Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 4
< 12 34 >
All Cigar Discussion>Any Lucky Cigar Buys?
pnoon 06:52 AM 01-19-2010
Originally Posted by Darrell:
Some dingbat at Holts?

You mean a presumably hardworking employee that made a human error?

Way to have integrity. I know who on CA I will NOT be dealing with EVER.

:-)

Loser.
Be nice. Or you may get coal in your stocking next Christmas.
[Reply]
McSmokey 06:53 AM 01-19-2010
On the subject of lucky cigar buys... this past October I was rummaging through some dust covered boxes on the floor of one of our local B&Ms walk-in Humi and came away with a box of Oliva MB2s and a 2005 box of DPG Blue Generosos :-)
[Reply]
Patrick B 06:54 AM 01-19-2010
I got one of the very last boxes of black tubos from a cigar website yesterday for $106 shipped.
[Reply]
e-man67 06:58 AM 01-19-2010
I am about to...but I don't want to!
[Reply]
elderboy02 07:01 AM 01-19-2010
I got a great buy today on some CC's
[Reply]
Patrick B 07:02 AM 01-19-2010
I think Dan and Eric are having a secret buying contest! :-)
[Reply]
joetownhound 07:02 AM 01-19-2010
:-):-)
Originally Posted by Smokin Gator:
I know Mike personally and fairly well. He is a stand up guy even though this thread was not his best display of his morals. He is a college guy!!!! I would imagine he will certainly learn from the correction of his elders. I am sure many of us, I know I have, made slips when we are young that are not indicative of our true selves.

If you never have then go ahead and pile on!!!

[Reply]
elderboy02 07:04 AM 01-19-2010
Originally Posted by Patrick B:
I think Dan and Eric are having a secret buying contest! :-)
Yeah, Eric and I hurt each other's wallets. Whenever we find a deal, we tell each other and it ends up killing our bank accounts :-)
[Reply]
Patrick B 07:06 AM 01-19-2010
These two have probably bought 15 boxes of CC's in the last 2 weeks!!
[Reply]
joetownhound 07:08 AM 01-19-2010
Originally Posted by elderboy02:
Yeah, Eric and I hurt each other's wallets. Whenever we find a deal, we tell each other and it ends up killing our bank accounts :-)
Can I play? :-D
[Reply]
elderboy02 07:11 AM 01-19-2010
These two have probably bought 15 boxes of CC's in the last 2 weeks!!
:-) E-man did most of the buying

Originally Posted by joetownhound:
Can I play? :-D
Trust me, you don't want to. PM me if you really want to :-)
[Reply]
elderboy02 07:13 AM 01-19-2010
I got one of the very last boxes of black tubos from a cigar website yesterday for $106 shipped.
Nice pick-ahp! :-)
[Reply]
havanajohn 07:15 AM 01-19-2010
Originally Posted by UFPowersmoker320:
My apologies gentlemen. Did not realize a proper recourse for an ordering/mailing mishap. My integrity is the last thing I want to be in question. Will contact Holtz ASAP and rectify the situation.

Agreed that posting my addy was a dumb move, lol :-)
Bravo! It was the right thing to do.
[Reply]
joetownhound 07:17 AM 01-19-2010
:-) E-man did most of the buying

Trust me, you don't want to. PM me if you really want to :-)
Just kidding bro, I've been hitting the great deals on CC lately myself. So much I had to have the wife lock the Credit card in the safe. :-D
[Reply]
joetownhound 07:20 AM 01-19-2010
Pick up a box of Anejo 46's for $200 last week.
[Reply]
Powers 07:57 AM 01-19-2010
Just called Holtz, they're sending me a pre-paid USPS box to ship back the mistaken Benchmades. They told me to keep five Benchmades for my honesty.

CA is about learning and becoming a true BOTL. I learned a lesson from this situation and am moving on a better man!

[Reply]
barbourjay 07:58 AM 01-19-2010
Originally Posted by joetownhound:
Pick up a box of Anejo 46's for $200 last week.
tampa humidor? when i was out there they had stacks of boxes, i couldn't believe how much they had. at least 5 boxes of the 46's and 50's. craziness as last year hardly anyone got more than 2-3 boxes (fuente's biggest dealers in the area).
[Reply]
Adriftpanda 08:14 AM 01-19-2010
Just called Holtz, they're sending me a pre-paid USPS box to ship back the mistaken Benchmades. They told me to keep five Benchmades for my honesty.

CA is about learning and becoming a true BOTL. I learned a lesson from this situation and am moving on a better man!

Sounds good Michael. You did the right thing man, and look, you still were able to get a 5er of them. Honesty pays off my friend.

So as far as good buys lately... NO! I missed out on a great price for the Upmann Connoisseur #1 :-)
[Reply]
BigAsh 08:14 AM 01-19-2010

:-) Chalk your first post up to "impetuous youth"....This post to "maturity"...Life's all about learning....(even at the University of Florida :-))
[Reply]
marge796 08:16 AM 01-19-2010
Good job!

[Reply]
Page 2 of 4
< 12 34 >
Up