Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 4
1 23 > Last »
All Cigar Discussion>Any Lucky Cigar Buys?
Powers 09:40 PM 01-18-2010
The cigar Gods smiled on me a couple days ago and I thought I'd share my awesome good luck story!

As many of ya'll know, last weekend Holtz ran an awesome deal on Tat Havana VI Verocu #9s, a box of 20 for right at $100. I love Tat and hadn't tried those particular ones before so I decided to pick up a box. As I also like Benchmades for a good cheap smoke, I ordered two Benchmade Cazadores for sh*ts and giggles.
When I opened the package upon delivery it contained THREE boxes of cigars. One box of Tats and two boxes of Benchmades! Some ding-bat at Holtz confused my order of two single Benchmades for two boxes of 'em. All while still charging me only for two sticks. In total, I got 20 Tat Verocus and 50 Benchmades for a whopping $106.75! :-)

This made me think if any other BOTLs have caught some lucky breaks over the years. Either in shipping mishaps as in my case or in finding that forgotten limited edition box in the back of your favorite B&M, I wanna hear some other fortunate findings or lucky breaks!

:-)

[Reply]
shvictor 09:43 PM 01-18-2010
This thread may not turn out good :-)
[Reply]
stearns 09:54 PM 01-18-2010
my thoughts exactly, bragging about getting a sizably better order on a site that has representatives from said companies as members... hey to each their own

stearns
[Reply]
elderboy02 09:54 PM 01-18-2010
Originally Posted by UFPowersmoker320:
The cigar Gods smiled on me a couple days ago and I thought I'd share my awesome good luck story!

As many of ya'll know, last weekend Holtz ran an awesome deal on Tat Havana VI Verocu #9s, a box of 20 for right at $100. I love Tat and hadn't tried those particular ones before so I decided to pick up a box. As I also like Benchmades for a good cheap smoke, I ordered two Benchmade Cazadores for sh*ts and giggles.
When I opened the package upon delivery it contained THREE boxes of cigars. One box of Tats and two boxes of Benchmades! Some ding-bat at Holtz confused my order of two single Benchmades for two boxes of 'em. All while still charging me only for two sticks. In total, I got 20 Tat Verocus and 50 Benchmades for a whopping $106.75! :-)

This made me think if any other BOTLs have caught some lucky breaks over the years. Either in shipping mishaps as in my case or in finding that forgotten limited edition box in the back of your favorite B&M, I wanna hear some other fortunate findings or lucky breaks!

You definitely need to call them and talk to customer service. If not, that is stealing :-)
[Reply]
marge796 09:56 PM 01-18-2010
Originally Posted by elderboy02:
You definitely need to call them and talk to customer service. If not, that is stealing :-)

[Reply]
Adriftpanda 10:01 PM 01-18-2010
You probably shouldn't have your address up....
[Reply]
Emjaysmash 10:13 PM 01-18-2010
+1 to all of the above.

You should really let them know about the misshap.
[Reply]
Darrell 10:16 PM 01-18-2010
Some dingbat at Holts?

You mean a presumably hardworking employee that made a human error?

Way to have integrity. I know who on CA I will NOT be dealing with EVER.

Loser.
[Reply]
mariogolbee 10:39 PM 01-18-2010
Originally Posted by Adriftpanda:
You probably shouldn't have your address up....
And phone number...
[Reply]
KidRock 10:42 PM 01-18-2010
Originally Posted by Darrell:
Some dingbat at Holts?

You mean a presumably hardworking employee that made a human error?

Way to have integrity. I know who on CA I will NOT be dealing with EVER.

Loser.

+1
[Reply]
Powers 10:56 PM 01-18-2010
My apologies gentlemen. Did not realize a proper recourse for an ordering/mailing mishap. My integrity is the last thing I want to be in question. Will contact Holtz ASAP and rectify the situation.

Agreed that posting my addy was a dumb move, lol :-)
[Reply]
Darrell 10:58 PM 01-18-2010
Originally Posted by UFPowersmoker320:
My apologies gentlemen. Did not realize a proper recourse for an ordering/mailing mishap. My integrity is the last thing I want to be in question. Will contact Holtz ASAP and rectify the situation.

Agreed that posting my addy was a dumb move, lol :-)
You did not realize that you should contact the company because they sent you like $100 extra dollars in cigars than you ordered?

You have a lot of learning to do concerning real life. :-)
[Reply]
icehog3 11:01 PM 01-18-2010
He apologized, I think we can stop piling on now. :-)
[Reply]
Smokin Gator 04:54 AM 01-19-2010
I know Mike personally and fairly well. He is a stand up guy even though this thread was not his best display of his morals. He is a college guy!!!! I would imagine he will certainly learn from the correction of his elders. I am sure many of us, I know I have, made slips when we are young that are not indicative of our true selves.

If you never have then go ahead and pile on!!!
[Reply]
kelmac07 04:58 AM 01-19-2010
Nice grab of the Tats though!! :-)
[Reply]
BeerAdvocate 05:40 AM 01-19-2010
Im sure that they will tell you to keep them anyway. But it is best to be honest!
[Reply]
Bax 05:45 AM 01-19-2010
Originally Posted by BeerAdvocate:
Im sure that they will tell you to keep them anyway. But it is best to be honest!
Probably true, It'll make you feel all warm a squishy inside too:-)
[Reply]
ZJB 06:31 AM 01-19-2010
They probably will just give them to you anyway but its best to call, as you may want to do business with them in the future. Don't sweat it learn from it. I've had my share of mishaps or should I say run-ins with the law far worse than that. A lesson lived is a lesson learned.

I just paid $100 for 5 Padron 45ths Mad. which I think was a good deal BTW.
[Reply]
G G 06:34 AM 01-19-2010
Originally Posted by BeerAdvocate:
Agreed, and I aint casting no stones.:-)
[Reply]
pnoon 06:48 AM 01-19-2010
Originally Posted by Smokin Gator:
I know Mike personally and fairly well. He is a stand up guy even though this thread was not his best display of his morals. He is a college guy!!!! I would imagine he will certainly learn from the correction of his elders. I am sure many of us, I know I have, made slips when we are young that are not indicative of our true selves.

If you never have then go ahead and pile on!!!
[Reply]
Page 1 of 4
1 23 > Last »
Up