Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 3
1 23 >
General Discussion>To Catch A Flower Thief...
Footbag 01:35 PM 06-30-2009
We've had a bit of a problem at my business. Someone has been stealing our flowers out of our planter. At first it was annoying, but the third time it happened, we called the police. It's happened 5 times overall in the past 3 months.

I was almost embarrassed to have to make out the report. Especially when the officer asked me what types of flowers were stolen. Petunias, Begonias, etc... That said, we heard that it happened to another business a few blocks down, and thought it would be irresponsible not to fill out the report.

Well, sure enough, Sunday, I left work and a couple of minutes later they called and said they had seen the flower thieves and got their license plate #. My brother had called the police to report the newest theft.
Now, every other time they took them, it was night time. But this time, it was during the day. They messed up, and I got them on Video! Going to send it in tomorrow.

I was hoping that we would've already heard something, given the fact we got their plate, but we haven't. I don't know if they will pay them a visit or just send them something in the mail. Just having the police show up at your door for something like this must be embarrassing.

Well, that's my story for the day.
poker 02:10 PM 06-30-2009
Pretty pathetic to steal flowers.
Footbag 02:15 PM 06-30-2009
Originally Posted by poker:
Pretty pathetic to steal flowers.
Even worse getting caught!
poker 02:20 PM 06-30-2009
Put it up on Youtube LOL
skullnrose 02:20 PM 06-30-2009
Glad you were able to catch them in the act.
The Poet 02:23 PM 06-30-2009
I had a woman come into my place of work one day to ask if I liked the planter out front. Hunh? What? Well, not in THAT way, if that's what you mean. Hey, I barely KNOW it! But seems that she did, and did, as she wanted to take the whole damn thing home with her, dirt and all.

The noive of some people.
NCRadioMan 02:24 PM 06-30-2009
Put it up on Youtube LOL
:-) And send a copy to your local news for good measure. Let everybody see the thieving idiots.
Footbag 02:25 PM 06-30-2009
Put it up on Youtube LOL
I'm strongly considering it. If I don't hear anything from the police, I'll send it to the our local news and youtube and anywhere else that it may help. I just don't want to look petty, but I cannot comprehend what type of person would steal flowers.

Maybe Ill upload it tonight.
D_A 02:27 PM 06-30-2009
Put it up on Youtube LOL
:-) And share it with the local news station so their friends and family can see exactly the POS they are. Glad you caught them. I used to have flowers stolen from a bed by the sidewalk all the time.

'DOH. I type too slow, you guys beat me to it.
poker 02:27 PM 06-30-2009
Personally I would put it up regardless. Just in the hope that her family or co-workers might see it.
Junior 02:28 PM 06-30-2009
You could get someone to run the plates you have, and go take some of there flowers. See how they feel about it then.

Second thought you may have my luck, and the cops would be knocking on your door.
NCRadioMan 02:29 PM 06-30-2009
Petty? Nah. Thieves are some of the lowest of the low no matter what they take. What kind of person would steal flowers? Scum bucket thieves that need to be caught.
Footbag 02:37 PM 06-30-2009
Don't know if I can Embed, so here's a link.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EyBD9S1-Jvg
NCRadioMan 02:58 PM 06-30-2009
Originally Posted by Footbag:
Don't know if I can Embed, so here's a link.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EyBD9S1-Jvg
Sweet, now all you have to do is forward the link to all your local news outlets. They can pick up the vid from there. :-)
Footbag 03:05 PM 06-30-2009
Originally Posted by NCRadioMan:
Sweet, now all you have to do is forward the link to all your local news outlets. They can pick up the vid from there. :-)
I'm probably going to wait a day or two as the police do have their license plate #. I would've expected that to be enough. That said, I know they have more important things to do then chase flower thieves. So we'll see.
Tio Gato 03:06 PM 06-30-2009
Further proof that you can only trust cigar smokers.:-)
I hope you nail them dirty bums.
jjirons69 03:07 PM 06-30-2009
Hey, that's my SUV!
TanithT 03:13 PM 06-30-2009
I confess, it was me. I wanted to make my herfing spot more pretty. I am coming for your lace curtains next. :-)

Seriously, this is f***ed up. My guess is that it's a vendor looking for a "wholesale source".
NCRadioMan 03:18 PM 06-30-2009
Originally Posted by Footbag:
I'm probably going to wait a day or two as the police do have their license plate #. I would've expected that to be enough. That said, I know they have more important things to do then chase flower thieves. So we'll see.
The only reason I would want you to send it to the news is the shame factor. If people they know sees them stealing flowers, well, that's better than police prosecution in this case, imo.
HK3- 03:21 PM 06-30-2009
B-B-B-B-Busted! Way to catch those low life thieves. :-)
Page 1 of 3
1 23 >
Up