Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 6
< 12 34 > Last »
All Cigar Discussion>I'm at the Crossroads-Help me Decide
ucla695 01:04 PM 01-06-2011
Originally Posted by Lear31MX:
Do what makes you happy.
:-) No sense in doing it if you're not going to enjoy it.
[Reply]
shilala 01:30 PM 01-06-2011
Originally Posted by Katmancross:
They want me to review Ugly Coyotes next.
Say no more. What a brilliant opportunity to pull the plug!!! :-)
[Reply]
Dunkel 04:10 PM 01-06-2011
Yep, what Scott said! Send the pack of Ugly Coyotes back with a note saying, "No Thanks!" LOL
[Reply]
Katmancross 04:13 PM 01-06-2011
Originally Posted by Dunkel:
Yep, what Scott said! Send the pack of Ugly Coyotes back with a note saying, "No Thanks!" LOL
He's sending me the non flavored ones. God help him if he sent me a grape flavored cigar to review.
But even the original is sweet with a sweetened cap.
As I look into my crystal ball, I see me writing him and telling him "I hate them...now what?"
Update to follow......
[Reply]
Eleven 06:03 PM 01-06-2011
wwhstd?
[Reply]
Katmancross 06:06 PM 01-06-2011
Originally Posted by Eleven:
wwhstd?
HUH?
[Reply]
Eleven 06:12 PM 01-06-2011
HUH?
What Would Hunter S. Thompson Do? (besides acid, that is!)
[Reply]
floydpink 06:21 PM 01-06-2011
Gore and hookers? How have I missed these reviews?
[Reply]
Katmancross 06:27 PM 01-06-2011
Originally Posted by floydpink:
Gore and hookers? How have I missed these reviews?

The gore was when I had Mongo the rodent chew my hand off because it was trapped between rocks while hiking, and falling into a ravine, in the Alabao review.
The hookers was a reference to (they changed the word "prostitute" to "strumpets") in the Signature Series by Patel review.

Pretty petty, huh?
I forgot that 8 year old children read my reviews.
[Reply]
Prefy 06:44 PM 01-06-2011
Where could I set up my own blog and how would I get people to notice it?
If you are serious about setting up your own blog, fire me a PM.
[Reply]
Superbad 06:50 PM 01-06-2011
You can start a blog at Wordpress. I would then get the word out to people like MatthewJMicheal from Toasted foot, he is active here. You can spread the word via twitter and other means... next thing you know... boom tons of traffic, if you have the dedication and quality writing to keep it going, you can be successful.
[Reply]
Katmancross 06:56 PM 01-06-2011
Originally Posted by Superbad:
You can start a blog at Wordpress. I would then get the word out to people like MatthewJMicheal from Toasted foot, he is active here. You can spread the word via twitter and other means... next thing you know... boom tons of traffic, if you have the dedication and quality writing to keep it going, you can be successful.

I have a personal blog at salon.com
http://open.salon.com/blog/katmancross

I guess I could do the same thing at salon with cigar reviews. The blogs that tell readers I have a new review published at Famous gets a lot of hits
[Reply]
T.G 07:13 PM 01-06-2011
Nah, the cigar industry is a very small place. so I would not burn bridges like that. Review them and if you're done, then politely tell them that you're done. Leave on good terms. It's always nice to have a door in the past that will open for you in the future if the paths cross again. These guys all talk, as Pete Johnson puts it, it's more like a fraternity and the competition that exists within a fraternity than it is all out business competition. If you throw these cigars back at the supplier, word will get out.

:-)
[Reply]
Katmancross 07:15 PM 01-06-2011
Originally Posted by T.G:
Nah, the cigar industry is a very small place. so I would not burn bridges like that. Review them and if you're done, then politely tell them that you're done. Leave on good terms. It's always nice to have a door in the past that will open for you in the future if the paths cross again. These guys all talk, as Pete Johnson puts it, it's more like a fraternity and the competition that exists within a fraternity than it is all out business competition. If you throw these cigars back at the supplier, word will get out.

I agree. As I posted earlier, if I find the cigars atrocious, I will tell them so and ask them what do we do now? I just can't praise a cigar I don't like.
But this thread could also be my downfall.
[Reply]
Dunkel 07:20 PM 01-06-2011
Originally Posted by T.G:

I didn't mean it to be a slap in the face. I just meant the idea of smoking an Ugly Coyote would make me say no thanks.
[Reply]
Katmancross 07:26 PM 01-06-2011
I didn't mean it to be a slap in the face. I just meant the idea of smoking an Ugly Coyote would make me say no thanks.
Here's the bottom line....I have a Famous catalog in front of me and there are dozens of house brands to be reviewed.
Why pick a liquor store type house brand?
What is to be gained?
Guys that smoke grape flavored cigars are always going to smoke grape flavored cigars.
Do guys that smoke peach flavored cigars read these blog sites? Do they read reviews and blogs on an online cigar store?
Who is my audience?
And who will ever read me again if I write glowingly about it?
I'm so confused.
[Reply]
icehog3 07:49 PM 01-06-2011
The gore was when I had Mongo the rodent chew my hand off
Crap, I thought it was about AL Gore. :-)
[Reply]
T.G 07:52 PM 01-06-2011
Gotcha. :-)
[Reply]
floydpink 09:28 PM 01-06-2011
I still want to know more about the hookers and the gore.

Philip, did a dingo eat your baby?:-)
[Reply]
Katmancross 09:00 AM 01-07-2011
OK. I think an impasse has been solved. The guys at Famous have been very magnanimous about this whole thing.
They have approved publishing my reviews/stories here for the same cigar being reviewed on their site.
The review here... will be all me. The reviews at Famous will be PC, so nuns can read them.
I just have to write two stories/reviews. No problem.

I'm going to post two reviews/stories on the Review section this morning.
The first one is for La Floridita Fuerte cigars...a house brand. And it is not PC.
I will explain more on that post.

The other will be for Alabao cigars-another house brand. Nothing inappropriate on this one. But it may be more interesting for Beatles fans. Supposedly, this is a true story as told to me by George Martin in 1974 in London.

Thank you Famous!
[Reply]
Page 2 of 6
< 12 34 > Last »
Up