Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
All Cigar Discussion>Honest iTrader ratings
neoflex 06:47 PM 04-13-2009
Only reason I can think of is for retaliatory feedback. You hold up your end but the other party does not and in retaliation for leaving neg. feedback they hit you with the same. Seen it happen a million times on Flea Bay. Prob. not as likely here but I am sure in time it will if it has not already.
[Reply]
Skywalker 11:41 PM 04-13-2009
Originally Posted by Skywalker:
This brings up another question:

Is it possible to change positive trader feedback to negative or neutral, once it has been given???:-)
Originally Posted by The Professor:
Just out of curiosity, why would you need to do that (hypothetically)?
You know you take the cigars for a little test drive and everything is fine, then you make the commitment and you find you purchased a lemon!!!:-)

Honestly, I was just curious if it was possible.
[Reply]
Waynegro1 09:21 AM 04-14-2009
Well said, Michael. I couldn't say it better myself. :-)
Trader Feedback is a valuable tool for us to look at before committing to a trade, sale etc.
I'm Sorry you had a bad experience.
[Reply]
Mr Edmundo 10:33 AM 04-14-2009
Funny timing on this post. I have had a very bad experience on the other site. The guy was fairly new and had 3 positive tfs. I have always had good experiences, so I didn't even think anything bad can happen. Well I never received my sticks and am out $100 US ($125 Canadian). So I pm'd one of the other members who expressed interest in the cigars on the same WTS post. He replied that he did get his cigars, but had also received a couple of pms from other members warning him about dealing with this guy.

Similar thing happened on this forum. I was interested in a WTS offer, but there were some questions that were posted on some of the first few sales. I pm'd 2 of the buyers and the trades were very dodgy. Yet nothing but positives on the tf.

So that brings me to my point. If you look at almost all member's tf, they are 100% positive. And I truly believe the vast majority of us are good traders. But surly they are not all 100% smooth. I think, myself included, that we are reluctant to give neg tf, even if our experience is not 100% satisfactory. In my examples, there obviously were some issues with the guys I was dealing with, but there was absolutely no indication of such on his tf! So, if there were some indication, this may have prevented me a lot of aggrivation and some money.
So, I think we should make every effort to correct issues and problems through pms, but if that has failed, it should be on record in the feedback.

To be honest, I would like to be able to do more than just leave negative feedback to a guy who has deliberately scammed you and others. A separate section where one can vent. But I can see where that may not be the best idea.
You just feel so helpless when you've been had.
[Reply]
Skywalker 01:08 PM 04-14-2009
My solution:
Noobs (especially ones asking for a trade) need to send me their package first. I will then send my equitable end once theirs has arrived.:-)

Anyone have anything to add to this process???
[Reply]
Nabinger16 01:37 PM 04-14-2009
I like the fact the TOE are willing to remove obvious retaliatory negative feedback. I feel one reason people leave false positive feedback is to keep from receiving retaliatory feedback. Which we all know on flea bay, is a killer of an honest persons reputation.

One thing I've wondered about the trader feedback here at CA is the score displayed under the user name only consists of unique trades compared to total trades. I feel the total trades better represents an individuals history "at a glance" compared to unique trades. I understand why ebay does it, but CA being a smaller community it would be easier to police any gross abuse of the system.
[Reply]
Mr Edmundo 01:45 PM 04-14-2009
Originally Posted by Nabinger16:
I like the fact the TOE are willing to remove obvious retaliatory negative feedback. I feel one reason people leave false positive feedback is to keep from receiving retaliatory feedback. Which we all know on flea bay, is a killer of an honest persons reputation.

One thing I've wondered about the trader feedback here at CA is the score displayed under the user name only consists of unique trades compared to total trades. I feel the total trades better represents an individuals history "at a glance" compared to unique trades. I understand why ebay does it, but CA being a smaller community it would be easier to police any gross abuse of the system.
:-) I totally agree with that comment. It is reassurring that the mods are keeping an eye out for this type of thing. Something that I am not all that confident in at the other place.

I'm just not understanding the distiction between total trades and unique trades.
[Reply]
AD720 01:49 PM 04-14-2009
Originally Posted by Mr Edmundo:
:-) I totally agree with that comment. It is reassurring that the mods are keeping an eye out for this type of thing. Something that I am not all that confident in at the other place.

I'm just not understanding the distiction between total trades and unique trades.
Unique trades:

You and I trade 5 times and I leave postive feedback 5 times. You only have 1 trader feedback from me.
[Reply]
Nabinger16 01:52 PM 04-14-2009
Originally Posted by AD720:
Unique trades:

You and I trade 5 times and I leave postive feedback 5 times. You only have 1 trader feedback from me.
Exactly! :-)
[Reply]
Mr Edmundo 01:55 PM 04-14-2009
Originally Posted by AD720:
Unique trades:

Thanks for clearing that up Andrew. I do agree then, that total trades should be tracked.
BTW, I'm enjoying those cigars.:-)
[Reply]
Waynegro1 02:01 PM 04-14-2009
Originally Posted by Mr Edmundo:
Thanks for clearing that up Andrew. I do agree then, that total trades should be tracked.
BTW, I'm enjoying those cigars.:-)
I agree as well. I understand why, but it would be nice to have an idea how many trades a person has at a glance. I know we can click on the TF and see the history, but I have to admit, I usually just look at the number under their avatar.
[Reply]
DBall 02:59 PM 04-14-2009
Originally Posted by Nabinger16:
One thing I've wondered about the trader feedback here at CA is the score displayed under the user name only consists of unique trades compared to total trades.
Julian (mmblz) can correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe this is a bug in/function of vBulletin software and can't be changed.
[Reply]
icehog3 04:02 PM 04-14-2009
Originally Posted by DBall:
Julian (mmblz) can correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe this is a bug in/function of vBulletin software and can't be changed.
Even if it could be changed, I would be against changing it. You could get two buddies trading 20 times and getting a +20 rating, yet no one else has ever dealt with them. :-)
[Reply]
Volt 04:10 PM 04-14-2009
Originally Posted by icehog3:
Even if it could be changed, I would be against changing it. You could get two buddies trading 20 times and getting a +20 rating, yet no one else has ever dealt with them. :-)
Ok, I now see a little logic in your post, but on the other hand say you and I trade 4 good times and then one of us gets the shaft. Will the negative for whomever be reflected? I'm less worried about two solid BOTLs "running up" their count with valid trades than I am a ruffian type goping under the radar.

Gotta say, back in a different place SmokeyJoe traded with this Noob with 30 or so posts and no trades. His box got to me before my box to him. Damn fine example to live up to.
[Reply]
romwarrior 04:11 PM 04-14-2009
Or one guy doing phantom trades with a fake account.
[Reply]
Mr Edmundo 04:15 PM 04-14-2009
Originally Posted by romwarrior:
Or one guy doing phantom trades with a fake account.
Never thought of either of these possibilities. Good points.
[Reply]
icehog3 04:23 PM 04-14-2009
Originally Posted by Volt:
Ok, I now see a little logic in your post, but on the other hand say you and I trade 4 good times and then one of us gets the shaft. Will the negative for whomever be reflected? I'm less worried about two solid BOTLs "running up" their count with valid trades than I am a ruffian type goping under the radar.

Gotta say, back in a different place SmokeyJoe traded with this Noob with 30 or so posts and no trades. His box got to me before my box to him. Damn fine example to live up to.
It would. :-)

And I have to agree regarding Smokey Joe, first class all the way. :-)
[Reply]
ca21455 05:44 PM 04-14-2009
Don't usually look at the ratings when sending cigars. Just send them cause I want to...
[Reply]
mikeyj23 07:30 PM 04-14-2009
Originally Posted by ca21455:
Don't usually look at the ratings when sending cigars. Just send them cause I want to...
I send them cause I want to as well. I don't, however, want to send cigars to someone who's screwed another BOTL over before. That's what we have trader ratings for.
[Reply]
poriggity 08:39 PM 04-14-2009
Great post! Very important.
Scott
[Reply]
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Up