Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
All Cigar Discussion>Why didn't anyone tell me?!?
Darrell 02:36 PM 02-11-2010
Originally Posted by Jbailey:
Glad to see you ditched that flavorless wrapper D.
I should have wet it too, I bet it would have made it amazing. :-)
[Reply]
Jbailey 02:42 PM 02-11-2010
One of my favorite lines come at the end.
"Once properly cooled, feel free to discard, or place back into the cellophane wrapper and save it for later.":-)
[Reply]
Darrell 02:46 PM 02-11-2010
"Once properly cooled, feel free to discard, or place back into the cellophane wrapper and save it for later.":-)
Dear God. :-)
[Reply]
thebiglebowski 02:48 PM 02-11-2010
wait. take cigar OUT of cellophane wrapper?! the heck is he talking about? i never take the cellophane off.
[Reply]
yourchoice 03:04 PM 02-11-2010
Agreed. Ick! :-)
[Reply]
Razorhog 03:19 PM 02-11-2010
Originally Posted by Darrell:
Dear God. :-)
:-)
[Reply]
GKitty 03:20 PM 02-11-2010
Originally Posted by Mugen910:
Actually I enjoy that part...I don't mind taking the time to light one in such a way.
Me too!!

I've been teased about how much time I'll take "playing at" lighting a stick. Sometimes you've just got to take it slow.

Thanks for the article Bao, I now feel like I'm ready to make the next evolution as a cigar snob. :-)
[Reply]
DBall 03:31 PM 02-11-2010
Originally Posted by :
7.)Remove the wrapper: After a few puffs, the heat from the cigar will melt the glue on the wrapper, please remove it now. Leaving a wrapper on a cigar is controversial, and there are two camps of theory. Those in Europe and the Middle East consider it a sign of arrogance and showmanship, those in North and South America see it as optional.
He's gotta mean the cigar band, not the wrapper.........
[Reply]
pnoon 03:34 PM 02-11-2010
Originally Posted by DBall:
He's gotta mean the cigar band, not the wrapper.........
Just remember, Dan . . .

"Personally, it is better to err on the side of conservatism and simply remove the cigar label. Sure someone might think your Ed Hardy shirt is cool, but chances are people will think you’re a douche. Leaving a label on is for amateurs"
[Reply]
Jbailey 03:38 PM 02-11-2010
That's priceless Peter. I love that quote!

I'm sure he meant band but wrote wrapper or maybe he did mean the wrapper. :-)
[Reply]
pnoon 03:42 PM 02-11-2010
That's priceless Peter. I love that quote!

I'm sure he meant band but wrote wrapper or maybe he did mean the wrapper. :-)
I can get past the band/wrapper lunacy but a site that purports to educate males on how to be a sophisticated gentleman referencing Ed Hardy shirts and being a douche is downright comical. (Apologies to ADB)

And, of course, there is this gem - "Don’t worry about the ash falling on your clothes, it wipes clean (I know from experience)."
[Reply]
Mugen910 03:42 PM 02-11-2010
Originally Posted by pnoon:
Just remember, Dan . . .
Sure someone might think your Ed Hardy shirt is cool, but chances are people will think you’re a douche.
I was wondering why you kept laughing & pointing at me.:-)
[Reply]
Scottw 03:44 PM 02-11-2010
Maybe he meant Remove the Rapper?
Attached: 20090330_MCHammer.jpg (33.0 KB) 
[Reply]
Jbailey 03:47 PM 02-11-2010
Originally Posted by Mugen910:
I was wondering why you kept laughing & pointing at me.:-)
But Bao, I always point and laugh at you. :-)

Is my cooler a good place to keep all my half smoked cigars? I mean who has time to smoke a whole cigar anyway. Plus they fit back in the cello so nice it a damn shame to waste it.:-)
-edit- Should I still worry about humidity when it comes to half smoked sticks?
[Reply]
Mugen910 03:58 PM 02-11-2010
But Bao, I always point and laugh at you. :-)
:-)
[Reply]
Razorhog 03:59 PM 02-11-2010
Sorry mis- posted
[Reply]
JJG 04:32 PM 02-11-2010
"Personally, it is better to err on the side of conservatism and simply remove the cigar label"

I also take the label off, but only so I can put on my limited edition leather and gold Davidoff band.

Then I take out a butane lighter and use that to light a crisp $100 bill, which I in turn use to toast the foot of my Gurkha Majesty's Reserve.

:-):-)
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up