Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
All Cigar Discussion>I've Not Written Off Any Brands Yet
leasingthisspace 08:48 PM 04-15-2009
Originally Posted by elderboy02:
I have written off Acid and Cremosa's
I have tasted a Cremosa, it wasn't that bad. I have had much worse. I have tasted an Acid. A Kuba Kuba, it was very sweet, not really my thing but my buddy loved it. :-)

If you like it smoke it who gives a flying^&^$$# what I think.:-)
[Reply]
Starscream 08:54 PM 04-15-2009
Originally Posted by leasingthisspace:
If you like it smoke it who gives a flying^&^$$# what I think.:-)
Yes and no. I agree, smoke what you like, but at the same time, I take a lot of people at face value here who say a cigar is good or bad. I don't necessarily write off a cigar just because someone here says it sucks, but if I know that they like a lot of smokes that I like, and hate a certain stick, I will take it into consideration before I try one.
I like a lot of sticks that people here hate, but I also agree w/ a lot of people about cigars too.
[Reply]
M1903A1 08:57 PM 04-15-2009
Originally Posted by andysutherland:
I've written off only one brand so far: Puros Indios.

But well said. :-)
I think Puros Indios set my record for shortest time I've smoked a cigar. About a sixteenth of an inch in and I knew I didn't like it. :-)
[Reply]
leasingthisspace 09:02 PM 04-15-2009
Originally Posted by andysutherland:
Yes and no. I agree, smoke what you like, but at the same time, I take a lot of people at face value here who say a cigar is good or bad. I don't necessarily write off a cigar just because someone here says it sucks, but if I know that they like a lot of smokes that I like, and hate a certain stick, I will take it into consideration before I try one.
I like a lot of sticks that people here hate, but I also agree w/ a lot of people about cigars too.
I was just saying if you enjoy it then it shouldn't matter what others think. I do the same thing, I read what others think but I still wnt to try for myself. If I like it then that is all that I care about.
[Reply]
Starscream 09:03 PM 04-15-2009
Originally Posted by leasingthisspace:
I was just saying if you enjoy it then it shouldn't matter what others think. I do the same thing, I read what others think but I still wnt to try for myself. If I like it then that is all that I care about.
No argument there. I was just pointing out another side to the story.:-)
[Reply]
BillyCigars 09:54 PM 04-15-2009
Anything made/produced by:

Rocky Patel (particularly the "R4", Fusion, Indian Tabacs, & Sun Grown)
Rolando Reyes (Puros Indios, Roly, Cienfuegos, etc)
Nestor Plasencia (El Mejor Espresso, Nestor Reserve, etc)
Nick Perdomo (ESV, Habano, Reserve lines, etc)
Victor Sinclair
Felipe Gregorio

I'm pretty tolerant, but the ones I've listed are exxed off my list for good. I'm tired of pitching sticks, and life's just too short. I know I'll probably catch flack for the Rocky Patels & Perdomos but after 12 years of serious cigar smoking, I have never been dissapointed by a cigar line more often than those two. Sad too, because when I first smoked the Perdomo Reserves back in 2000, I really really liked them.

Just for comparison, notice that I haven't exxed off Drew Estates :-). For me to exx something off the list, it's got to disagree with me pretty hardcore.
[Reply]
icehog3 10:03 PM 04-15-2009
I agree, John and others, that you should try lots of cigars, and form your own opinions, not write off a line due to others' opinions or limited experience. Smoke what you like, like what you smoke. :-)

That being said, I have smoked enough cigars from the brands I have sworn off of to have my own educated opinion, and make no apologies for those opinions.
[Reply]
BillyCigars 10:10 PM 04-15-2009
Well stated :-)
[Reply]
Don Fernando 12:09 AM 04-16-2009
Originally Posted by ca21455:
It may just be me, but I have yet to write off any particular brand of cigar. Not to say I have anything against someone who will not purchase a certain brand because of any reason. That's your choice. There are a lot of things I don't like just on a matter of principle.

After smoking many cigars, somewhere in the thousands, I have come to the conclusion I can pretty much find something good from someones hand rolled collection of beauties.

I have to wonder though, when someone smokes (inset cigar here) that they feel is bad inevitably the next words out of their mouth is this brand is crap, I'll never smoke another ____ again. As I said, that is your choice, but you may be missing out on a really fine smoke.
PM me your addy and I will send you a cremosa and a guantanamere cristales. Maybe I can find you a gorillafinger too.
[Reply]
Jimbo14 05:38 AM 04-16-2009
Cohiba
Montecristo
Bolivar
Partgas

All terrible lines - would never touch them...

j/k....
[Reply]
68TriShield 05:59 AM 04-16-2009
Of the name brand NC's,I could never find a Camacho I liked.
Most other recognized NC brands,I can usually find something tolerable.
[Reply]
ca21455 06:44 AM 04-16-2009
Originally Posted by icehog3:
I agree, John and others, that you should try lots of cigars, and form your own opinions, not write off a line due to others' opinions or limited experience. Smoke what you like, like what you smoke. :-)

That being said, I have smoked enough cigars from the brands I have sworn off of to have my own educated opinion, and make no apologies for those opinions.
Originally Posted by BillyCigars:
I'm pretty tolerant, but the ones I've listed are exxed off my list for good. I'm tired of pitching sticks, and life's just too short. I know I'll probably catch flack for the Rocky Patels & Perdomos but after 12 years of serious cigar smoking, I have never been dissapointed by a cigar line more often than those two. Sad too, because when I first smoked the Perdomo Reserves back in 2000, I really really liked them.

Just for comparison, notice that I haven't exxed off Drew Estates :-). For me to exx something off the list, it's got to disagree with me pretty hardcore.
Perfectly logical to give up on a brand if you don't get anything you care for. I am pretty hard headed, or maybe just curious, and will keep trying anything new that comes out even if it is from a maker that has not thrilled me in the past.
[Reply]
taltos 07:04 AM 04-16-2009
Originally Posted by AD720:
Which one is the horse **** flavor?

:-)
Their best one.:-)
[Reply]
thebiglebowski 09:23 AM 04-16-2009
how many of these threads can pop up in one 24 hour period?
[Reply]
icehog3 01:12 PM 04-16-2009
Originally Posted by thebiglebowski:
how many of these threads can pop up in one 24 hour period?
Six? :-)
[Reply]
landhoney 01:37 PM 04-16-2009
Originally Posted by s15driftking:
I love Skankin Pickle :-)
[Reply]
thebiglebowski 02:59 PM 04-16-2009
Originally Posted by icehog3:
Six? :-)
and there you have it. :-)
[Reply]
icehog3 03:57 PM 04-16-2009
Originally Posted by thebiglebowski:
and there you have it. :-)
No, wait, seven. No...five!!

Is this a trick question? :-)
[Reply]
thebiglebowski 03:59 PM 04-16-2009
blimey!
[Reply]
neoflex 07:36 PM 04-16-2009
I'm in the NUB camp. Love everything Oliva except that part of the brand. Won't smoke Acids either.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Up