Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
All Cigar Discussion>In a funk
TripleF 06:10 PM 03-25-2009
Happened to me not too long ago.

Try a light, very mild cigar and see if that doesn't pick things back up.

I assume you snork?
[Reply]
Cigary 06:13 PM 03-25-2009
Originally Posted by Bruce:
Just stop for a while. Don't fire a cigar up until you really crave one. All will be well then..............
I think we've all been there at some point and I agree with Bruce. If they aren't tasting like they should stop for awhile and let them get you to craving them. I smoke when I crave and to smoke a cigar without having that pull is just "blowing smoke" in my opinion.
[Reply]
MajorCaptSilly 06:16 PM 03-25-2009
Yeah, I'm gonna lay off for a bit. I haven't been smoking very often but I think a week or two break might do it.

MCS
[Reply]
JaKaacH 06:23 PM 03-25-2009
How is the cake intake..??

Went to the dentist a couple weeks ago, what ever they use on the teeth to clean and polish made cigars and coffee taste bad for a couple days.

Single malt helps reboot the taste buds..:-)
[Reply]
neoflex 06:29 PM 03-25-2009
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ho3Zdc7vF9c :-)J/K
I would also suggest taking a week or two off. With Spring upon us it could have to do with allergies too. If you have allergies that can negatively effect your sense of taste big time.:-)
[Reply]
Legend 06:46 PM 03-25-2009
Probably coming down with a cold.

Zycam.

Have a few yard gars for a while Til it passes.

Or as recommended. Just quit for a few days.

Feel for you bro.
[Reply]
rizzle 08:44 AM 03-26-2009
Go suck on a gzornblt for a while.
[Reply]
AD720 03:14 PM 05-12-2009
Originally Posted by MajorCaptSilly:
This hasn't happened to me in awhile but I'm in a cigar funk. Everything tastes about the same and nothing tastes very good. It doesn't matter if it's CC or NC, it just ain't good. It's too bad this happened just when the weather got good enough to enjoy a smoke on the back porch. I'll probably still smoke but hit my lesser expensive stuff so I'm at least not wasting dollars on my busted taster. Woe is me...

MCS

:-)

Nothing tastes right, and more than that I don't have the desire to smoke lately. I was smoking like a chimney when it was freezing, now that weathers nice and I can be enjoying it nothing tastes right.

No point really, just whining.
[Reply]
ade06 03:30 PM 05-12-2009
Just stop smoking for a while and trust what your body is telling you. Cigar smoking is supposed to be a hobby not an addition like cigarettes. Why go through the motions if your palette and/or heart isn't into it?
[Reply]
AD720 03:37 PM 05-12-2009
That is good advice. I have only tried twice in the last 10 days.

Today is a little better. Yesterday I threw away two sticks in 15 minutes.
[Reply]
Kwilkinson 03:38 PM 05-12-2009
Originally Posted by ade06:
Just stop smoking for a while and trust what your body is telling you. Cigar smoking is supposed to be a hobby not an addition like cigarettes. Why go through the motions if your palette and/or heart isn't into it?
+1. That is what happened to me. I was smoking 3-4 a day, which is fine for some people, but it was above my own body's personal limit. So I got burnt out and had to take a break. But now I've found a rejuvenated, and honestly, better, appreciation for cigars than I had before. My break ended up lasting 4 months though.
[Reply]
skullnrose 03:47 PM 05-12-2009
A 4 month break. That's one way to help your sticks age a bit. Glad you are enjoying again now.
[Reply]
Kwilkinson 03:51 PM 05-12-2009
Originally Posted by skullnrose:
A 4 month break. That's one way to help your sticks age a bit. Glad you are enjoying again now.
:-) Good point!
What's funny is that I thought I "quit" so I paid all my stuff forward to new smokers.
Then, after a couple months, I started getting really pissy and depressed. I got sick of it and asked myself what the H my problem was. Turns out I was just in a bad mood for 4 months b/c I wasn't relaxing with cigars anymore. :-)
[Reply]
MithShrike 04:09 PM 05-12-2009
I've been in a funk ever since I had a cigar made from 50 year old tobacco... It's not that everything else sucks... they just don't compare.
[Reply]
Tio Gato 04:34 PM 05-12-2009
Time off is the way to go.:-)
[Reply]
MarkinAZ 06:12 PM 05-12-2009
Originally Posted by MajorCaptSilly:
This hasn't happened to me in awhile but I'm in a cigar funk. Everything tastes about the same and nothing tastes very good.
How's the tinfoil hat holding up these days Scott? Maybe its just time for a new one.

Are you holding you mouth right when you smoke?:-)

[Reply]
replicant_argent 06:20 PM 05-12-2009
I suggest thrice daily tongue scrapings with rockwell hardness 43 cake corpses, followed by thorough gzornblt-essence lavage.
[Reply]
Mr.Maduro 06:21 PM 05-12-2009
This has happened to me a twice. Both times the streak lasted about 6 cigars, and I tought it was because I was smoking alone and/or the pairing of an alcoholic beverage. I even tried a few of my "go to" cigars. I was wrong. I think it was just that I needed a break....and waited until I really craved a smoke rather than smoking just for the sake of smoking. I hope this helps.
[Reply]
MajorCaptSilly 06:22 PM 05-12-2009
FYI: My funk has passed. I am now "Below the Funk".

MCS
[Reply]
HK3- 06:26 PM 05-12-2009
Glad to hear the taste has come back silly. I smoked an NC today... talk about funk. :-) :-)
[Reply]
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Up