Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 3
1 23 >
Sports>Dolphins fans check in
wavescrashing 09:20 AM 10-19-2009
I haven't seen any Miami Dolphins fans here at CA, so I thought I'd start this thread. They're coming off of a bye week with two consecutive wins (their only two wins). Hopefully new starting QB Chad Henne will keep the streak and conference hopes alive.
So.......
Where are the Dolphins fans at???
[Reply]
Blueface 09:23 AM 10-19-2009
Hmm.......

10/25 - New Orleans - Very good defense - Explosive offense.
Add to the mix a new QB.

Not looking good.
[Reply]
wavescrashing 09:39 AM 10-19-2009
Yeah I know. Plus their defense wont exactly shutdown Brees. I'm not unrealistic, just a diehard fan. I stuck with them through the 1-15 season.
[Reply]
Blueface 09:54 AM 10-19-2009
As a South Floridian for the past nearly 14 years, I have grown to root for them.
I am still a die hard Giants fan but see no evil in rooting for a local AFC team.
I think Parcell will do wonders with them and it is already showing last year and this one, in spite of three losses in their first three games.
He will build them up defensively which will help their offense.
They already have an awesome tandem in Williams and Brown. Certainly fun to watch.
[Reply]
wavescrashing 09:29 PM 10-19-2009
Originally Posted by Blueface:
As a South Floridian for the past nearly 14 years, I have grown to root for them.
I am still a die hard Giants fan but see no evil in rooting for a local AFC team.
I think Parcell will do wonders with them and it is already showing last year and this one, in spite of three losses in their first three games.
He will build them up defensively which will help their offense.
They already have an awesome tandem in Williams and Brown. Certainly fun to watch.
I agree, I think Parcells is really turning them around. I do hope Henne keeps his momentum going though. I'd like to see him take the starting job once Pennington is healthy.
[Reply]
Tenor CS 09:33 PM 10-19-2009
Fins fan here. Lived in Miami from 89 to 2007. Currently live near Orlando, and I hate the fact that I'm stuck watching the Suck-a-neers every week.
[Reply]
coastietech 06:15 AM 10-20-2009
Originally Posted by wavescrashing:
I agree, I think Parcells is really turning them around. I do hope Henne keeps his momentum going though. I'd like to see him take the starting job once Pennington is healthy.
Don't worry he's got the job... Pennington can't stay healthy. Even when he is healthy he doesn't have a very strong arm. There's no way Henne will be benched when Pennington comes back. I honestly don't think Pennington will be in the league much longer which is a shame because he was a great leader, a good QB, and a very smart player.
[Reply]
OLS 06:58 AM 10-20-2009
Sorry about this coming weekend, fellers. Lemme apologize in advance for the whippin' the Saints
are going to administer. It is cetainly nothing personal. We just would like to ONE YEAR advance to
the Super Bowl. We have been as far as the NFC Championship game, but have always come up short.
[Reply]
macpappy 09:48 AM 10-20-2009
Originally Posted by OLS:
Sorry about this coming weekend, fellers. Lemme apologize in advance for the whippin' the Saints
are going to administer. It is cetainly nothing personal. We just would like to ONE YEAR advance to
the Super Bowl. We have been as far as the NFC Championship game, but have always come up short.
If you want to read some really funny chit then go the the Miami Herald website and red some of the trash the dolfans are spewing.
[Reply]
macpappy 04:11 PM 10-20-2009
Found this quote online from the Ft. Lauderdale Sun-Sentinel:

"Rookie cornerback Sean Smith said the key would be limiting long pass plays for the league's top offense.

"If you can eliminate that and force them to play a game they're not really used to playing, that's good for us," Smith said. "The biggest thing this week is to finish.""

What game is he talking about? Jai-Alai? For the record, the Saints have a running game this year that compliments their passing game.
[Reply]
coastietech 04:37 PM 10-20-2009
Originally Posted by macpappy:
Found this quote online from the Ft. Lauderdale Sun-Sentinel:

"Rookie cornerback Sean Smith said the key would be limiting long pass plays for the league's top offense.

"If you can eliminate that and force them to play a game they're not really used to playing, that's good for us," Smith said. "The biggest thing this week is to finish.""

What game is he talking about? Jai-Alai? For the record, the Saints have a running game this year that compliments their passing game.
One thing I have noticed from living down here in So Fl is the fans are the biggest homer's alive!!! I listen to 560QAM quite a bit and if you listen to them and read the Sun-Sentinal you would think the Fins are the next Super Bowl champs. :-)

The only thing they love to talk about more than the Fins is a Jets loss..
[Reply]
kelmac07 05:40 PM 10-20-2009
Not many of you here!! Or admit to it.
[Reply]
Smokin Gator 05:52 PM 10-20-2009
I have been a Fins fan since the mid '70s. There were some awesome years in there and some horrible years. When I moved to Jacksonville and they got the Jags I never could really like them because we no longer got the Fins game on Sundays. Ticked me off royally!!!
[Reply]
macpappy 09:13 PM 10-20-2009
Originally Posted by coastietech:
One thing I have noticed from living down here in So Fl is the fans are the biggest homer's alive!!! I listen to 560QAM quite a bit and if you listen to them and read the Sun-Sentinal you would think the Fins are the next Super Bowl champs. :-)

The only thing they love to talk about more than the Fins is a Jets loss..
Yeah but this is a quote by a ROOKIE cornerback.
[Reply]
wavescrashing 02:33 PM 10-25-2009
Who's watchin da game??
The Dolphins first drive got near field goal range, but no cigar.
Speaking of which, time to light one up.
[Reply]
Blueface 02:51 PM 10-25-2009
14-0
Who would have thunk it!
[Reply]
Blueface 03:18 PM 10-25-2009
24-3 in the first half.
Who is this "Dolphins" team?
Where did they come from?
Talk about either a fantastic come back to be by N.O. or one massive dismantling of a great team.
[Reply]
macpappy 04:01 PM 10-25-2009
Nice instant replay malfunction in the first quarter.
[Reply]
macpappy 04:02 PM 10-25-2009
Ricky williams looks like he was supposed to look when the Saints drafted him. Glad to see he's got his head on straight now.
[Reply]
Blueface 04:28 PM 10-25-2009
The Saints have awakened.
LOOK OUT!!!
[Reply]
Page 1 of 3
1 23 >
Up