Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
General Discussion>Teacher left class & went to motel to prostitute
Darrell 02:33 PM 02-11-2009
I bet she has a great personality. :-)
[Reply]
taltos 02:35 PM 02-11-2009
Originally Posted by uptown_isy:
I feel bad for the sucker who was actually willing to pay for her.
Someone has to service the Ohio State crowd. Come to think of it, didn't she play right tackle last year?:-)
[Reply]
BamBam 02:36 PM 02-11-2009
Originally Posted by Ahbroody:
Hmmmmmmm where was BamBam during this incident.
He lives in Ohio wonder if he now has a record. Come to think of it he kind of looks like that chick if he was wearing a wig. Well if we dont here from him for a few days guess we know what happened.
YOU MUTHA FUGGA :-)
[Reply]
BamBam 02:37 PM 02-11-2009
Originally Posted by taltos:
Someone has to service the Ohio State crowd. Come to think of it, didn't she play right tackle last year?:-)
AND YOU MUTHA FUGGA :-)
[Reply]
Starscream 02:41 PM 02-11-2009
Originally Posted by pnoon:
Sure. She can also be running guns to Nicaragua or selling heroin on the street corner. As long as the paths don't cross, it's all good. :-)
Whew! I thought for a second there that I would have to give up teaching for all of that prostituting and gun smuggling I do over the summer.:-)
[Reply]
Skywalker 02:41 PM 02-11-2009
Originally Posted by Darrell:
I bet she has a great personality. :-)
So do you!!!:-)

You miserable retch!!!
:-)
[Reply]
morefifemusic 02:46 PM 02-11-2009
Originally Posted by Drazzil:
I honestly do not see a problem with it. Using classroom computers to set up liasons would be a huge no-no and might even be grounds for disclipinary actions, but as long as the two careers the teacher worked never crossed paths, I dont see what the huge issue here is.
It would be in most unions contracts. Falls under a similar line of using the school computer for any illegal activity.

Originally Posted by pnoon:
Sure. She can also be running guns to Nicaragua or selling heroin on the street corner. As long as the paths don't cross, it's all good. :-)
While Peter's response sounds tongue and cheek, the fine line between what is appropriate and isnt for a teacher is a good point.

I am not allowed to smoke pipe at school (obviously), but if I am around town smoking and one of my students see me, is that grounds for discipline? I don't think so (and I think the district would have a real hard time doing anything like that). However, if I am busted on my own time for meth use or something like that, it is a different story.

Item four of the NEA (National Education Association, one of the two main national organizations for teachers_ Code of Professional Ethics states:

[The teacher...] Shall make reasonable effort to protect the student from conditions harmful to learning or to health and safety.

Being a methamphetamine addict would likely pose a risk to health and safety. Engaging in prostitution could be argued to as well.

In particular, I work at a day treatment with students with severe behavior disorders. Many of the students have also been sexually abused or perpetrated sexual offenses themselves. Having a prostitute teaching them would probably not be the best idea. :-)

Anyway, interesting story. I am particularly curious if this was her first time. The new article says her record was clean till now.
[Reply]
pnoon 02:51 PM 02-11-2009
Originally Posted by morefifemusic:
It would be in most unions contracts. Falls under a similar line of using the school computer for any illegal activity.

While Peter's response sounds tongue and cheek, the fine line between what is appropriate and isnt for a teacher is a good point.

I am not allowed to smoke pipe at school (obviously), but if I am around town smoking and one of my students see me, is that grounds for discipline? I don't think so (and I think the district would have a real hard time doing anything like that). However, if I am busted on my own time for meth use or something like that, it is a different story.

Item four of the NEA (National Education Association, one of the two main national organizations for teachers_ Code of Professional Ethics states:

[The teacher...] Shall make reasonable effort to protect the student from conditions harmful to learning or to health and safety.

Being a methamphetamine addict would likely pose a risk to health and safety. Engaging in prostitution could be argued to as well.

In particular, I work at a day treatment with students with severe behavior disorders. Many of the students have also been sexually abused or perpetrated sexual offenses themselves. Having a prostitute teaching them would probably not be the best idea. :-)

Anyway, interesting story. I am particularly curious if this was her first time. The new article says her record was clean till now.
My point wasn't meant to be so subtle. I was illustrating the fact that running guns and dealing heroin are illegal. Just as prostitution is. I wouldn't classify any of them as "careers". And I certainly have issues with an elementary school teacher engaging in these activities.

As you pointed out, certain professions also have standards of ethics. School teachers certainly have an ethical responsibility considering the impact they have on educating our children.
[Reply]
Tio Gato 02:56 PM 02-11-2009
Originally Posted by morefifemusic:

I am not allowed to smoke pipe at school (obviously)
Isn't smoking pipe what she got in trouble for?:-)

(Sorry, couldn't resist!)
[Reply]
MajorCaptSilly 03:19 PM 02-11-2009
She looks kinda like my dad,

MCS
[Reply]
BigFrank 03:21 PM 02-11-2009
rofl worthy.
[Reply]
Ubergopher 03:25 PM 02-11-2009
The way I see it is, there is no crime there.

She took half a sick day. That seems to me to indicate that she was sick after half a day with those little devils. She had a fever and there was only one thing that could cure it, and it WASN'T more cow bell. Then after she went to the motel with the one guy, he forgot his wallet...
Seems to me to be a simple case of misunderstanding and the policy need to apologize and the school district needs to give her the job back.
[Reply]
floydpink 04:58 PM 02-11-2009
Not sure about Ohio, but where I live, they plaster your pic on the internet if you get caught with a prostitute.

That would suck.
[Reply]
s15driftking 08:21 PM 02-11-2009
"Yay" ohio!

"Boo" teacher prostitues...
[Reply]
Darrell 08:23 PM 02-11-2009
Originally Posted by Drazzil:
I honestly do not see a problem with it. Using classroom computers to set up liasons would be a huge no-no and might even be grounds for disclipinary actions, but as long as the two careers the teacher worked never crossed paths, I dont see what the huge issue here is.
Perhaps the legality?

Yes? No?

:-)
[Reply]
s15driftking 08:25 PM 02-11-2009
what about Vegas D-man? What about Vegas!
[Reply]
chippewastud79 08:25 PM 02-11-2009
Only in Ohio, must have graduated from OSU or something :-)
[Reply]
s15driftking 08:29 PM 02-11-2009

Truf.
[Reply]
Ahbroody 01:13 AM 02-12-2009
Originally Posted by floydpink:
Not sure about Ohio, but where I live, they plaster your pic on the internet if you get caught with a prostitute.

That would suck.
No personal experience with this one huh?
I kid I kid.
[Reply]
s15driftking 06:03 AM 02-12-2009
Originally Posted by floydpink:
We used to do that in the fraternity house when someone went hogging....
[Reply]
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Up