Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
General Discussion>So what's going on YOUR grill?
MarkinAZ 10:56 AM 05-23-2009
Originally Posted by cle_smoker:
How do you do your Tri-tips? I've seen them at Costco a few times and know that it is supposed to be a really tasty cut of meat, just not very popular in the Midwest.
Robert,

In prepping the Tri Tip, I thoroughly aerate each side of the TT with a fork as this helps to tenderize the meat.

I sprinkle each side with a good amount of black pepper, powdered garlic, and a small dose of salt, and generally will let that sit in the frig for a few hours prior to grilling. You can let it sit overnight too.

The meat is grilled over charcoal and hickory chips. The chips have been soaking in water for an hour minimum.

On an uncovered grill and directly over the majority of the coals, I will cook the meat 1 min per side and then 2 min per side to help seal the juices. I will then add a good handful of the hickory chips (drained), turn the TT to cook a bit to the side of the majority of the coals, and place the cover on the Weber grill and cook the TT as follows:

3 min per side;
4 min per side;
5 min per side;
6 min per side;
7 min per side;

It’s when you get to the 6 and 7 min per side marks that you’ll want to make the decision on when to remove your meat to the side as to complete the prepping or completion of other dishes, as the meat during this period of time will reflect medium rare to medium depending on the thickness of your TT.

Sometimes I’ll simply drag the TT over to the side of the grill and keep it covered as I’m completing some steamed broccoli to complete a side dish, etc.

There’s a few other things I do to TT, but I think this will be a great starter for you. You can’t go wrong with TT and it is simply a great meat to BBQ on the grill. Hope you enjoy the TT Robert.:-)

[Reply]
kaelaria 01:14 PM 05-24-2009
Mmmmmm how sweeeet it is :-)
Attached: kdk_0069.jpg (113.8 KB) 
[Reply]
kaisersozei 02:08 PM 05-24-2009
Last night we went with brats & onions, grilled garlic-herbed tomatoes w/blue cheese and bread.

Tonight it's apricot glazed pork tenderloin with zucchini squash.

Tomorrow we're having all 3 kids w/their boy/girl friends over, so it's triple bacon cheeseburgers.

Tending the grill all three nights with a cold beer & a cigar. Good grillin'! :-)
[Reply]
BamBam 02:29 PM 05-24-2009
Some New York Strips :-)
[Reply]
JE3146 08:26 PM 05-24-2009
Chipotle marinated pork chops. Tangy baked beans and bbq corn on the cob :-)
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
smokin5 08:29 PM 05-24-2009
Chicken breasts that have been marinating since 3:00 today -
garlic, cumin, tomato paste, lime, vinegar & other goodies.
Grilling as we speak.:-)
[Reply]
WildBlueSooner 09:38 PM 05-24-2009
Made some Italian sausages with chicken kabobs (with cajun seasoning)...it was all great
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up