Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
All Cigar Discussion>Why didn't anyone tell me?!?
Mugen910 01:39 PM 02-11-2010
http://thehautespot.com/2009/11/24/t...cigar-smoking/
[Reply]
Scottw 01:44 PM 02-11-2010
He didn't mention Dryboxing (sorry Tom, had to do it).
[Reply]
pnoon 01:49 PM 02-11-2010
Oh yeah. Lots of good cigar advice there. :-)
[Reply]
chenvt 01:50 PM 02-11-2010
"Cigar Scissors: Self-Explanatory. Should work similarly to the guillotine cutter, but I’ve had terrible results and ruined many great cigars."

Noob
[Reply]
Mugen910 01:53 PM 02-11-2010
Originally Posted by pnoon:
Oh yeah. Lots of good cigar advice there. :-)
I think so

:-)
[Reply]
Darrell 01:55 PM 02-11-2010
Originally Posted by :
7.)Remove the wrapper: After a few puffs, the heat from the cigar will melt the glue on the wrapper, please remove it now. Leaving a wrapper on a cigar is controversial, and there are two camps of theory. Those in Europe and the Middle East consider it a sign of arrogance and showmanship, those in North and South America see it as optional.
[Reply]
Kreth 01:55 PM 02-11-2010
I don't think it's any worse than tons of other "Cigar 101" articles, with the exception of the part where he instructs you to remove the wrapper (clearly meaning band).
It's certainly better than the dork on about.com who has copyright this and licensed by permission that all over his articles, as if he invented cigar smoking. :-)
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
Jbailey 02:00 PM 02-11-2010
I always remove the wrapper since it adds no flavor at all. :-)
[Reply]
pnoon 02:03 PM 02-11-2010
Some of my favorites:

Look closely at the head of the cigar and you will see the cap.

(Nice blurry pic. :-))
The cap is a slightly different color than the rest of the cigar and looks similar to a Yakima on the top of the cigar.
(Yakima????? I'm guessing he meant yarmulke.)

Holding the cigar: You hold it between your thumb and forefinger, letting it rest gently on the edge of your middle finger if you please.

Keep the cigar in your hand and at your hip.

Remove the wrapper: After a few puffs, the heat from the cigar will melt the glue on the wrapper, please remove it now. Leaving a wrapper on a cigar is controversial, and there are two camps of theory. Those in Europe and the Middle East consider it a sign of arrogance and showmanship, those in North and South America see it as optional.

Personally, it is better to err on the side of conservatism and simply remove the cigar label. Sure someone might think your Ed Hardy shirt is cool, but chances are people will think you’re a douche. Leaving a label on is for amateurs,

:-) :-)
(The only "douche" is the author. Maybe his Yakima is on too tight.)

Extinguishing the Cigar

When the flame gets too close for comfort, time is up, or you wish to save the rest of the cigar for later, there comes a time to extinguish the cigar.
[Reply]
Adriftpanda 02:07 PM 02-11-2010
Originally Posted by Jbailey:
I always remove the wrapper since it adds no flavor at all. :-)
I thought that was what you're suppose to do... :-):-):-)
[Reply]
markem 02:10 PM 02-11-2010
I'm rather fond of this statement

Originally Posted by :
If you are purchasing the cigar for yourself, go with a “mild” flavored cigar.
I'm going out on a limb and assuming that the medium and full bodied smokes are therefore for "others" :-)
[Reply]
Mugen910 02:13 PM 02-11-2010
Sorry I can't see it Darrell..can you make the photo bigger?
[Reply]
Darrell 02:13 PM 02-11-2010
Removing the wrapper makes an otherwise boring smoke, quite sublime. :-)

Please note I did not murder a perfectly good LFD Salamones, this was damaged and I just helped it finish getting undressed.
[Reply]
pnoon 02:14 PM 02-11-2010
Another gem.
"Cigar Guillotine: The cigar guillitoine is a double edged cutter that will cleanly cut the cigar from both ends."

How does one cut the cigar "from both ends"?
[Reply]
Mugen910 02:15 PM 02-11-2010
Originally Posted by Darrell:
Removing the wrapper makes an otherwise boring smoke, quite sublime. :-)

Please note I did not murder a perfectly good LFD Salamones, this was damaged and I just helped it finish getting undressed.
wow..just wow..
[Reply]
JE3146 02:15 PM 02-11-2010
Originally Posted by markem:
I'm rather fond of this statement

I'm going out on a limb and assuming that the medium and full bodied smokes are therefore for "others" :-)

Medium and full bodies cigars must be only for practical jokes.
[Reply]
Razorhog 02:23 PM 02-11-2010
Not a bad article really. Would do a lot of folks good actually :-)
although I gotta say that I don't have the patience to light a cigar without giving it a few puffs to get going.
[Reply]
Mugen910 02:24 PM 02-11-2010
Originally Posted by Razorhog:
Not a bad article really. Would do a lot of folks good actually :-)
although I gotta say that I don't have the patience to light a cigar without giving it a few puffs to get going.
Actually I enjoy that part...I don't mind taking the time to light one in such a way...it's the relighting that I have no patience for.
[Reply]
Jbailey 02:28 PM 02-11-2010
Glad to see you ditched that flavorless wrapper D.
[Reply]
TheRiddick 02:34 PM 02-11-2010
... Whatever the theory may be, they all begin the same way.. Take the cigar our of the cellophane wrapper.

Huh!?
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up