lined brewing kettles for the steeping. Keeps out bitter taste that steeping that long in metal pot would bring. Glass pot would work as well, but harder to find and more expensive for no appreciable difference over porcelain, IMO.
[Reply]
tedrodgerscpa 01:20 PM 08-03-2011
Coffee is always my first choice, followed by water, then Coke Zero.

If it is brutally hot out, I skip the coffee altogether.
[Reply]
pektel 01:24 PM 08-03-2011
Originally Posted by SvilleKid:
If you can find it, Appleton has a 20 year aged rum, and now (as I've been told) a 30 year ages rum. I Have a bottle of the 20 year, and it ranks as the "good" stuff with me! Hard to find, and my only local source has to order it outside of the normal state ABC's list of available product. My source has been trying for two years to get a supply of the 30 year, but so far, no luck!
Thanks for the suggestion! I'll take a look on my way home tonight.
[Reply]
DTM 05:26 PM 08-03-2011
Depends on the smoke but normally its a DR Pepper. Otherwise a cold water or a good beer.
[Reply]
Cenookie 10:04 PM 08-03-2011
Cold water:-).
[Reply]
Hippiebrian 07:41 AM 08-04-2011
I like really strong iced coffee inthe summer, in the winter it's strong black coffee and a glass of water (separately, take turns on sips).
[Reply]
Page 2 of 4
< 12 34 >
Up