Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
All Cigar Discussion>WTS and DC number among other stuff.
pektel 02:42 PM 10-15-2010
As much as your situation sucks, life does happen. I was selling off some of my detailing supplies, and accidentally forgot to ship a pot of wax. It wasn't a large amount (under $20), so I didn't even notice it. I got a message from the guy 2 weeks later asking where it was. I responded the same day, apologized profusely, and threw in a whole bunch of free stuff since I felt like a real douche-nozzle for forgetting.

Just saying, it may not be intentional, there could be something else behind the scenes.

I can understand that you would be frustrated at the lack of communication/lack of delivery. Hopefully it all works out.
smelvis 02:45 PM 10-15-2010
I am fine taking the heat if it makes others who are selling stuff for sometimes lots of money realize they have a responsibility to take care of their business! Excuses and ignoring pm's is bad business.
BigAsh 02:45 PM 10-15-2010
No communication/no DC is a legit gripe....but hasn't been my overall experience here...:-)
croatan 02:46 PM 10-15-2010
Ok. In that thread, it says that you committed on the 7th. Not the 5th. So we're really talking 7-8 days. Still longer than ideal (and yes, DCs and communication is the norm and should be expected), but if you've done as many deals as you say, you must have had this happen before. And it's almost never a big deal.

Also, you're now talking about this in that thread and this new one. Is that really necessary? I'm still not sure what you're trying to accomplish, but whatever it is, I don't think this is the way to do it.

Speaking as a member who's been a part of many deals on many boards over the years, my advice is to stay calm and see what happens. No reason to get bent out of shape over a $43 5-pack that's a few days later than you'd like. And now you're saying you're "pissed"--at least that's what I think you're saying from your posts; again, they're not the clearest.

Now, speaking as an admin, I'd suggest you use the tools built in to the forum for these situations. Trader feedback is there for a reason.

The most likely result of you making posts like these is people not wanting to trade with you. :-)
jmsremax 02:46 PM 10-15-2010
Originally Posted by Emjaysmash:
Like I said, this is NOT normal procedure; we encourage DC#s, and communication. The only thing you can really do, is not buy from them anymore, and leave feedback how you see fit.
:-)

I still am dealing with an issue (months old) but unfortunately there's nothing I can do. Trader feedback, PMing a mod, and not dealing with that individual again is the best way to go about it. :-)

I know you are frustrated but after 7 days I wouldn't flip out. Unfortunate things do happen that can cause someone not to log into a cigar forum. Clearly it isn't right to not send a quick PM in regards to their situation, especially when payment was sent, but degrading someone with no clue as to what is going isn't the best idea either.

Again, I know what you are going through, but give it another week. I hope everything gets resolved.
smelvis 02:47 PM 10-15-2010
Originally Posted by pektel:
As much as your situation sucks, life does happen. I was selling off some of my detailing supplies, and accidentally forgot to ship a pot of wax. It wasn't a large amount (under $20), so I didn't even notice it. I got a message from the guy 2 weeks later asking where it was. I responded the same day, apologized profusely, and threw in a whole bunch of free stuff since I felt like a real douche-nozzle for forgetting.

Just saying, it may not be intentional, there could be something else behind the scenes.

I can understand that you would be frustrated at the lack of communication/lack of delivery. Hopefully it all works out.

We are talking a lot more than twenty dollars. life happens but not three times in a row?
Emjaysmash 02:47 PM 10-15-2010
Originally Posted by smelvis:
I am fine taking the heat if it makes others who are selling stuff for sometimes lots of money realize they have a responsibility to take care of their business! Excuses and ignoring pm's is bad business.
Unexpected things happen. I usually give people the benefit of the doubt when it comes to excuses. But hey, that's just me.

EDIT: Just saw you said this is 3 times in row. If this was the same person, I can see why you are fed-up. Either way, its still none of our business and should probably be discussed with a mod.
smelvis 02:50 PM 10-15-2010
Originally Posted by croatan:
Ok. In that thread, it says that you committed on the 7th. Not the 5th. So we're really talking 7-8 days. Still longer than ideal (and yes, DCs and communication is the norm and should be expected), but if you've done as many deals as you say, you must have had this happen before. And it's almost never a big deal.

Also, you're now talking about this in that thread and this new one. Is that really necessary? I'm still not sure what you're trying to accomplish, but whatever it is, I don't think this is the way to do it.

Speaking as a member who's been a part of many deals on many boards over the years, my advice is to stay calm and see what happens. No reason to get bent out of shape over a $43 5-pack that's a few days later than you'd like. And now you're saying you're "pissed"--at least that's what I think you're saying from your posts; again, they're not the clearest.

Now, speaking as an admin, I'd suggest you use the tools built in to the forum for these situations. Trader feedback is there for a reason.

The most likely result of you making posts like these is people not wanting to trade with you. :-)

That 43 dollar 5 pack has two other deals combined with it taking it over a couple hundred. go ahead and close the thread. screw it.
smelvis 02:52 PM 10-15-2010
Originally Posted by Emjaysmash:
Unexpected things happen. I usually give people the benefit of the doubt when it comes to excuses. But hey, that's just me.

EDIT: Just saw you said this is 3 times in row. If this was the same person, I can see why you are fed-up. Either way, its still none of our business and should probably be discussed with a mod.

I disagree but I am the minority, hiding from the truth allows these things to continue!

But as I said go ahead and close the thread I will shut up.
croatan 02:52 PM 10-15-2010
Originally Posted by smelvis:
That 43 dollar 5 pack has two other deals combined with it taking it over a couple hundred. go ahead and close the thread. screw it.
You got it.

Edit: Also, I'm still at a complete loss as to what you're talking about. You mentioned a good trade, then a late trade, then a three-part deal. All over multiple posts with no continuity. If you feel action is warranted by the Admin team, please brief us on the situation--as clearly and concisely as possible.
icehog3 03:46 PM 10-15-2010
For future reference to all of us, if you have frustration over a delay or communication breakdown, use trader feedback or contact a Mod. If everyone who had a package delayed a week started a thread to b*tch about it, there wouldn't be much else to read. :-)
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up