Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 4
1 23 > Last »
All Cigar Discussion>Do you guys ever drop your cigar?
cort 07:53 PM 10-16-2008
When you are smoking it? I dont know if I am just a dipshit but I tend to drop my cigar quite a bit. If I am just sitting down relaxing I never have a problem but when I am up and moving...playing darts, ping pong, whatever I get instant butter-fingers. This does not happen on 100% of my cigars but the numbers are astounding:-) Dropping the stick usually is not that big of a deal, the ash breaks and may need a touch up burn, but I cant help but feel stupid everytime I do it.

Am I alone or is there anyone else that wans to admit to this shameful mishap?
[Reply]
Dood 07:55 PM 10-16-2008
I don't have a problem once it's lit, but I have a bad habit of dropping them and dinging them up before I get a chance to smoke them.
[Reply]
Genetic Defect 07:56 PM 10-16-2008
my dog assists me in dropping cigars:-)
[Reply]
-MG- 07:58 PM 10-16-2008
I'm pretty good at dropping ash on myself... but can't remember the last time the whole cigar ran away.
[Reply]
Scottw 07:59 PM 10-16-2008
Not me, so long that it doesn't fall into your lap while driving, you'll be OK
[Reply]
hotreds 07:59 PM 10-16-2008
No, but I once balanced it on the edges of a glass of soda, and naturally I brushed against the glass- in it went. Boy, that thing sucked up the liquid like a sponge. Coke infused stogie, anyone?
[Reply]
croatan 08:04 PM 10-16-2008
All the freaking time :-)
[Reply]
Nimbus 08:05 PM 10-16-2008
Tie a rubber band around your cigar and finger(s) when you smoke. LOL j/k I have not dropped my cigar yet because I can hardly put it down.

Maybe you are so relaxed during your cigar time that you lose all feeling in your body. :-) :-)
[Reply]
rck70 08:07 PM 10-16-2008
Pine Tar:-)
[Reply]
groogs 08:07 PM 10-16-2008
I do once in a while if I am running around doing things.
[Reply]
cort 08:12 PM 10-16-2008
Originally Posted by rck70:
Pine Tar:-)
Now that a good idea. Maybe some wide receiver gloves:-)
[Reply]
Darrell 08:13 PM 10-16-2008
Originally Posted by gwc4sc:
I dont know if I am just a dipshit
That's my guess. :-)

I kid. :-)

I don't typically drop my sticks unless I am at working and rest them off the counter and accidentally hit them or something.
[Reply]
kgraybill 08:28 PM 10-16-2008
Here is a post I made a while back.

Today at lunch I stopped by the B&M to get a couple of sticks. Walking back and forth for a while the guy told me that they just got in these Olivero Classics. I asked what he thought of it. He told me that he had not tried one yet but the boss whas smoking one right now. That was good enough for me so I got 2 of them. I normally like to get 2 so if I like it I will have another for later or if I dont like it I will be able to give them a second chance.
Well, when I left work I realized that I did not have a cutter or a punch with me and ended up cutting it with my pocket knife. After firing it up I hit the road. It started off somewhat hard to draw but loosened up after a couple off hits. when the ash was about 1.5 inches long I held it out the window to blow the ash off. I did not go anywhere so I tapped it a little and it still did not blow off. Well before I knew it I was crossing lanes. fortunatly there was no one in that lane.
Further down the road I had another 1.5" ash and tried the same way to knock the ash off. Same thing. so I tried again to tapp it. This time I lost grip of my smoke and it flew back in the window, hit my leg and disappeared. Now I am all over the truck to make sure this thing is not burning through the seat or going to burn other things if you get my drift.
Again, I am bouncing all over the interstate, so I made my way to the shoulder to retrieve my cigar from who know where in this truck. I found it behind the seat still burning away and still had half of the ash on it.
fortunatly nobody was hurt and I got to finish my smoke.
I ended up smoking it till it burned my fingers so I guess it was worth the hassle.
If you like sticks that hold a good ash, the Olivero classic is the one.
I will wait until I get home to fire up next time.
[Reply]
ucubed 08:35 PM 10-16-2008
I've dropped it only a few times...I ash myself more often, however I start to ash it more often so I don't do it anymore
[Reply]
gvarsity 08:39 PM 10-16-2008
I'm a bit of a butterfingers particularly after a beer or two. Never have ruined one that way though.(knock on wood)
[Reply]
massphatness 09:08 PM 10-16-2008
Gary, you are most definitely NOT alone. :-)
[Reply]
elderboy02 09:11 PM 10-16-2008
I dropped a Nub into my dog's water dish one time.

The other time I dropped a Sancho Panza Double Maduro on the porch and destroyed the wrapper all to hell.
[Reply]
Cenookie 09:20 PM 10-16-2008
I find that if I'm sitting alone and relaxing I sometime drop my cigar. I think this happens because I get so relaxed.
[Reply]
MarkinAZ 10:15 PM 10-16-2008
This thread makes for some interesting reading:-) Can't say that I've developed a case of the dropsy' (yet):-)

[Reply]
cort 10:17 PM 10-16-2008
Originally Posted by MarkinCA:
This thread makes for some interesting reading:-) Can't say that I've developed a case of the dropsy' (yet):-)
I am gonna send you some greased up sticks Mark:-)
[Reply]
Page 1 of 4
1 23 > Last »
Up