Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
General Discussion>Has the economy changed your habits?
Da Klugs 12:49 PM 11-02-2008
Been taking sodas to the fast food place.

Jane and I filled up at the office a couple and each ordered 2 double stack cheeseburgers at Wendys for lunch.

$ 3.96 for 2 for lunch = Satisfyingly fulfulling to my sense of eating frugal. Maybe time to celebrate with a good cigar.
[Reply]
Neuromancer 12:53 PM 11-02-2008
The freefall the stock market went into took my trust fund with it and wiped out my income for 2009, so we're down to one income as Marie's the only one working so we're really trying to figure out what we have to cut and it doesn't look like it's gonna be a very good year...eating out less...not going to the movies cause we can get them from Netflix...gonna be buying less cigars and smoking the pipe more I guess...we haven't really even been able to figure out quite what to do yet as we lost a hefty bit of yearly cash inflow, and due to health problems it's gonna be hard for me to find something to add back to said cash flow...no happy new year for us...:-)
[Reply]
CoventryCat86 11:14 PM 11-02-2008
The economy hasn't affected me personally at all. I started a new job a year ago after a long drought of not working full time. The new job seems relatively secure but that can change at anytime as we all know. I think the thing is to keep debt manageable and SAVE at least the FIRST 10% of your income at all times, like they say "Pay yourself FIRST." Those two simple things can make things much easier for ya in the long run. Oh, and don't pi$$ away unexpected cash windfalls like too many people do, bank it and/or safely invest it.:-)

I'm not very extravagant, I've never bought a new car in my life which is fine, I actually enjoy the challenge of trying to keep my cars running as long as possible, LOL! I'm also lucky in that my dad encouraged my brother and I to learn how to fix things around the house (and our cars) ever since we were kids.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up