Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
All Cigar Discussion>Have you ever..
Raralith 01:34 PM 04-04-2009
They've always tried to push me towards anything expensive. And out of all the B&M's I've been to, only 1 actually knows what he was talking about. Everyone else knew the price but nothing else.

I asked an employee once though what a "triple maduro" was and he had no clue. Great marketing I guess if you can sell cigars for $25 and not have an idea what they are peddling.
[Reply]
Garbandz 10:03 PM 04-04-2009
I returned 2 brands to Cigars International,they were disgusting,the guy on the phone said he had tried them both and they were good smokes.I just barely avoided going off on him,what ever happened to "the Customer Is Always Right?" If you think you can argue with a customer and change his mind,you will do more damage than to sell sorry products.....
[Reply]
rahella 10:19 PM 04-04-2009
Originally Posted by South Shield:
Walked in to a cigar shop that you have never been in before and tell the employee that you are new to cigars just to see what he/she will show you?

Its pretty fun.

I was told today that the Romeo y Julieta 1875 was the best cigar for the price (churchill for 14.99)

I've smoked cigarettes before. This was my first cigar as I just turned 18. I liked it, it wasnt as good as when I first lit it.:-)
[Reply]
Texan in Mexico 10:29 PM 04-04-2009
I haven't pleaded complete ignorance but have walked in like I didn't know much.

Two times on Calle Ocho -LGC and Pepin's place and both times was treated with the utmost respect and given lots of info that I wasn't aware of.

It pays to do this, pays to listen - I have learned a lot by doing this.

Appears I am in the minority as I have been lucky and treated well.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up