Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Sports>Dolphins fans check in
Blueface 04:30 PM 10-25-2009
Unbelievable!!!
I have Brees in one league. I have Colston in another.
Just got screwed royally on that ball being taken away from Colston for a touchback.
This sucks!!!
[Reply]
Tenor CS 04:40 PM 10-25-2009
This game is giving me an ulcer.
[Reply]
Blueface 05:52 PM 10-25-2009
I am officially a Saints fan.
What a great team.
Held on in spite of a dismal start and huge deficit.
Came back as championship teams do.
What a great team indeed!!!
[Reply]
macpappy 06:10 PM 10-25-2009
It was a good game. I think the Saints just got into the Dolphins head in the second half. That and they figured how to minimize the damage from the wildcat.

On a side note, LSU played Auburn last night and the announcers kept talking about how well Auburn runs the wildcat. LSU stopped the wildcat last night too.
[Reply]
wavescrashing 07:27 PM 10-25-2009
Man that one really hurt, but the Saints showed what they were made of in the fourth quarter.
[Reply]
coastietech 06:16 AM 10-26-2009
Just want to point out that the Fins are still in last place. Bwhahahahahahahahaha!!!
[Reply]
OLS 06:37 AM 10-26-2009
Originally Posted by Blueface:
I am officially a Saints fan.
What a great team.
Held on in spite of a dismal start and huge deficit.
Came back as championship teams do.
What a great team indeed!!!
We are glad to have you !
Bienvenidos! Saludos y felicidades. Yes, the Saints are an acquired taste. You have to either have toiled through
decades of crap and enoy the now, or you can enjoy the now with no previous internal damage. Either way, you get
some good entertainment for your money.
[Reply]
Blueface 06:45 AM 10-26-2009
Originally Posted by OLS:
We are glad to have you !
Bienvenidos! Saludos y felicidades. Yes, the Saints are an acquired taste. You have to either have toiled through
decades of crap and enoy the now, or you can enjoy the now with no previous internal damage. Either way, you get
some good entertainment for your money.
Will still be a diehard Giants fan but one can't help but tip a hat off to this Saints team this year. I really think they are the ones to beat in the NFC. The rest of their schedule is pretty good, other than N.E., which I think they will dismantle. Next week with Atlanta should be a shootout!
[Reply]
macpappy 06:59 AM 10-26-2009
Originally Posted by Blueface:
Will still be a diehard Giants fan but one can't help but tip a hat off to this Saints team this year. I really think they are the ones to beat in the NFC. The rest of their schedule is pretty good, other than N.E., which I think they will dismantle. Next week with Atlanta should be a shootout!
I'm expecting another good game with Atlanta. They do seem to play New Orleans tough most games and they are coming off of two straight losses. That makes them hungry and dangerous.

On the other hand, I don't think the Atlanta defense is anywhere as good as the Dolphins and while the Falcon has a good offense, I don't think it will be able to handle a shootout with the Saints.

I would expect the Dolphins to bounce back next week.
[Reply]
Made in Dade 09:09 AM 10-26-2009
No bigger Dolphins fan on this board than myself. Tough loss yesterday, we had a opportunity to win the game. Next week we go on the road and play the stinkin Jets. For all the headaches Saints fans have endured, it looks like they are the real deal this year, as they have no weakness. What a fun offense to watch and they were not even clicking on offense yesterday and still scored 34 points on offense.
[Reply]
Made in Dade 09:18 AM 10-26-2009
Originally Posted by coastietech:
One thing I have noticed from living down here in So Fl is the fans are the biggest homer's alive!!! I listen to 560QAM quite a bit and if you listen to them and read the Sun-Sentinal you would think the Fins are the next Super Bowl champs. :-)

The only thing they love to talk about more than the Fins is a Jets loss..
I listen to 560 daily and sometimes 790. Jet fans were talking Super Bowl more than Miami fans were and Mark Sanchez was the 2nd coming of Joe Namath. That was three weeks ago.

I have noticed this about Jet fans, if they go 2-14 and those two wins are aganist the Dolphins, than it's been a good year. lol
[Reply]
Blueface 12:17 PM 10-26-2009
Originally Posted by Made in Dade:
I listen to 560 daily and sometimes 790. Jet fans were talking Super Bowl more than Miami fans were and Mark Sanchez was the 2nd coming of Joe Namath. That was three weeks ago.

I have noticed this about Jet fans, if they go 2-14 and those two wins are aganist the Dolphins, than it's been a good year. lol
Mikey,
Take it easy there.
When you talk about two wins, right now you are describing the Dolphins.:-):-):-)
Ouch!
[Reply]
macpappy 12:41 PM 10-27-2009
Just in case some Dolphin Fans don't realize it, "Stone Hands" Ginn was drafted by Miami with the ninth pick in the first round. In taking Ginn, the Dolphin's front office passed on Brady Quinn who dropped to the 22nd pick. Of course, he hasn't done anything in Cleveland but you will never know what might have been.

Anyway, I did some checking on some of the other players drafted in 2007. Do any of you recognize these names?

Patrick Willis - 49ers
Marshawn Lynch - bills
Darrell Revis - Jets
Michael Griffin - Titans
Jon Bason - Panthers

They are all first round picks drafted after Ginn who have already made it to the Pro Bowl.

Some other notable players drafted after Ginn:

Zak DeOssie - Giants - 4th round, Pro Bowler
LeRon McClain - Ravens - 4th round, Pro Bowler

Dwayne Bowe - KC 1st round
Brandon Meriweather - Pats 1st round
Robert Meachen - Saints - 1st round
Tony Gonzales - Colts - 1st round

Pierre Thomas - Saints - signed as an undrafted free agent.

Makes you sort of glad the Dolphins front office knows how to evaluate talent.
[Reply]
wavescrashing 07:40 PM 11-01-2009
First game we've won in 3 weeks (I guess that includes the bye). It was a bit sloppy, not to mention a botched 2-point conversion, but we pulled through. I'm havin' a celebration smoke. Who's with me?
[Reply]
macpappy 07:53 PM 11-01-2009
Congratulations on the win.
[Reply]
coastietech 05:55 AM 11-02-2009
Originally Posted by wavescrashing:
First game we've won in 3 weeks (I guess that includes the bye). It was a bit sloppy, not to mention a botched 2-point conversion, but we pulled through. I'm havin' a celebration smoke. Who's with me?

:-) :-)
[Reply]
wavescrashing 07:52 AM 11-02-2009
Originally Posted by coastietech:
:-) :-)
I promise, the Dolphins won't beat the Jets again this year :-)
[Reply]
wavescrashing 11:39 AM 11-21-2009
So we're 5-5 now and second place in the division. Here's to a Patriots loss this weekend :-)
[Reply]
Starscream 05:07 PM 11-22-2009
:-)
[Reply]
Calexan 12:19 PM 11-23-2009
Buffalo next week!!!! Lets get it!

Pats at NO and while i never like to see the pats win, id love to stop that NO run at the '72 Fins streak.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Up