Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 4
< 12 34 >
All Cigar Discussion>Do you guys ever drop your cigar?
poker 10:18 PM 10-16-2008
put a leash on it and tie around pinky finger :-)
[Reply]
Don Fernando 02:34 AM 10-17-2008
Originally Posted by -MG-:
I'm pretty good at dropping ash on myself... but can't remember the last time the whole cigar ran away.
:-) I think I drop ash all over me at least once every 3 or 4 cigars.
[Reply]
Da Klugs 02:45 AM 10-17-2008
Not in the shower. :-)
[Reply]
gnukfu 04:01 AM 10-17-2008
Don't worry Gary it happens with young smokers.....as you get older you will find that you'll be able to go for a long time without your cigar drooping....:-)

Oh that was dropping? I don't recall every dropping a cigar. I have ashed myself quite a few times but never drop the stogie.....must be an LA Laker thing.....:-)
[Reply]
TRicker 04:32 AM 10-17-2008
yup been there done that.
[Reply]
BlackIrish 04:47 AM 10-17-2008
Haven't actually dropped one. I have, however, had a couple fall out of an ashtray. My local cigar bar haunt has some ashtrays that don't have big enough "fingers." They're big round ashtrays with grooves that require the stick to balance a bit. I've been sitting there working on my laptop with the cigar resting in the ashtray when the ash will drop by itself, the balance will be thrown off, and the cigar will fall out, right onto my lap or the floor.

BlackIrish
[Reply]
Zipper 05:04 AM 10-17-2008
I was hanging out with my girlfriends father and some of his buddies. He got up to go relieve himself in the woods, but took his beer, and his cigar with him. Somehow in the confusion, he put the wrong end of the cigar in his mouth, immediately dropped it into his beer, and while trying to save the stick dumped the beer on his foot. I'll never mention it, but his buddies are never going to let him live that one down:-)
[Reply]
Coz77 06:07 AM 10-17-2008
Originally Posted by Dood:
I don't have a problem once it's lit, but I have a bad habit of dropping them and dinging them up before I get a chance to smoke them.
:-) I once split a CAO Brazillia from foot to head by dropping it only a couple feet. It popped open like a tube of Pillsbury crescent rolls :-)
[Reply]
ucla695 07:21 AM 10-17-2008
Hey Gary, somehow I manage to drop a stick or two every year, but I have a real problem keeping the ashes in the ash tray. Somehow they always end up on my clothes, the ground and all over the table.
[Reply]
Dandee 07:24 AM 10-17-2008
I drop them all the time....but I'm a clutz.

Seems to me, I remember a story of someone dropping a cigar when they got out of their car and then stepping on it because they thought it was a big bug. LOL
[Reply]
TheRealBonger 07:27 AM 10-17-2008
I am pretty good with cigars, but my pipe I drop all the time. It will be hanging out of my mouth while watching tv and next thing I know it is rolling down my chest dumping ash the whole way. :-) I cannot seem to hold a pipe in my teeth, so I should just quit trying and keep my hands on whatever I am smoking. :-)
[Reply]
Spect 09:08 AM 10-17-2008
Originally Posted by Big Vito:
my dog assists me in dropping cigars:-)
My wife and I will have a smoke on the couch and our lab who acts like she's on crack will typically knock our of our cigars out of the ashtray. :-)
[Reply]
VirtualSmitty 09:12 AM 10-17-2008
Yep, i've dropped em a few times. Normally happens when someone calls me on the phone and i'm fumbling around trying to get my phone out of my pants pocket.
[Reply]
SeanGAR 09:44 AM 10-17-2008
Dropped a cigar out of the window while driving once .... I watched the car behind me run over it so no point in turning around. :-)
[Reply]
TXRebel 09:46 AM 10-17-2008
Only when I’ve had too much to drink and I usually hit the ground right after the cigar.:-)
[Reply]
Beer Doctor 09:47 AM 10-17-2008
Depends how much I've been drinking:-)
[Reply]
Totemic 10:44 AM 10-17-2008
I drop them quite often.
My keyboard's absolutely filthy with ash and even my little hand vac isn't much help. I think in another 3 to 4 months, I'll just toss this keyboard and get a new one.

But I consider it a part of the experience. :-)
[Reply]
Tikihut27 11:30 AM 10-17-2008
Dropped on in the Genesee river today. But I had a fish on, so it evened out.
[Reply]
petewho 11:35 AM 10-17-2008
I've dropped my cigar after many beers. Picked it up and smoked it with the wrapper cracking apart. I've dropped one in the ashtray before too, but finished it - I smoke totally dry, so no ash stuck to the stick.

Yeah, pretty much only drop my stick when I'm drunk.

I'm a WWII reenactor, and I've been known to run/shoot/jump/duck/hit-the-ground with a small cigar stuck in the corner of my mouth and haven't dropped one yet.
[Reply]
livwire68 01:37 PM 10-17-2008
Every chance I get! Not really but I do have a tendency to set it down somewhere and then I knock it around and sometimes step on them. And it baffles me how I loose them as well. :-)
[Reply]
Page 2 of 4
< 12 34 >
Up