Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
General Discussion>I lost a dear close friend last night
lightning9191 05:17 PM 05-21-2009
:-) Funny stuff there!
[Reply]
KidRock 05:19 PM 05-21-2009
Andrew,

Your Ronson and my Vortech lighters are in a better place where there is no pain or discomfort.
[Reply]
taltos 05:24 PM 05-21-2009
Your Ronson can now light the way for all of those poor lighters born as Colibris.
[Reply]
Emjaysmash 05:31 PM 05-21-2009
My Ronson has been with me for 2 years so far...

Im sorry to hear of your loss...I saw another one the other day...maybe he'll find his way to you... :-)
[Reply]
DPD6030 05:37 PM 05-21-2009
I grieved with a 06 Cohiba Pyramid and a homemade mojito. Made me feel better that's for sure :-)
[Reply]
jjirons69 06:09 PM 05-21-2009
It's a more fitting burial than Spooble's toss off the penthouse balcony to the pool cabana roof.
[Reply]
14holestogie 07:37 PM 05-21-2009
You poor, poor man. :-)
[Reply]
Bruzee 07:43 PM 05-21-2009
I just wasted 5 minutes of my life I can never get back reading this thread. :-)
[Reply]
Sailchaser 07:45 PM 05-21-2009
Andrew,

I blew off a ceremonial salutes of the cannon tonight and I lined up all my lighters in formation. Then we threw a wreath in to the canal to finish off the ceremony. Of course we were all formally dressed.
It was a hard day but together we can all make it through the day.
Pictures will be on the news tonight at 11

By the way I have a drawer of them if you need one let me know
[Reply]
dunng 07:59 PM 05-21-2009
Sorry for your loss. Mine normally go MIA... :-)
[Reply]
taltos 08:22 PM 05-21-2009
I can't match Chris and fire a cannon to mourn your loss but I did light off a :-) with one of my Ronsons in honor of your lost comrade. Hang tough little fella and you will get over this loss.:-)
[Reply]
CBI_2 08:29 PM 05-21-2009
:-):-):-) Your a crazy man Andrew. I guess that's why your in the asylum.
[Reply]
Cigary 09:22 PM 05-21-2009
The best thing about a Ronson is that they are a huge family and you can go out and get another one that will do the same thing your old one did. I bought the whole family when I bought my first one,,,all 12 of them and I am still using the first one. The others sit around a whine about when it is going to be their turn and it gets rather annoying so I had to put the rest in the bottom drawer with a promise that at some point I will use them,,,but only one at a time and it could be a long long time. They all Boo'd me and I closed the drawer.
[Reply]
Fishbeadtwo 12:16 AM 05-22-2009
Originally Posted by taltos:
Your Ronson can now light the way for all of those poor lighters born as Colibris.
Now thats some funny chit there........funny and oh so true......:-)
[Reply]
GodOfFire 01:07 AM 05-22-2009
"It went like this:

Today a dear close friend passes on to light the way in heaven for fellow members of the leaf that have passed on. Ronson was there for me through many good times and a few bad times. Ronson never complained and always did the job even if it meant getting banged up from time to time. I have to replace you and I hope you can find it in your flame to forgive me. You know that you will never be forgotten as we both shared some great memories and cigars. Your torch may have gone out here on earth my friend but now you light the way in heaven. One day we will meet up again and share a smoke. "

That's it I may just have to buy me a Ronson now. I had never heard of them till this forum. I like my xikar but man this forum shows more than alittle love to the Ronson.
[Reply]
kzm007 01:17 AM 05-22-2009
The Ronson may be in Heaven, but isn't fire better suited to Hell?

*laughs evilly*

My condolences otherwise, sir :-)
[Reply]
Ahbroody 02:39 AM 05-22-2009
Im that one Ahole who is always making noise during the moment of silence :-)
[Reply]
RevSmoke 05:43 AM 05-22-2009
I begin prayers for you and the family as I read the subject line and am going to post, and then...

... it is your lighter.
[Reply]
longknocker 06:09 AM 05-22-2009
Originally Posted by DPD6030:
That's right. Last night while at a herf hosted by KenS at his home I lost my dear Ronson jet-lite. The button no longer clicked to ignite. I decided that since it's been with me about a year or a bit longer that I'd give it the proper burial. Please take a moment of silence and remember Ronson.

He was a good friend and I know you had many fond memories of him, Andrew! May he rest in peace after his final light!:-)
[Reply]
G G 07:13 AM 05-22-2009
Originally Posted by taltos:
Andrew, you are so far up stream that the last salmon that you saw was waving bye bye. Your material here is some of the funniest stuff I have read in a long time.:-)
:-)
[Reply]
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Up