Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 3
1 23 >
All Cigar Discussion>Have you smoked Reserva MiraFlor by Guillen Cigars
AndyMadera 02:31 PM 11-03-2008
Hey guys, I know now there a list of folks that have smoked my cigars Reserva MiraFlor. I would actually like to start making a list to see who has smoked them and a quick comment on them if you don't mind. This would also give you all who HAVEN"T tried them yet a chance to hear about them. If you have any questions about them please feel free to PM me or post them here as well.

Please answer these questions if you have smoked one of our cigars and don't mind sharing.

What size?
Where did you get it?
Quick comments on construction/draw/flavor?
Would you recommend/smoke again?
[Reply]
adampc22 02:54 PM 11-03-2008
no but i had a dream about them :-)
[Reply]
markem 05:25 PM 11-03-2008
Andy gave me a couple to try at a Stumptown herf along with a few other Stumptown regulars. The general consensus was that they had a Padron flavor profile something like a cross between a 3000 and a 64.

Lots of chocolate and coffee flavors. The contruction was superb and the burn flawless. I've since gotten some of the churchills from Andy and they are the same imprecable contruction.

If you like the Padrons, then I strongly recommend this cigar. Those that know me know that I don't do many NC cigars outside of the Padron, Tatuaje, and Illusione lines, but I'd be happy to smoke these any time.

The feedback that I have from other regulars at the Shilo cigar bar is that they are good, in fact, damn good. I think Andy has a winner on his hands.
[Reply]
68TriShield 06:22 PM 11-03-2008
Originally Posted by vstrommark:
Andy gave me a couple to try at a Stumptown herf along with a few other Stumptown regulars. The general consensus was that they had a Padron flavor profile something like a cross between a 3000 and a 64.

Lots of chocolate and coffee flavors. The contruction was superb and the burn flawless. I've since gotten some of the churchills from Andy and they are the same imprecable contruction.

If you like the Padrons, then I strongly recommend this cigar. Those that know me know that I don't do many NC cigars outside of the Padron, Tatuaje, and Illusione lines, but I'd be happy to smoke these any time.

The feedback that I have from other regulars at the Shilo cigar bar is that they are good, in fact, damn good. I think Andy has a winner on his hands.
Ain't none back east Pardner...:-)
[Reply]
markem 06:23 PM 11-03-2008
Originally Posted by 68TriShield:
Ain't none back east Pardner...:-)
Drop me a note and a package will be delivered.
[Reply]
groogs 06:28 PM 11-03-2008
I have never even heard of the Reserva MiraFlor before, but after hearing Marks coments I would really like to try some. Where can you get these at?
[Reply]
smokinj 06:30 PM 11-03-2008
Originally Posted by AndresMadera GDW:
Hey guys, I know now there a list of folks that have smoked my cigars Reserva MiraFlor. I would actually like to start making a list to see who has smoked them and a quick comment on them if you don't mind. This would also give you all who HAVEN"T tried them yet a chance to hear about them. If you have any questions about them please feel free to PM me or post them here as well.

Please answer these questions if you have smoked one of our cigars and don't mind sharing.

What size?
Where did you get it?
Quick comments on construction/draw/flavor?
Would you recommend/smoke again?
Not yet brother, still waiting on my box of "Thompson Sux":-):-):-)
[Reply]
markem 06:42 PM 11-03-2008
Originally Posted by groogs:
I have never even heard of the Reserva MiraFlor before, but after hearing Marks coments I would really like to try some. Where can you get these at?
I told Andy that there would be a bunch of people looking once word got out. The only retail place I know that is selling them is the cigar bar at the Northwest restaurant at the Shilo Inn in Portland ((503) 297-2551, ask for the GM, Nate).

Here is a review I found of Andy's cigar as well. None of us that smoked them when I was around had a burn issue, may have been storage/chipping issue with the reviewer. The local price is $6 for this stick. Dunno what the other sizes will be. No one here believes this is a $6 stick.

http://brianhewitt.wordpress.com/200...scuro-robusto/

(not that I'm pushy, but I'd like to see this brand make it - good stuff).

hmmm. Kioki is selling them, Andy?
http://www.kiokicigars.com/ttc/Reser...ds_id/273.html
[Reply]
groogs 06:52 PM 11-03-2008
Thanks for the info,I will certainly give them a try.:-)
[Reply]
AndyMadera 07:31 PM 11-03-2008
ack This was supposed to be a PM!!! **EDITED**
[Reply]
Whee 07:35 PM 11-03-2008
http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=1963

Great smoke. When I become gainfully employed again, I will buy more. Except for those 6x60s I was talking to Andy about. Got to go dig for more change in the seat cushions.:-)
[Reply]
awsmith4 09:45 AM 11-04-2008
I smoked my first on Sunday after Andrew (OP) traded me some of my smokes for his. It was a robusto and it was fantastic. Just like Vstrommark said, lots of chocolate and coffee flavors also a good bit of cream and and another good flavor I couldn't quite pinpoint. And also as Vstrommark said, absolutely perfect construction and draw. Definitely worth a purchase.
[Reply]
68TriShield 09:57 AM 11-04-2008
Originally Posted by vstrommark:
Drop me a note and a package will be delivered.
Thanks Mark.I'll wait till I see them here and buy them.No freebies are wanted or expected.:-)
[Reply]
AndyMadera 11:53 AM 11-04-2008
Originally Posted by 68TriShield:
Thanks Mark.I'll wait till I see them here and buy them.No freebies are wanted or expected.:-)
I just got some more cigars in guys. For those interested I have enough to send out 25 samplers of 5 sticks of mixed sizes. How does $30 with shipping included sound? I can only accept checks or MO at this time. send me a PM for my address and add your name to the list!

http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showth...0788#post50788
[Reply]
Thaplumbr 03:14 PM 11-04-2008
I tried my first this past sunday as well, I got the coffee and cocoa flavors, just a hint of pepper, I was really surprised at this stick, Good construction, kinda a light sheen to it, not dry looking. The stick i smoked was the churchill, i believe, and I got mine in a trade with Andy himself!
I have several more but im gonna let them sit a couple weeks to see if the flavors change any!
All in all, yes I would definately buy this !
I think Andy may be on to something here.IMHO!
Leroy:-)
[Reply]
searching178 07:11 PM 11-06-2008
Hey all, So I am not as good of a source as a lot of the other guys, I have just started smoking cigars in the last month and a half, but I have to say I thoroughly enjoyed this cigar. I got to try one at the Stumptown herf and ended up buying a box. As far as I can tell this has been a good purchase on my part because every one that I have sent one to or let try has liked them. So if your looking for a good stick I would suggest trying this stick.
as for the flavors of the stick, you can see what all the above have said and I can say even a nub like myself can taste these flavors.
[Reply]
Dooge 10:01 AM 11-08-2008
I know this is incredibly delayed and I'm sorry Andrew but things have been hectic.

I got a 5er from Andrew as a gift and they were incredible smokes. The cigars were full of flavour and had incredible draws. I highly recommend everyone to try at least one of his cigars when you get an opportunity.
[Reply]
livwire68 10:32 AM 11-08-2008
I am not one who usually picks out flavors, but this smoke I picked out coco/nutty flavors. Seems to be a well made and sturdy cigar. The ash did not easily come off, burn was great as well as draw. Nice stick! Maybe one day I will get some more.
[Reply]
GKitty 09:11 PM 11-09-2008
I feel honored to be able to get to know this line at its beginning. As someone with a fairly limited exposure and a small scope of reference, I feel underqualified to post an in depth review. On the other hand, I thoroughly enjoyed this cigar and want to add my enthusiastic support to what I'm certain will be a company to keep an eye on.

I usually enjoy mild-medium cigars and this was just my kind of smoke. Flavorful without being overpowering and lots of smoke to play with. (I'm working on learning how to blow smoke rings.) Nice nic buzz without knocking my on my a$$.

Miraflor has won themselves another fan.
[Reply]
jquirit 08:54 AM 11-11-2008
At one of our herfs, Andy gifted me one of his MiraFlors (think it was the Toro). Comparing notes with the other Stumptown herfers, we agreed that they had very similar tastes and elements to a Padron 3000 Maddie (and PAM64). I also felt that it tasted similarly to the Joya de Nicaragua Antano (but minus the heavy nicotine rush), which is one of my current cigars I enjoy. Didn't have any burn issues with the cigar (other than ones that were self-inflicted) and didn't believe that it would from the pre-light inspection of the cigar (nice wrapper, solid cigar that was bundled and rolled not too firmly but not too soft, pre-light draw was easy with a nice bit of resistance when cut with my trusty Palio cutter).

Definitely would smoke more of these again. :-)
[Reply]
Page 1 of 3
1 23 >
Up