Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 3
1 23 >
All Cigar Discussion>In a funk
MajorCaptSilly 02:04 PM 03-25-2009
This hasn't happened to me in awhile but I'm in a cigar funk. Everything tastes about the same and nothing tastes very good. It doesn't matter if it's CC or NC, it just ain't good. It's too bad this happened just when the weather got good enough to enjoy a smoke on the back porch. I'll probably still smoke but hit my lesser expensive stuff so I'm at least not wasting dollars on my busted taster. Woe is me...

MCS
[Reply]
ChicagoWhiteSox 02:08 PM 03-25-2009
That sucks. You will get "funk" back soon:-)
[Reply]
Whee 02:10 PM 03-25-2009
Originally Posted by MajorCaptSilly:
This hasn't happened to me in awhile but I'm in a cigar funk. Everything tastes about the same and nothing tastes very good. It doesn't matter if it's CC or NC, it just ain't good. It's too bad this happened just when the weather got good enough to enjoy a smoke on the back porch. I'll probably still smoke but hit my lesser expensive stuff so I'm at least not wasting dollars on my busted taster. Woe is me...

MCS
Lick the cat's butt. Then everything will taste better...:-)

I went through this not long ago. All my go to's tasted like crap. Though I was sick or something. Went with one of my so-so sticks and that seemed to reboot the taste buds. Everything since has been a-ok. Hence the above lick the cat butt reference.

could just be bud burnout.
[Reply]
rack04 02:14 PM 03-25-2009
The only funk I've been in only lasted a day. That dreadful day I went through 4 of my go to smokes and they all sucked. I decided to give up and try it again another day. The next day everything was back to normal. Must have been something I ate or possibly the mood I was in that day.
[Reply]
taltos 02:20 PM 03-25-2009
Now is the time to smoke a Cremosa.:-)
[Reply]
cbsmokin 02:43 PM 03-25-2009
I find that if I'm in a funk and get drunk, it gets me over the hump.

That wasn't even supposed to be funny, but it is.
[Reply]
icehog3 02:43 PM 03-25-2009
Maybe instead of smoking your lesser stuff, Scott, maybe a week off would help?
[Reply]
icehog3 02:44 PM 03-25-2009
Originally Posted by cbsmokin:
I find that if I'm in a funk and get drunk, it gets me over the hump.

That wasn't even supposed to be funny, but it is.
Opinions may vary.

:-) :-)
[Reply]
cbsmokin 02:47 PM 03-25-2009
Originally Posted by icehog3:
Opinions may vary.

:-) :-)

:-)
[Reply]
Da Klugs 02:49 PM 03-25-2009
Originally Posted by illinoishoosier:
Lick the cat's butt. Then everything will taste better...:-)
Originally Posted by cbsmokin:

Here kitty, kitty for the Hello Kitty man. :-)

Happens to me once in a while. Typically when I get into a smoking too fast mode.

Try taking a small cigar an smoking it veeery slow.
[Reply]
Bruce 02:56 PM 03-25-2009
Just stop for a while. Don't fire a cigar up until you really crave one. All will be well then..............
[Reply]
lightning9191 02:56 PM 03-25-2009
Smoke two Black & Milds and call me in the morning.:-)
[Reply]
Da Klugs 03:02 PM 03-25-2009
Originally Posted by Bruce:
Just stop for a while. Don't fire a cigar up until you really crave one. All will be well then..............
But what if you smoke pipes all the time.. spoiling your palate with all that nasty flavored stuff? :-)
[Reply]
shadow king 04:10 PM 03-25-2009
I've had this as well! I thought it was just me lol. The take a week off remidy usually works for me. But be carefull, sometimes a week can turn into a month. Again, thats just probably me. I don't think cigars are nearly as addictive as cigs. Guess thats a good thing?
[Reply]
hotreds 04:20 PM 03-25-2009
Originally Posted by Bruce:
I agree. If you don't feel like smoking, why force yourself!
[Reply]
md4958 04:56 PM 03-25-2009
I think I know somebody that can help with your Funk problem!
[Reply]
JJG 05:03 PM 03-25-2009
I've been in a funk lately too but only for Nicaraguans, luckily. It's not that they taste bad just, they all taste the same and kind of boring. I even had '64 ani over the weekend and didn't bother to finish it.
[Reply]
14holestogie 05:11 PM 03-25-2009
I've been experiencing the funk all this week with my everyday nc's, so much so that I shied away from the cc's, not wanting to waste them. Decided to fire one up tonight after another day of meh nc's, and the funk is gone.
[Reply]
68TriShield 05:12 PM 03-25-2009
Originally Posted by icehog3:
Maybe instead of smoking your lesser stuff, Scott, maybe a week off would help?
My thought as well. Give your tongue a rest. You snuff don't you Scott,a couple or three of those would get me through the day...
[Reply]
nozero 05:26 PM 03-25-2009
This too shall pass my friend. I go through it too, sometimes it lasts a day sometimes a week, but it always clears up. I have found that if I have a cigar, just about any cigar, with a nice big Bloody Mary that takes care of it almost everytime.

:-) I need to keep a bottle of mix handy...:-)
[Reply]
Page 1 of 3
1 23 >
Up