Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 3
1 23 >
All Cigar Discussion>Honest iTrader ratings
mikeyj23 05:43 AM 04-12-2009
Please give honest iTrader ratings after trading with someone. The system is in place so we can feel comfortable sending packages to people with whom we've never interacted. If I look on someone's rating page and see that they have 10 positive trades, then I should be able to assume that they're a responsible trader.

A negative rating certainly throws a red flag, but isn't that the point? That red flag could keep someone after you from having an equally negative experience. We've all seen the dog owners who start coddling and petting their dog after it does something bad; the dog will absolutely behave the same way again. If someone does a poor job on their end of a trade but still gets a positive rating with a cutesy comment, they certainly won't think twice about doing the exact same thing the next time.

I'm not the one to define what justifies a neutral or negative feedback rating, but I would hope that a positive rating represents such things as:
I hope those that I've traded with have left honest ratings and comments. If not, I ask that you PM me and we can work things out.

A neutral or negative rating doesn't prohibit someone from trading, it's simply a heads up or warning for future traders. Please don't be afraid to use it if it's necessary, and definitely if there are any questions about it PM a moderator.
[Reply]
Tenor CS 06:12 AM 04-12-2009
I have also found it helpful to politely ask for references if their trading background is non-existent or minimal. I only have 1 trade on here, and I only had 3 at CS. However, I feel that a bunch of the guys on here, who I have met/herf'd with in person, could throw out a quick "Tenor CS is a stand-up guy" that could ease a trader/seller's uncertainties.

I have seen this happen in other threads where guys who were new to the forum, but not necessarily to the cigar world, were posting WTS threads after less than 10 posts. Usually, these were friends of established members, who could then vouch for them.
[Reply]
Tenor CS 09:05 AM 04-13-2009
Bump for MikeyJ23. Since I responded so quickly, I think this important post got bumped off the first page and lost in the shuffle.
[Reply]
PeteSB75 09:10 AM 04-13-2009
I'd also add an additional point. If you have a positive trading experience, leave trader feedback. If you have a negative experience, leave trader feedback. If you get cigars from a PIF or a MAW thread, leave trader feedback. If you buy or sell cigars in the WTB, WTS forums, leave trader feedback.

Seeing a trend here? :-)
Let everyone else on the forum know that things went well. If they didn't send a PM and, if there is no response, then leave feedback, negative or neutral.
[Reply]
Tenor CS 09:17 AM 04-13-2009
And although iTrader should not be used for bombs, I always make a point of thanking someone who bombed me, either in person, via PM, or via a visitor message on their profile page. And if you have pics, by all means, post a thread. It's always fun to see the generosity of our members.
[Reply]
SilverFox 09:18 AM 04-13-2009
Thanks for the reminder just caught up a few trades that I had done
[Reply]
SmokeyJoe 09:32 AM 04-13-2009
Hey Michael... sounds like you had a bad experience. Did somebody here burn you?
[Reply]
Skywalker 09:35 AM 04-13-2009
Right is right!!!

Thanks MikeyJ23 for saying what needed to be said!!!
:-)
[Reply]
pnoon 09:35 AM 04-13-2009
Originally Posted by SmokeyJoe:
Hey Michael... sounds like you had a bad experience. Did somebody here burn you?
Joe - I might suggest you look at Trader Feedback. Aside from that, any "discussion" should be done via PM.

Thanks.
[Reply]
rizzle 09:36 AM 04-13-2009
My thoughts exactly.
[Reply]
DBall 09:38 AM 04-13-2009
Originally Posted by Tenor CS:
And although iTrader should not be used for bombs, I always make a point of thanking someone who bombed me, either in person, via PM, or via a visitor message on their profile page. And if you have pics, by all means, post a thread. It's always fun to see the generosity of our members.
:-)
[Reply]
Da Klugs 09:59 AM 04-13-2009
There are situations where you are forced to give negative feedback to a trader based upon their actions. Please do as it helps protect the entire community. There are rare situations when unwarranted retaliatory feedback is given back based upon your doing the right thing and posting negative feedback. Unwarranted retaliatory trader feedback will be removed by the admins upon request.
[Reply]
JJG 10:17 AM 04-13-2009
more like a few of us started talking and found out we all had the same experience. I'll just leave it at that.

but Mikey has brought up an important point. I'm sure that most everyone here has had nothing but positive trading experiences. however, if a transaction doesn't go as planned and can't be resolved via PM, it's important to leave honest feedback so others don't run into the same issue.
[Reply]
HK3- 11:00 AM 04-13-2009
Hi five for this post Mikey! :-)
[Reply]
Skywalker 12:12 PM 04-13-2009
This brings up another question:

Is it possible to change positive trader feedback to negative or neutral, once it has been given???:-)
[Reply]
SmokeyJoe 12:42 PM 04-13-2009
Originally Posted by pnoon:
Joe - I might suggest you look at Trader Feedback. Aside from that, any "discussion" should be done via PM.

Thanks.
Thanks, Peter. I really wasn't looking to "out" anybody. My response was more one of surprise. I have been very fortunate I guess with my dealings here - and in our former home.

I know this little community is something of a microcosm of our society - but I have to say, there does seem to be a difference in the type of people I run into here - in a positive way. :-)

You are an example of that, pnoon. Thanks for your excellent mod work. :-)
[Reply]
shadow king 04:04 PM 04-13-2009
Thats sucks that everyone has a bad experience with the person involved. Without getting into specifics, I almost bought something off of the person but something just didn't feel right about it and I didn't pull the trigger. In hindsight, it was the right decision.

This is a very good thread to have. I think mikey deserves some rep bump for posting it!
[Reply]
floydp 04:35 PM 04-13-2009
Trader feedback is a very important tool here and don't hesitate to use it. Good or bad it could help the next SOTL/BOTL. If bad TF and then a pm to one of us and not a thread calling the person out. We don't do that here.
[Reply]
neoflex 05:23 PM 04-13-2009
Originally Posted by PeteSB75:
I'd also add an additional point. If you have a positive trading experience, leave trader feedback. If you have a negative experience, leave trader feedback. If you get cigars from a PIF or a MAW thread, leave trader feedback. If you buy or sell cigars in the WTB, WTS forums, leave trader feedback.

Seeing a trend here? :-)
Let everyone else on the forum know that things went well. If they didn't send a PM and, if there is no response, then leave feedback, negative or neutral.
+1, I have had trades go smooth and never got feedback. Feel awkward PMing about it as it should be left whether the trade etc was good, bad or indifferent. You shouldn't have to ask for it. Ohh well! Chict happens.
[Reply]
The Professor 05:50 PM 04-13-2009
Originally Posted by Skywalker:
This brings up another question:

Is it possible to change positive trader feedback to negative or neutral, once it has been given???:-)
Just out of curiosity, why would you need to do that (hypothetically)?

This makes me think it's important to say: *don't* leave feedback until your trade is complete.

For example, if you're a seller, don't leave feedback until you're paid. If you're trading, don't leave feedback until you receive your end.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 3
1 23 >
Up