Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 4
< 12 34 >
All Cigar Discussion>It's a Special Occasion
OHMatt 11:47 AM 10-01-2009
This past weekend I went up to Chicago for the 85th birthday of my Wife's Great Aunt.
There were over 100 people at the event, I knew maybe 30% of them.

It seemed like it was going to be a special occasion; so I packed and smoked a Havana Soul Hirsch Y Garcia special edition blend. It was rolled by Pepin at an event for Cigar King in 2006. (as I recall I believe the wrapper used was different than the regular Havana Soul, the blend was not significantly changed).

It was quite an enjoyable cigar; but what made the experience better was having guys slowly migrate to the fire pit to join me. I had brought along a mix of aged cigars in my 15 count Otter box; it was full at around 10 and by Midnight was empty. :-)
[Reply]
darkninja67 12:30 PM 10-01-2009
I have some ESGs, Opus, and some CCs but will grab an Anejo 55 when I finally get my weight under 200lbs.
[Reply]
DoctorBJ 12:32 PM 10-01-2009
Originally Posted by Slavac:
If Amy tells me our first is on the way I'm reaching into the toolbox instead of the humidor and hitting myself hard in the goobers with a mallet.

Any other special occasion? Padron 45th or 64 Anny, or any stick I've deemed to be 'rare' or 'special'. This usually involves sticks given to me by people that are either CC or one that I only have one of.
just wrap it up first man.. gotta hurt alot less. :-)
[Reply]
DoctorBJ 12:36 PM 10-01-2009
A friend gave the wife and I a box of cuban Partagas for celebration of us both finishing our Master's degrees.

Sdly, I don't have any ideas for an upcoming celebration: bout to break an annual goal at work, given to me essentially to make me fail. I'm gonna finish a few months early, which means time to overachieve and stick it to the man :-)
[Reply]
sikk50 01:08 PM 10-01-2009
Well I'm right there with Slavac, but uh if the situation were different (ie in a career or married) I'd be grabbing the Forbidden X Toro I have stashed. But there's a strong likely hood it'll be burned when I graduate from CSUC next winter
[Reply]
s15driftking 01:25 PM 10-01-2009
On my one year wedding anniversary:

I plan to smoke the custom rolled CC that joshpip gave me as a gift for my wedding.
[Reply]
Dux 01:47 PM 10-01-2009
Originally Posted by 68TriShield:
Waking up is a special occasion for me :-)
I relish everything in my humidor,not that they are that special,I just love my cigars.

But to specifically answer your query,I would probably grab as big a cigar as I have on hand.

I have a Monte Especiale that was gifted to me a many Herfs back.
I'm saving it for that special day/moment/event.

But I agree 100% with Dave just waking up is worth any stick in my Humi :-)

That Monte is going to Burn Burn Burn :-)
[Reply]
DBall 01:54 PM 10-01-2009
Davidoff 3000's. I have a couple Mojitos and other less amazing stuff in my "special" humidor (not much, mind you... it's not overflowing by any stretch), but if it's truly a special occasion, I'm going for a Davi 3k. :-)

(I'd better only ever have 2 special occasions, though...)
[Reply]
icehog3 03:31 PM 10-01-2009
Originally Posted by OHMatt:
This past weekend I went up to Chicago
You didn't call, you didn't write.... :-)
[Reply]
rizzle 04:15 PM 10-01-2009
I usually break out a Partagas Churchill Deluxe on the average "special occasion". I have a few other individual sticks reserved for individual occasions. If any of that makes any sense to anyone.
:-)
[Reply]
muhren 04:40 PM 10-01-2009
I was gifted a Partagas 150...which, after a little research, turned out to be a 'special' stick. Pretty rough looking stick!

Can anyone give me some info on it? I tried to search the forum and the term '150' was too short to be included so I got a bunch of Partagas CC threads.

Help!

M
[Reply]
The Poet 04:46 PM 10-01-2009
Originally Posted by Slavac:
If Amy tells me our first is on the way I'm reaching into the toolbox instead of the humidor and hitting myself hard in the goobers with a mallet.

Allow me, sir - I owe you one. But I'll take the ballpeen instead. :-)

As for my special cigar, I need not worry - nothing good ever happens. :-)
[Reply]
bookman 04:46 PM 10-01-2009
For my recent 40th Birthday I had a Porterhouse and an Upmann Mag 50. It was divine.
[Reply]
NCRadioMan 04:51 PM 10-01-2009
Originally Posted by muhren:

Can anyone give me some info on it? I tried to search the forum and the term '150' was too short to be included so I got a bunch of Partagas CC threads.

Help!

M
A special edition Partagas that came out in 1995 and uses a cameroon wrapper from 1977.

Everyday is a special occasion to me. Life's too short to smoke cigars that are just "ok".
[Reply]
MNSmoker 05:56 PM 10-01-2009
When I buy my first house, I have a late '80's Davidoff 5000 waiting for me in the humi.
[Reply]
Bubba - NJ 07:59 PM 10-01-2009
I have a couple Punch Punch's from 1994 , the year I got married , that I'm saving for quarter and half century anniversaries . And I also have a RyJ Cazadores from the year I started working to smoke the day I retire . Monte A's also fit special occasion billing . :-)
[Reply]
rtparso 08:21 PM 10-01-2009
First Post
Not an occasion for a special smoke but for that time I have 2 Montecristo #VII about 5 years old now.
[Reply]
Texan in Mexico 08:33 PM 10-01-2009
Originally Posted by 68TriShield:
Waking up is a special occasion for me :-)
I relish everything in my humidor,not that they are that special,I just love my cigars.

But to specifically answer your query,I would probably grab as big a cigar as I have on hand.
Looks like we take the same vitamins, great answer.
[Reply]
leasingthisspace 09:04 PM 10-01-2009
I had a 98 Punch corona from a brother here. I wanted to save it but was thinking customs wouldn't have liked it coming back from Iraq so I smoked it. I will have another someday because it was freakin' awesome.
[Reply]
Giant & 49er Fan 10:17 AM 10-05-2009
WOW! CC's seem to dominate the Special Occasion smokes. One of my all time favorites is the AVO 80th. It was the first cigar I smoked on a Special Occasion. I try and keep it that way as I have a box but don't know how long I will be able to keep getting them.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 4
< 12 34 >
Up