Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
All Cigar Discussion>Have you ever had a smoke cut short...?
liltim 12:34 AM 12-28-2010
I've had that bad experience where you aren't paying attention and there goes the ash end. I would have to say probably one of the worst tastes the pallet can experience.
[Reply]
akumushi 01:56 AM 12-28-2010
Originally Posted by auburnfan1980:
I learned this lesson the hard way while at the local shop. I went into the bathroom to pee and kept the cigar in my mouth. While doing my duty, the ash (pretty darn warm, too) fell and hit me square on the shaft. I pissed all over the toilet. I walked out, looked at everyone, and said, "beware of smoking while you pee....you might ash on your d***!" We all shared a good laugh and I learned a very valuable lesson that day :-)
:-):-)
[Reply]
Educator 01:37 PM 12-28-2010
Originally Posted by auburnfan1980:
I learned this lesson the hard way while at the local shop. I went into the bathroom to pee and kept the cigar in my mouth. While doing my duty, the ash (pretty darn warm, too) fell and hit me square on the shaft. I pissed all over the toilet. I walked out, looked at everyone, and said, "beware of smoking while you pee....you might ash on your d***!" We all shared a good laugh and I learned a very valuable lesson that day :-)
That's the reason the experienced ones thump their ash before they pee...

I've also put the burning foot of the cigar in my mouth but was also lucky enough not to burn anything...but I never tossed the cigar.

Worst for me was dropping a stick while I was outside and one of the ankle biters coming over and peeing on it before I can pick it up.
[Reply]
staminator 07:21 AM 12-29-2010
Sometimes when I'm needed by the Gotham City police, they signal me with a searchlight. Many a time have I had to put out a cigar with a sigh to rid this filthy city of its crime and corruption.
[Reply]
OLS 07:42 AM 12-29-2010
I hate to top this thread, just for the visuals alone. But I smoke in the tub a lot, it combines two
relaxing things into one. And most of the time things are fine. But 3-4 times, the cigar has:

A.) Ashed on ME, burning me and then dropping into the water, ending bath.
B.) Ashed in the water only ending bath.
C.) rolls off the edge of the tub into the water with no ash, ending the smoke.
D.) rolls off the edge of the tub with a big ash ending bath and smoke.
E.) Successful bath and smoke, drying off, knock cigar off edge of tub with towel, ending smoke.
[Reply]
neoflex 08:17 AM 12-29-2010
Originally Posted by OLS:
I hate to top this thread, just for the visuals alone. But I smoke in the tub a lot, it combines two
relaxing things into one. And most of the time things are fine. But 3-4 times, the cigar has:

A.) Ashed on ME, burning me and then dropping into the water, ending bath.
B.) Ashed in the water only ending bath.
C.) rolls off the edge of the tub into the water with no ash, ending the smoke.
D.) rolls off the edge of the tub with a big ash ending bath and smoke.
E.) Successful bath and smoke, drying off, knock cigar off edge of tub with towel, ending smoke.
With that visual I think I will be getting back to work now.:-)
[Reply]
jesseboston81 08:48 AM 12-29-2010
Originally Posted by neoflex:
With that visual I think I will be getting back to work now.:-)
:-)
[Reply]
OLS 01:53 PM 12-29-2010
Hahahahahahaha, jup, told ya it was bad. But it improves a loose draw, lol.
[Reply]
Katmancross 05:53 PM 01-01-2011
Originally Posted by jesseboston81:
Between yesterday and today the Boston area got hit with 18 inches or so of snow. Late this afternoon I headed out to take care of the shoveling, so I grabbed a cigar (7-20-4 dog walker) to make the work more enjoyable. For a while I was shoveling and holding the cigar in my lips, but that was making me salivate profusely, so I grabbed an ashtray and set the stick there to rest. I built up a good routine--shovel a bit, take a puff or two, go back and shovel a bit more. It was cold but enjoyable, and the stick was strong and tasty. UNTIL....

...I went back for another puff and found that the wind had knocked my poor little cigar into a pile of slush and snow. The cigar had gone out, so I clipped the foot and tried desperately to relight it, but it was too wet. :-) It was a tragedy that tarnished the rest of my shoveling!

So what unexpected events have caused your smoking to come to an untimely end?

Jesse,
You made me laugh. I live in Milwaukee. I've had the exact same thing happen to me twice. The second time really p****ed me off for being so dumb.
Right now the wind chill is -10 degrees. 30mph winds. I took the dog out back so he do his thing. My cigar got blown out of my mouth and down a tiny opening in my hoodie. I was wearing a T Shirt underneath. I got my hoodie off in 1.4 seconds flat. Damn it's cold! And the funny thing is that when my giant 125lb German Shepherd did his thing, the wind made his poop fly a foot away from him. Never saw that before.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up