Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
All Cigar Discussion>Oliva Maduro's taking over CA!!
AriesOpusX 02:21 PM 11-07-2008
Don't worry, pretty soon every post will be about the stupid sharks. :-)
[Reply]
icantbejon 02:30 PM 11-07-2008
Originally Posted by AriesOpusX:
Don't worry, pretty soon every post will be about the stupid sharks. :-)
Are those coming out soon? I really liked the one I tried. Gonna have to prep for them.
[Reply]
icantbejon 02:36 PM 11-07-2008
Originally Posted by Coz77:
Take the cigar for what it is...I find hype sometimes ruins otherwise great cigars. My 1st opus sucked because I expected so much from it. In actuality though Im sure its was fantastic. The second one however was :-):-):-).

Sit back relax and smoke that cigar with no prerequisites.

Dont believe the HYPE!! YEAH BOY!

This may actually be the best post I've ever seen in my life. You just don't see Flava Flav around enough anymore.
[Reply]
zmancbr 02:36 PM 11-07-2008
Originally Posted by icantbejon:
Are those coming out soon? I really liked the one I tried. Gonna have to prep for them.
Yea... they should be out anytime this month and definitely by next month. I would expect them around Turkey Day!
[Reply]
icantbejon 02:37 PM 11-07-2008
How much do the sharks go for new?
[Reply]
BengalMan 03:13 PM 11-07-2008
Well a Marbled Bamboo Cat Shark can be had for $69.99 right here:
http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/p...23&pcatid=1523

:-)

Oops, did you mean Fuente Anejo 77 Sharks? If that's the case, you can check here for all Anejo MSRP's:
http://www.vitolas.net/displayimage.php?album=35&pos=0
[Reply]
Skywalker 03:51 PM 11-07-2008
The whole thing's a myth!!!

There were only suppose to be 50,000 in production and I have counted 57,042 just on Cigar Asylum alone!!!
[Reply]
groogs 05:19 PM 11-07-2008
Originally Posted by Skywalker:
The whole thing's a myth!!!

There were only suppose to be 50,000 in production and I have counted 57,042 just on Cigar Asylum alone!!!

Since when did you learn to count.:-):-):-)
[Reply]
nozero 05:22 PM 11-07-2008
Still on my need to try list. Maybe next time I go to a local B&M to pick make a quick pick or two.
[Reply]
tobii3 05:34 PM 11-07-2008
I'm fairly new to the cigar forum world, but I've never seen so much talk about the same cigar.
Well, in a way, this is a GOOD Thing.

Normally when this sort of thing kicks off, it's called a FRENZY.

Then ODO kicks into overdrive....

Notable "frenzies" that cost me mucho dinero.....

Famous Nicaraguan3000 (the original frenzy was hilarious - the cigars were PHENOMENAL!!!)

La Vieja Habana Early Years Silencios (the OLD 40 count boxes)

CAO Brazilia Piranhas (commonly known as "Fishies")

CFO Reserva #7's (the goldfoots)

Some of us older guys (:-)) will tell you about something Oliva USED to do....

Oliva Segundos.....in a class of their own....

Which beings me to an even OLDER frenzy......

La Floridita Costa Ricans.....yummmies!!!!
[Reply]
BC-Axeman 05:41 PM 11-07-2008
Cruzado.
I was not going to buy any more boxes, but I will have Cruzados.
[Reply]
Legend 09:20 PM 11-07-2008
Originally Posted by papajohn67:
Hyped cigars...have we already forgot about the "Nub"?

As for Maduro's I doubt if the "V" Maduro will ever make my top 10 Maduro list. How do you spell disappointed, well I guess I just did. :-)
I don't know. The nub was hyped by people and marketing. I haven't seen the same marketing machine with the V maduro. Just a lot of smokers excited to try it.
[Reply]
Sauer Grapes 10:33 PM 11-07-2008
$9 or so. you can check exact msrp on vitolas.net
[Reply]
dcamacho 08:33 AM 11-09-2008
Illusione, Tat Black, Every and Any Pepin cigar. i aslo remember seeing a lot of 5 Vegas Gold threads for some reason also.
[Reply]
icantbejon 08:47 AM 11-09-2008
Originally Posted by dcamacho:
Illusione, Tat Black, Every and Any Pepin cigar. i aslo remember seeing a lot of 5 Vegas Gold threads for some reason also.
Illusiones and Tat black seem to be the most common I read. I wasn't around for all the hype of these releases. Blacks still seem to cause quite a stir. Illusiones have died out a bit from what I can read.
[Reply]
Don Fernando 09:32 AM 11-09-2008
Originally Posted by BengalMan:
With the V Maduro we released a cigar that the consumer really urged us for some time now to make. This was pretty much a limited run to give back to all the customers that made the V such a success. There may be another release next year at some point, but to be honest, I just don't know.
and the f$^&@ importer in The Netherlands made sure nobody here could get a hold on them, as he gave 2 boxes away and sold all the others to a friend of his. He did that with the first batch of V torpedo's too, some Opus X releases and the Padron 80th anniversary. That guy sucks! He should lose his license.
[Reply]
icantbejon 09:38 AM 11-09-2008
Originally Posted by Don Fernando:
and the f$^&@ importer in The Netherlands made sure nobody here could get a hold on them, as he gave 2 boxes away and sold all the others to a friend of his. He did that with the first batch of V torpedo's too, some Opus X releases and the Padron 80th anniversary. That guy sucks! He should lose his license.
Don't worry Don. I'm sure someone will take care of you :-)
[Reply]
Don Fernando 09:39 AM 11-09-2008
I moved to Ellabell, GA, if anybody needs my addy, pm :-)
[Reply]
icantbejon 09:42 AM 11-09-2008
Originally Posted by Don Fernando:
I moved to Ellabell, GA, if anybody needs my addy, pm :-)
I'm fairly confident you didn't move to town. I'll just have it all go to the Netherlands and hope that you're still in the area.
[Reply]
Don Fernando 09:44 AM 11-09-2008
The Netherlands is quite a big place.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Up