Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 3
1 23 >
All Cigar Discussion>I've Not Written Off Any Brands Yet
ca21455 07:45 PM 04-15-2009
It may just be me, but I have yet to write off any particular brand of cigar. Not to say I have anything against someone who will not purchase a certain brand because of any reason. That's your choice. There are a lot of things I don't like just on a matter of principle.

After smoking many cigars, somewhere in the thousands, I have come to the conclusion I can pretty much find something good from someones hand rolled collection of beauties.

I have to wonder though, when someone smokes (inset cigar here) that they feel is bad inevitably the next words out of their mouth is this brand is crap, I'll never smoke another ____ again. As I said, that is your choice, but you may be missing out on a really fine smoke.
[Reply]
elderboy02 07:56 PM 04-15-2009
I have written off Acid and Cremosa's
[Reply]
SixPackSunday 07:56 PM 04-15-2009
Originally Posted by elderboy02:
:-):-)
[Reply]
Starscream 07:57 PM 04-15-2009
I've written off only one brand so far: Puros Indios.

But well said. :-)
[Reply]
SmokinApe 08:07 PM 04-15-2009
nevermind...
[Reply]
lightning9191 08:11 PM 04-15-2009
Nubs....I haven't had a good one yet.....I have one in the humi though....so unless that blows my mind, then it's over.
[Reply]
Clampdown 08:11 PM 04-15-2009
Originally Posted by SmokinApe:
nevermind...
Come on Ape, lets hear it. :-)
[Reply]
ca21455 08:19 PM 04-15-2009
Originally Posted by elderboy02:
Ok, I can go along with the Cremosa, but I have tried a few of the Acids that were not all that bad.
[Reply]
s15driftking 08:23 PM 04-15-2009
people hate on acids because they are sweet and their image is "young and badboy-ish". For me, i smoked a Kuba Kuba just to see what all the hype was about and i actually enjoyed it, not an everyday smoke but sometimes you just want something different. You can judge me until your face turns pink, i enjoyed it.
[Reply]
AD720 08:24 PM 04-15-2009
I'm going to try an acid one of these days - for real. I got one in a MAW a while ago.
[Reply]
Clampdown 08:25 PM 04-15-2009
Originally Posted by s15driftking:
people hate on acids because they are sweet and their image is "young and badboy-ish". For me, i smoked a Kuba Kuba just to see what all the hype was about and i actually enjoyed it, not an everyday smoke but sometimes you just want something different. You can judge me until your face turns pink, i enjoyed it.
I hate acid not because they are sweet, but because they taste like horse ****.
[Reply]
AD720 08:27 PM 04-15-2009
Originally Posted by Clampdown:
Which one is the horse **** flavor?

:-)
[Reply]
s15driftking 08:27 PM 04-15-2009
Originally Posted by Clampdown:

you are entitled to your own opinion, which i'm sure others share as well.
[Reply]
BamBam 08:28 PM 04-15-2009
I've smoked one Acid, it was the Kuba Kuba. I smoked it literally for about 1/8" and couldn't do it. Too sweet for me, not to mention the sweeted tip that left my mouth feeling like I had ate a pixy stick.

But I have a buddy who loves em. So like they say, to each their own.
[Reply]
Starscream 08:28 PM 04-15-2009
I haven't written off Acids yet. Never had one. They seem too expensive for flavored cigars.
[Reply]
SmokinApe 08:36 PM 04-15-2009
Originally Posted by s15driftking:

My friend was smoking a Cold Fusion, it smelled like a burning hippie...
[Reply]
ca21455 08:36 PM 04-15-2009
Originally Posted by lightning9191:
Nubs....I haven't had a good one yet.....I have one in the humi though....so unless that blows my mind, then it's over.
The Nubs do not live up to the hype, but I remember one out of a sampler I tried was ok. In my opinion the ring gage is too large for such a short cigar. But I would not write off Olivia because of the Nub. They make some of my favorites!
[Reply]
s15driftking 08:41 PM 04-15-2009
[Reply]
lightning9191 08:42 PM 04-15-2009
Originally Posted by ca21455:
The Nubs do not live up to the hype, but I remember one out of a sampler I tried was ok. In my opinion the ring gage is too large for such a short cigar. But I would not write off Olivia because of the Nub. They make some of my favorites!
Right....I haven't written off Oliva....just the Nubs....so I don't think I've written off any manufacturers....yet.
[Reply]
ca21455 08:46 PM 04-15-2009
I guess that could be good or bad...depending on what the hippie was smoking! :-)
[Reply]
Page 1 of 3
1 23 >
Up