Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
General Discussion>To Catch A Flower Thief...
WildBlueSooner 03:48 PM 06-30-2009
wow...what a dumbass! I am glad you caught them!
Texan in Mexico 05:45 PM 06-30-2009
It is incredible what people will do. I would be interested to find out what the motivation behind the theft is whether it is for resale or she just likes free flowers.
TonySmith 06:22 PM 06-30-2009
Originally Posted by NCRadioMan:
The only reason I would want you to send it to the news is the shame factor.
Only problem is some people have no shame, it's a sad world sometimes
BlackDog 06:28 PM 06-30-2009
Pretty neat that you got them on film. That plus the license plate number makes it pretty much a slam dunk.
hotreds 06:51 PM 06-30-2009
Looks like the guy that came out from your store was able to say something. Did they even look at they guy? Amazing!

Actually, what you should do if you get their addy is go to their house with a flat of flowers and tell them that these should preclude their stealing anymore flowers from in front of your store. Even if they have no shame, that should tighten their anus a bit!
rizzle 07:52 AM 07-01-2009
Craziness. Unbelievable.
ahc4353 08:01 AM 07-01-2009
I watched that video 3 times and all I can say is, WOW.
Footbag 08:24 AM 07-01-2009
Originally Posted by hotreds:
Looks like the guy that came out from your store was able to say something. Did they even look at they guy? Amazing!

Actually, what you should do if you get their addy is go to their house with a flat of flowers and tell them that these should preclude their stealing anymore flowers from in front of your store. Even if they have no shame, that should tighten their anus a bit!
As he walked out of the building he heard the guy telling the girl to get the other planter as well. He asked them to stop and told them they already called the police and then he wrote down their license plate #.
mikeyj23 08:25 AM 07-01-2009
Ridiculous.

I don't know of a news station that wouldn't go NUTS over this.
ahc4353 08:26 AM 07-01-2009
Originally Posted by mikeyj23:
Ridiculous.

I don't know of a news station that wouldn't go NUTS over this.
:-):-):-):-)

I would send it to the news people so fast it would make her head spin!
milaena 10:17 AM 07-08-2011
I have the SAME PROBLEM; every year my hydrangea bush produces about 65 extra large flowers. Gradually, starting in July, someone comes at night with pruning shears and clips two or three that are perfect for drying. (and then selling). Last year I lost 49. This year I am determined to wait up; they come in the dark, and probably walk as I live in an old village on a footpath.

Can't afford a CCTV. I am 66. Very dark area. This has been going on about six years. Any ideas? Exploding Ink? To track them home? HELP!!!
Milaena
icehog3 10:22 AM 07-08-2011
Yes. Yes. I would go with the exploding ink.

What kind of cigars do you enjoy, milaena?
Zeuceone 11:08 AM 07-08-2011
Nail a rattle snake by the tail to the bush.
Coach Deg 11:15 AM 07-08-2011
That's awesome!! Download it!!!!
shilala 11:29 AM 07-08-2011
I'd like to swing by their place and see if their flower beds are nice.
Makes me wonder if they're taking them home and planting them, or what they're doing with them? A couple plants costs less than the gas they used to steal yours, it makes no sense.
pektel 11:33 AM 07-08-2011
I'm guessing this has been settled, what with being a 2 year old thread and all.

To the new member: I would wait up and confront them.
OLS 11:34 AM 07-08-2011
Originally Posted by HK3-:
B-B-B-B-Busted! Way to catch those low life thieves. :-)
In deference to the enforcement officers at the asylum, my apologies, but as a group I have never been a fan
of law enforcement's sense of humor, at least when they showcase it while you are defenseless and under their control
or scrutiny a lot of times, and you have to be all "yes sir and no sir" while they lay it on as thick as they like.
Granted, this is viewed from a career pot smoker and everyone knows we never hurt anyone. But in this case I had
a LITTLE chuckle as I imagined them asking if it was "petunias, begonias, etc?" Not quite enough to turn the tide
in their favor, but given the sitcho, still kind a funny.
OLS 11:39 AM 07-08-2011
Haha, nice to see Milaena joined the forum just to be able to post her question about exploding ink.
Here's hoping you see enough around here to warrant sticking around.
kelmac07 11:45 AM 07-08-2011
Morons...in broad daylight? :-) :-)
jesseboston81 11:53 AM 07-08-2011
Originally Posted by OLS:
Haha, nice to see Milaena joined the forum just to be able to post her question about exploding ink.
Here's hoping you see enough around here to warrant sticking around.
In all fairness, this thread is the #2 result on Google for the search terms "catch a flower thief" and "how to catch a flower thief". Guess she was just that desperate that she didn't care that this is a cigar--and not a flower--community! Our influence extends even further than we had imagined! :-)
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Up