Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
General Discussion>Ties suck
Screwbag 04:23 AM 05-31-2009
The most formal I like to go is the Polo shirt. I hate ties like crazy!!
[Reply]
BillyCigars 02:14 PM 05-31-2009
Originally Posted by ActionAndy:
I'm trying to listen to the new Robert Palmer tape...but Evelyn, my supposed fiancée, keeps buzzing in my ear...
:-):-):-) :-)
[Reply]
Wolfgang 02:22 PM 05-31-2009
on another note what is the exact purpose of a rubber ducky?
[Reply]
ucla695 08:58 PM 05-31-2009
Thank goodness for business casual. :-)
[Reply]
chippewastud79 09:10 PM 05-31-2009
Ties are for weddings only. In college for travel we had to wear a suit on away games and I think I kept my tie tied at the correct length for the entire time rather than unraveling it. I just couldn't get it right, and never on the first try. :-)
[Reply]
icehog3 09:39 PM 05-31-2009
Originally Posted by chippewastud79:
Ties are for weddings only. In college for travel we had to wear a suit on away games and I think I kept my tie tied at the correct length for the entire time rather than unraveling it. I just couldn't get it right, and never on the first try. :-)
Went to a wedding last night....sportcoat, dress shirt....and no tie. Haven't worn one for years, and ain't planning to anytime soon. :-) :-)
[Reply]
mi2az 10:44 PM 05-31-2009
Originally Posted by White97Jimmy:
Go work for Google, t-shirt and jeans is the dress code!

I use to work for Borders Books in A2 Michigan at the Corporate Office. Flip-Flops, Shorts and Tee-Shirt.
[Reply]
DrDubzz 12:08 AM 06-01-2009
when I wear a tie, I like to make sure I look good

however, I don't enjoy wearing them very much
[Reply]
kaisersozei 07:26 AM 06-01-2009
Been wearing ties to work for more than 20 years. Not only do I enjoy mixing around that part of my wardrobe, but a suit & tie helps me do battle. It's my modern day knight's armor. At least in my mind.
[Reply]
gnukfu 09:52 AM 06-01-2009
Originally Posted by JE3146:
I wear shorts and a t-shirt....

Being an engineer has its perks :-)
:-) - not that casual but jeans and open collar shirt....and steel toed boots, can't have it all.
[Reply]
MadAl 10:12 AM 06-01-2009
I like wearing ties too. Not if I don't have to, but if it's part of the dress code, I have a really nice collection. Prefer the full Windsor.
[Reply]
Junior 10:12 AM 06-01-2009
My wife likes it when I wear a suit, and tie. With my job it is suit and tie until Memoral day then we switch to golf shirts. I do don the suit for important clients, or coprate meetings.
[Reply]
Drat 11:30 AM 06-01-2009
Screw those phallic nooses! I have to wear one when I have a meeting with anybody above my boss's level, but it's more of a suggestion than a requirement. I had an 11am meeting with some people at the top of my agency and the NYC EDC. The tie was gone the second the elevator door closed.
[Reply]
Mr.Maduro 12:07 PM 06-01-2009
I wouldn't want to wear one everyday, but I purchase ones that catch my eye every now and again to wear at special functions, weddings, etc. To me, each new tie is like a whole new suit. :-)
[Reply]
rizzle 12:34 PM 06-01-2009
I've worn one 4 days a week for the last 14 years and 6 days a week for the 5 years before that. Just part of the deal. Plus I'm extremely handsome and the wimmenz love the way they look on me
:-).
[Reply]
VTDragon 02:19 PM 06-01-2009
I wore one for many years as a retail manager. The damn things were always getting caught in something and were perpetually dirty and/or stained. Been working for myself for the past 11 years and haven't worn one since, except for weddings and funerals. I'm more comfortable in my polo shirt and my clients don't mind a bit.
[Reply]
chippewastud79 02:29 PM 06-01-2009
Originally Posted by icehog3:
Went to a wedding last night....sportcoat, dress shirt....and no tie. Haven't worn one for years, and ain't planning to anytime soon. :-) :-)
Not required, thats just about the only time I put one on :-)
[Reply]
CueTheMusic 02:46 PM 06-01-2009
I think I own three ties. One was bought for job interviews out of college, the other two for funerals. I can't stand wearing them. Only if I have to, and even then, they come off as soon as they are able.
[Reply]
Smokin Gator 02:52 PM 06-01-2009
I have a bunch of ties... but haven't worn one for quite some time. I don't own a suit anymore. I do have a navy sport coat but if I wear it I make sure to wear TopSiders and no socks of course.
[Reply]
Raralith 03:02 PM 06-01-2009
I started my career at a large CPA firm doing public accuonting (tax) and tie was required which I honestly didn't like. I went into private accounting (cost accounting) a few years back, and I miss my tie wearing days now. While I work at a manufacturing plant, and no one dresses up, I at least go in with a sports jacket, pocket square, button up, trousers, and dress shoes. I'm beginning to wear suits with a nice tie and matching pocket square on Wednesday too, and hoping to creep up into 4 days a week.

I like looking very presentable, not raging on jeans and a t-shirt, and my wife thinks it is overkill. I don't have too many ties anyways, 15 or so, but I'm still collecting. Pocket squares though, whole 'nother subject!
[Reply]
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Up