Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
All Cigar Discussion>Have you ever had a smoke cut short...?
jesseboston81 07:15 PM 12-27-2010
Between yesterday and today the Boston area got hit with 18 inches or so of snow. Late this afternoon I headed out to take care of the shoveling, so I grabbed a cigar (7-20-4 dog walker) to make the work more enjoyable. For a while I was shoveling and holding the cigar in my lips, but that was making me salivate profusely, so I grabbed an ashtray and set the stick there to rest. I built up a good routine--shovel a bit, take a puff or two, go back and shovel a bit more. It was cold but enjoyable, and the stick was strong and tasty. UNTIL....

...I went back for another puff and found that the wind had knocked my poor little cigar into a pile of slush and snow. The cigar had gone out, so I clipped the foot and tried desperately to relight it, but it was too wet. :-) It was a tragedy that tarnished the rest of my shoveling!

So what unexpected events have caused your smoking to come to an untimely end?
[Reply]
neoflex 07:19 PM 12-27-2010
The worst by far for me was when I was working in the garage and smoking at the same time and not paying too much attention to my smoke. When to take a puff and put the ash end of the cigar in my mouth. Didn't burn myself luckily but it did ruin my palatte for the rest of teh day. Needless to say the stick got pitched.
[Reply]
Bill86 07:25 PM 12-27-2010
I was outside smoking a Viaje Exclusivo Robusto...all was well and then it started raining like heck. So I stood up against the house trying not to get rained on, squeezed an extra 10 minutes out of it. But ultimately there was about 20% left when I had to pitch it, stupid wind.
[Reply]
maninblack 07:33 PM 12-27-2010
Only the ones I voluntarily cut short because they taste like sh!t.
[Reply]
jledou 07:34 PM 12-27-2010
A wife and kids = many a cigar cut short before their time was done.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
Emjaysmash 07:35 PM 12-27-2010
Originally Posted by neoflex:
The worst by far for me was when I was working in the garage and smoking at the same time and not paying too much attention to my smoke. When to take a puff and put the ash end of the cigar in my mouth. Didn't burn myself luckily but it did ruin my palatte for the rest of teh day. Needless to say the stick got pitched.
EXACT same thing happened to me when grilling my dinner turned into a grease fire. It was an A. Fuente Don Carlos that accidentally got turned around in my hand amidst the confusion. Needless to say I dropped that sucker to the ground and didn't think twice.
[Reply]
Adriftpanda 07:44 PM 12-27-2010
... the girlfriend telling me to come home.
[Reply]
bobarian 07:46 PM 12-27-2010
Originally Posted by Adriftpanda:
... the girlfriend telling me to come home.
Pantywaist! :-)
[Reply]
guitar4001 07:49 PM 12-27-2010
Originally Posted by neoflex:
i am guilty of this too.
[Reply]
Adriftpanda 07:50 PM 12-27-2010
Stop stalking me just to slap me, old fart.
[Reply]
massphatness 07:52 PM 12-27-2010
I dropped a 70's Upmann in the toilet last Thanksgiving ...
[Reply]
hotreds 08:14 PM 12-27-2010
Originally Posted by massphatness:
Shouldn't smoke while you pee!
[Reply]
MikeyC 09:35 PM 12-27-2010
Originally Posted by jesseboston81:
Between yesterday and today the Boston area got hit with 18 inches or so of snow. Late this afternoon I headed out to take care of the shoveling, so I grabbed a cigar (7-20-4 dog walker) to make the work more enjoyable. For a while I was shoveling and holding the cigar in my lips, but that was making me salivate profusely, so I grabbed an ashtray and set the stick there to rest. I built up a good routine--shovel a bit, take a puff or two, go back and shovel a bit more. It was cold but enjoyable, and the stick was strong and tasty. UNTIL....

...I went back for another puff and found that the wind had knocked my poor little cigar into a pile of slush and snow. The cigar had gone out, so I clipped the foot and tried desperately to relight it, but it was too wet. :-) It was a tragedy that tarnished the rest of my shoveling!

So what unexpected events have caused your smoking to come to an untimely end?
I often have the same thing happen to me. I smoke a cigar a lot of times when I'm washing my car (during the summer of course :-) ). Sometimes, I put it down and occasionally it rolls away into a puddle.
[Reply]
Ogre 09:57 PM 12-27-2010
Originally Posted by massphatness:
Originally Posted by hotreds:
Who Said He Was Peeing?????:-)
[Reply]
markem 10:14 PM 12-27-2010
Don't put your ashtray on the ground while the dog is running around the yard. 'nuf said.
[Reply]
JJG 10:42 PM 12-27-2010
I lost an Oliva MB3 out the window yesterday. Unfortunately I was smoking in a second-floor sun room, so it actually fell pretty far. I tried to dust it off and keep smoking, but I couldn't keep the crackred wrapper from unraveling.
[Reply]
SMITTY66 10:50 PM 12-27-2010
I work at a cigar shop and the worst experience I've ever had was when I had just finished pricing a bunch of stuff and lit up a Padron 1926 80th anniversary and was looking forward to it all day....I took about a total of 7 puffs then set it on the ashtray....I went to ring up a customer and when I returned my co worker had thrown it in the fire can thinking it was the guys who had just left....it was the worst cigar experience of my life....
[Reply]
jesseboston81 11:05 PM 12-27-2010
After reading these stories, I don't feel so bad about having my smoke cut short. That Padron story is horrible! And winding up with the lit end of a cigar in your mouth gives a whole new meaning to the phrase "putting your foot in your mouth!!!" :-)
[Reply]
icehog3 12:04 AM 12-28-2010
Bar fights.
[Reply]
auburnfan1980 12:08 AM 12-28-2010
Originally Posted by hotreds:
I learned this lesson the hard way while at the local shop. I went into the bathroom to pee and kept the cigar in my mouth. While doing my duty, the ash (pretty darn warm, too) fell and hit me square on the shaft. I pissed all over the toilet. I walked out, looked at everyone, and said, "beware of smoking while you pee....you might ash on your d***!" We all shared a good laugh and I learned a very valuable lesson that day :-)
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up