Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
General Discussion>Airforce question
WildBlueSooner 11:58 AM 04-12-2009
Originally Posted by ade06:
Maybe you should have your friend write a letter to his congressman or senator.
My guess is he maybe he doesnt want to say why he got DQd...so he came up with that. Just a thought
[Reply]
hotreds 01:41 PM 04-12-2009
Originally Posted by alley00p:
:-)
He could always try the Navy or the Marines...
:-)
Naval aviation!

[Reply]
Tenor CS 01:50 PM 04-12-2009
Originally Posted by hotreds:
Naval aviation!

Who's the big guy bringing up the rear?
[Reply]
ucubed 02:07 PM 04-12-2009
I highly doubt he wouldn't say why he had his application denied, considering he paid for his lasik and his pilot's license, plus his academic prowess. He's in top physical condition too, he rowed for Princeton and biked from Seattle to New York with a friend a few times. So odd no?
[Reply]
WildBlueSooner 02:14 PM 04-12-2009
Originally Posted by ucubed:
I highly doubt he wouldn't say why he had his application denied, considering he paid for his lasik and his pilot's license, plus his academic prowess. He's in top physical condition too, he rowed for Princeton and biked from Seattle to New York with a friend a few times. So odd no?
Im just saying...the AF would not deny someone for that. There must be something else...I was just speculating.
[Reply]
ucubed 02:16 PM 04-12-2009
Originally Posted by WildBlueSooner:
Im just saying...the AF would not deny someone for that. There must be something else...I was just speculating.
I see I see. Maybe they just don't like Asian pilots =P
[Reply]
WildBlueSooner 02:21 PM 04-12-2009
I see I see. Maybe they just don't like Asian pilots =P
:-)....that made me laugh my arse off. However, we can throw that theory out because I know an Asian pilot :-)
[Reply]
hotreds 02:28 PM 04-12-2009
Originally Posted by Tenor CS:
Who's the big guy bringing up the rear?
E-2C Hawkeye

http://www.history.navy.mil/planes/e2.htm
[Reply]
TheJ 07:48 PM 04-12-2009
Talked to 3 pilots today; T-18, F-16(asian pilot), and F-22A.

All agreed dry nose is not the reason.
[Reply]
sodomanaz 10:51 PM 04-12-2009
Originally Posted by WildBlueSooner:
:-)....that made me laugh my arse off. However, we can throw that theory out because I know an Asian pilot :-)
Maybe he ruined it for the rest of us!
[Reply]
ucubed 01:47 AM 04-13-2009
Originally Posted by TheJ:
Talked to 3 pilots today; T-18, F-16(asian pilot), and F-22A.

All agreed dry nose is not the reason.
Interesting, so either my cousin is hiding something (which I HIGHLY doubt) or the Airforce is, thanks a lot for the information
[Reply]
19thHole 05:30 AM 04-13-2009
Originally Posted by TheJ:
Maybe there aren't any slots available. I don't know why it didn't occur to me earlier, but I have friend, Kevin, who was a commercial pilot for years before joining the Air Force. He's still not flying. He's waiting for his turn.
Just out of curiosity, what kind of commercial pilot is he? I was always under the assumption that commercial pilots that flew for the airlines were almost always ex-USAF because that was about the only way to get enough hours. I am not speaking from experience, but I always heard that airline pilots needed like 1000 hours of flight time or something huge like that before they could fly people.
[Reply]
Thrak 05:49 AM 04-13-2009
1000 hrs of flight time isnt that much really...

You can always tell a military/navy pilot on a commercial flight by the way they land.... privately trained pilots are generally much much smoother on the landing.
[Reply]
19thHole 05:55 AM 04-13-2009
My cousin is a pilot. I worked for the Air Force as a civilian for some years. That is the extent of my experience. :-)

That is interesting though about the landings. I will pay attention on my next flight.
[Reply]
hotreds 08:18 AM 04-13-2009
Originally Posted by Thrak:
1000 hrs of flight time isnt that much really...

You can always tell a military/navy pilot on a commercial flight by the way they land.... privately trained pilots are generally much much smoother on the landing.
I flew on Aeroflot in the 1960s. Talk about rough landings!
[Reply]
ucubed 04:01 PM 04-13-2009
He can fly small Aircrafts as of right now or something of the sort, I forget exactly.
[Reply]
Partagaspete 11:15 AM 04-14-2009
Interesting, so either my cousin is hiding something (which I HIGHLY doubt) or the Airforce is, thanks a lot for the information
It may be something as simple as the fact that he has a waiver for the lasiks and another for the murmer just might be one too many and he doesn't really want to get into it because from his point of view it is a minor technicality and those are the most frustrating. In th military they say everything is waiverable however you can only have only so many for such and such a job or special duty.

I do work with some very good Flight docs and if your cousin wants I will run his stuff up through them and see what they say. Ask him and if he says okay PM me and then we will work out the details. If I can help I will but I will tell you this; the A.F. is really looking hard for pilots right now so they would reluctantly let one go for a silly reason.

T
[Reply]
Volt 11:57 AM 04-14-2009
Hmmm, Navy no good for him if he needs more than 500 ft to land... :-) I agree a little dry skin doesn't sound kosher to me.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up