Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
All Cigar Discussion>Have you smoked Reserva MiraFlor by Guillen Cigars
Don Fernando 09:13 AM 11-11-2008
2 boxes ordered for the Dutch board.
[Reply]
-MG- 03:25 PM 11-11-2008
Late last week I had a Reserva Miraflor Churchill that I got from Vstrommark, and it was delicious! My reviews are more of the thumbs up / thumbs down variety, and this is without a doubt a thumbs up :-). I've found that I've reached the point where many of my old "acceptable" cigars just aren't cutting it anymore. This, on the other hand, just made its way into my regular rotation!

I've got two more, and fully intend to share them with my FIL come Christmas in hopes of expanding his purchases past just what he sees in the CI catalog. Guess that means I need to pick up more for myself...
[Reply]
hotreds 06:13 PM 11-18-2008
Got the fiver/sixer yesterday, and was requested to smoke ROTT. Well, I did let it rest for about 12 hours. It was delish! It was a toro, I believe. The draw was easy, the construction excellent with an even burn and long ash. The aroma was pleasant, and the taste of mocha and chocolate. I gave it an "A" in my black book. I look forward to lighting up another after it has a little time to recoup from it's almost cross country trip in the cold!
[Reply]
Wolfgang 06:30 PM 11-18-2008
Andrew passed em out at the herf I got 2 im just lettign my tastebuds recover a little before i light it up. 12 cigars/day will do that :hg
[Reply]
scroggers 08:38 PM 11-18-2008
Got my sampler today and smoked the Robusto as requested to do so by Andy. Overall a very enjoyable smoke. Nice construction and absolutely no problems with burn or draw eventhough I did not have time to let them rest. The flavors were good but I think they may improve with a little Humi time. Definitely looking forward to tring another and will definitely look to acquire more!!! Thanks again andy!!!
[Reply]
GhostRyder 11:31 PM 11-18-2008
What is the chance of these showing up in a B&M near me anytime soon? East coast? That flavor profile sounds pretty delicious.
[Reply]
AndyMadera 02:00 AM 11-19-2008
Hi GhostRyder, Good question... What do you consider any time soon? I can probably send some samples to you local B&M in january when I get my next shipment. However if you wanted to buy some sooner than that I am selling them through the mail right now. Ill send you details in a PM.

If any of you would like to see my product in your local B&M there is a way you can help. Please send me a PM and ill give you some details on how you can help make that happen.
[Reply]
tobii3 10:39 PM 11-21-2008
annihilated the Robusto tonight. absolutely NO rest time from the package (maybe 2 hours before it was lit??)

Most here would say I have charcoal for taste buds...hear me out.

I switched between three drinks to make sure I could honestly "taste" what I thought I was tasting.

Guinness, Coke, and plain water.

My notes -

- Pre-light - excellent - draw was very easy -

- Not a single burn issue (no kidding) - solid ash that held firm

- the draw - well, as I joked with my buddies, you could "chew" the smoke

- Now, I switched between drinks because I thought the Guinness was masking some of the flavor - going to the Coke, I realized it was actually complementing the flavors - going to water helped me identify it easily. Coffee, chocolate(cocoa) and, well, there were, in my lava tastebuds, almost a creamy taste in there as well. The last inch or so, I swear it got a floral aroma....It wasn't like ""oooh, roses"....just a slight aroma in there.

Overall, I give this a solid thumbs up. Smoking a cigar OTT with NO burn issues and having these sort of results does NOT happen often. I was impressed!!!

I'm thinking Andy's on to something here.
[Reply]
spectrrr 10:00 PM 11-22-2008
I told Andy I would smoke one on Sunday. I couldnt wait.
Today I huddled out in the shed and lit up a Reserva MiraFlor Robusto.

I'll preface this mini review to say that I really dont have expert taste buds. in fact, they're not very great at all! (but I do nose smoke a little).

Pre-light draw was excellent. not loose, not tight, just right :-)

The first puff: WOW!
most often when I light up a cigar, especially one that doesnt come with a hefty price tag, the first puff is a bit harsh from the lighting.... NO THIS ONE. I immediately picked out the creamy coffee and cocoa undertones.

First third - mmm YEAH, good stuff! creamy smoke, still getting those wonderful flavorful undertones that I usually can't pick out. (bear in mind we're not talking Drew Estates Java or anything, this is NOT a flavored cigar, just a flavorFULL cigar!)

Second third - About the same as the first.

Final third - I had to put it down a shade early. The cold weather was begining to take its toll about halfway through and I had to puff too often to keep it lit, so it got harsh a little earlier than it should or would have indoors.

all in all, a WONDERFUL smoke, I'm very happy, far far far better than many of the $6 sticks I've had. I concur that Andy's on to something :-)
[Reply]
av8tor152d 06:07 AM 11-23-2008
Received A Robusto size from Andrew(ScottishSMoker) at the YBOR herf, finally had a chance to light it up last night.

I suck at reviews just so all you know.

Construction was good nice prelight draw.

For the flavor pretty much stayed the same throughout the smoke, real mild nutty, chocolate flavors. Little to no pepper until the last third of the smoke. And no burn issues at all with the whole smoke.

I will say this was a great smoke a bit mild for me but I would gladly recommend and keep some in the Humi.
[Reply]
tobii3 07:25 PM 11-23-2008
Originally Posted by av8tor152d:
...a bit mild for me...
And you say I HAVE lava for tastebuds????

I've smoked FOUR of these this weekend..

Two Robustos, the Toro and the Lancero - and I never came up with a "Mild" profile....So I apparently DO have tastebuds left!!!!!
[Reply]
adampc22 03:12 PM 11-26-2008
i am happy to say now yes i have i enjoyed it very much and wud recomend them to enybody and everybody
[Reply]
s0leful0ne 12:56 AM 12-01-2008
Toro size i believe, passed on from Andrew himself to Andrew (scottish)

I have no complaints, reminds me of many NC's i have enjoyed in the past.

It is spot on to where most of you have stated and to what Andrew explained to me as the target for his cigar.

I was looking for my second one, but I forgot i put it in a MAW...:-)
[Reply]
TXRebel 08:59 PM 12-04-2008
I just finished my first GDW Reserva Miraflor, 5 x 50 robusto that I purchased from AndresMadera GDW. The construction was excellent as well as the draw. The flavors started off with hints of nuts changing to coffee. Excellent burn with ample amounts of smoke. 90 minute burn time from start to finish with only one ashing.

Well worth the money and I would definitely recommend this cigar.
[Reply]
ashmaster 05:58 AM 12-05-2008
I smoked the Churchill a few days back (basically ROTT) and overall it was a nice smoke. The burn was great with plenty of smoke, the draw was spot on. I would call it a med to maybe med-full bodied smoke with a nice flavor profile. For me a hint of cedar, a hint of spice, some nice coffee and chocolate flavors that came and went to keep the smoke interesting. The last 1/4 did get a bit undesireable, maybe it was still a bit over humidified. I feel with some aging this will be a very good smoke overall.

The Churchill is not my fav size, so I am looking forward in trying the others and would recommend this smoke to others. :-)
[Reply]
Django 02:51 PM 12-19-2008
Had a robusto this afternoon, of which i bought 10 through the dutch forum
And must say they are very nice.
A nice sting at the start and then some softer tastes, such as coffee and chocolates.
Nice, very nice indeed
[Reply]
awsmith4 11:52 PM 12-20-2008
Smoked another robusto after lunch today and again it proved to be a great smoke.
[Reply]
kelmac07 03:48 PM 07-14-2009
Just burned my first Reserva Miraflor yesterday, compliments of Johnnykay5...I believe it was a toro

Pre-light draw was perfect, not loose, not tight, PERFECT

The first puff: VERY NICE!! Touch of cream and spice grabbed me.

First third - VERY VERY NICE! Little spice, and cream is still there.
Second third - Same as the first.
Final third - Cream and spice a little less and more leathery flavoring

No burn issues and a very tasty stick indeed!! I will be looking for more of these (if Andy ever PMs me and tells me where I cand find them).
[Reply]
Serts 03:59 PM 07-14-2009
What size?
Churchil
Where did you get it?
From Don Fernando
Quick comments on construction/draw/flavor?
Perfect cigar i love them really:-)
Would you recommend/smoke again?
Yes i really like this cigar so i think i'm ging to buy a box or something:-)
[Reply]
Barteur 04:05 PM 07-14-2009
What size? smallest one
Where did you get it? Guillen box pass
Quick comments on GREAT construction/EXCELLENT draw/PEPERY flavor?
Would you recommend/smoke again? Yes excellent.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Up