Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
General Discussion>ESP custom guitar- FAIL!
Wolfgang 04:54 PM 07-17-2009
Image :-) :-) :-) oops sorry guess this is just for guitar players
[Reply]
jkim05 06:15 PM 07-17-2009
Originally Posted by AD720:
I worked at a small family owned chain in NJ.

ESP makes some really nice guitars. I'm more of a Strat guy. We did have a Japanese made ESP strat style that I was very tempted by.
Speaking of strats, I just replaced the pickups in mine with some custom hand-wound ones. They sound gorgeous. A much fuller sound than I had originally.

Originally Posted by Darrell:
No offense, but I assume this was on or around 3k.

If I'm spending 3k on a guitar, I'm getting a Paul Reed Smith. :-)
Now you're talking my neck of the woods.
[Reply]
Scottw 11:01 PM 07-17-2009
Originally Posted by AD720:
I worked at a small family owned chain in NJ.

ESP makes some really nice guitars. I'm more of a Strat guy. We did have a Japanese made ESP strat style that I was very tempted by.
Victor's?
[Reply]
Guitarman-S.T- 01:23 PM 07-18-2009
Originally Posted by SeanGAR:
Man .... that would be killer in green ....:-)
Thanks :-) your always on the good side :-) AND IT SHALL BE!

And i DO enjoy a PRS, but this ESP was to in a sense replace the one lost, after this guy my list for my collection SEARCH is as follow

-1988, Gibson Les Paul
-Jackson Custom Shop Rob Cavestany Snow White, Death Angel Model
-Double cutaway PRS
-Dean, Any Dime model (R.I.P)

Well... And maybe another custom shop if they can get it right next time hahaha ...
Now wheres that Jackpot!
[Reply]
Guitarman-S.T- 05:02 PM 09-04-2009
Just got notification from ESP, they are starting my Custom :-) again
My new specs, Oh hell i gave them an Overhall!

normally my new body choice would be another 1k on for a quote, but after the mix up they agreed keep the price the same even with the huge upgrade

Body- Horizon III
Headstock- Horizon Teardrop
Fingerboard- Ebony, 24 fret Neck threw

See threw Green, Flamed top
Creme Binding on body and neck/headstock
natural clear coat on the back of the Maple neck

Sperzel tuners
Tonepros string threw bridge

Argh.... TASTY! cannot wait
[Reply]
DonniePaul 07:40 PM 09-05-2009
I like the blue but stick with what you like. Especially if you are custom ordering it.

I had a boss when I started in IT. he once told me "Pain is good. if I do something wrong and I feel pain it teaches me a lesson. If a vendor screws up I will not take the hit/feel the pain for them. Until I get what I paid for I will make them feel the pain and they WILL deliver."

It is the truth. If it is not what you want then don't settle for it.

As a side note said I Play an 89 Fender Strat and an Ibanez artcore hollow body as my gigging axes. I also have a collection of others stashed away. :-)
[Reply]
Guitarman-S.T- 05:22 PM 09-06-2009
Originally Posted by DonniePaul:
I like the blue but stick with what you like. Especially if you are custom ordering it.

I had a boss when I started in IT. he once told me "Pain is good. if I do something wrong and I feel pain it teaches me a lesson. If a vendor screws up I will not take the hit/feel the pain for them. Until I get what I paid for I will make them feel the pain and they WILL deliver."

It is the truth. If it is not what you want then don't settle for it.

As a side note said I Play an 89 Fender Strat and an Ibanez artcore hollow body as my gigging axes. I also have a collection of others stashed away. :-)
hahaha right on man, Still looking for a 88 Les Paul, if you got any leads :-):-)
[Reply]
Guitarman-S.T- 02:34 PM 01-04-2010
New guitar is U.S Bound in Colorado at the moment!!!!
- Will be in my hands next Tuesday if all goes well... AGH! Cannot wait!!!!!!!
"will be posting a new thread"

so far 2010 is kicking the Arse out of 2009!!!! Which to me was a joke year, plenty of change, and none was really for the better ha, Bah, Cheers to 2010!!!!
[Reply]
bobarian 02:38 PM 01-04-2010
That's awesome Sam! Cant wait to see some pics! :-)
[Reply]
CigarGuy88 02:47 PM 01-04-2010
Originally Posted by Darrell:
No offense, but I assume this was on or around 3k.

If I'm spending 3k on a guitar, I'm getting a Paul Reed Smith. :-)
X1 :-)
[Reply]
Rabidsquirrel 03:43 PM 01-04-2010
Just noticed the inlay on the neck, and thought it was pretty neat. Are you going with the same thing?
[Reply]
ucubed 03:53 PM 01-04-2010
You should get a nice contrasting color pick for it as well =D
[Reply]
Guitarman-S.T- 04:10 PM 01-04-2010
Originally Posted by Rabidsquirrel:
Just noticed the inlay on the neck, and thought it was pretty neat. Are you going with the same thing?
same Off center block inlays, I love them as well. Different head stock and a custom Hand Carved body, Different would grain, so you all have something NEW to look forward to.. 100% :-)
[Reply]
acarr 04:23 PM 01-04-2010
That is a beautiful guitar. Is that a neck through body? Where is the bridge? I have an ESP custom shop from back around 1997 and it is the nicest guitar I have ever played.
[Reply]
Rabidsquirrel 04:30 PM 01-04-2010
Looks like it was at the last stage of assembly before the pictures were taken.
[Reply]
Ratters 07:41 PM 01-04-2010
Can't wait to see the ESP, I love those guitars. My bandmate had one and it was awesome.

Me, I kick it old school. :-)

1980 Ibanez Artist with Duncans. Love the thing.
[Reply]
acarr 08:11 PM 01-04-2010
Originally Posted by Ratters:
Can't wait to see the ESP, I love those guitars. My bandmate had one and it was awesome.

Me, I kick it old school. :-)

1980 Ibanez Artist with Duncans. Love the thing.
Just like the 80's ehh Ratters? Playing some Talk Dirty to Me. The only difference is now you are smoking real tobaccy and not wacky tobaccy.
[Reply]
Guitarman-S.T- 11:43 PM 01-04-2010
Originally Posted by acarr:
That is a beautiful guitar. Is that a neck through body? Where is the bridge? I have an ESP custom shop from back around 1997 and it is the nicest guitar I have ever played.
Will be a neck through, String through construction for the bridge, The Guitar first posted just had the top panel of the tonepros off.

But cannot wait to see my new baby!!!! So far the nicest guitars I have played were ESP's My old Horizon was fantastic, and been really digging my current ESP Vintage Honey burst Eclipse.

but now its time to get back in the 24 fret neck of schemes :-)

and some Tasty Tasty metal riffage

- Oh did I say I will have some Amplifier Pr*on as well! should all arrive thsi coming monday-tuesday
[Reply]
acarr 12:22 AM 01-05-2010
Mine is a horizon. The neck is so fast on it, my fingers get ahead of my brain.:-)
[Reply]
Guitarman-S.T- 11:38 AM 01-05-2010
Originally Posted by acarr:
Mine is a horizon. The neck is so fast on it, my fingers get ahead of my brain.:-)
Got any pictures! would love to check out your Miss's :-)

What spec'd? Wood/ neck/ pickups/ bridge, neck radius?

( Oh yah... Mine will have a Compound Radius Neck :-) )
[Reply]
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Up