1 23 >
General Discussion>Teacher left class & went to motel to prostitute
elderboy02 11:58 AM 02-11-2009
http://www.dispatch.com/live/content...h.html?sid=101

Deputies say teacher who skipped class went to motel to work as prostitute
Wednesday, February 11, 2009 11:38 AM
By Holly Zachariah

THE COLUMBUS DISPATCH

BELLEFONTAINE, Ohio -- It was a delicate conversation, to be sure: the school principal telling a class of fourth-graders this morning that their teacher is absent because she was arrested yesterday at the local Super 8 Motel.

There was little, if any, discussion about how 35-year-old Amber Carter had apparently gone to the hotel to be paid for sex. Carter had taken a half-day of sick leave yesterday, said Bellefontaine City Schools Superintendent Larry Anderson.

Not long after she left the school, sheriff's deputies, following a tip, arrested Carter at 12:05 p.m. in the hotel parking lot.

She was charged with prostitution, a third-degree misdemeanor, and unauthorized use of property, a felony. Anderson said the felony charge stems from the fact that she may have used her school computer to set up inappropriate meetings.

The school district is cooperating in the investigation, he said. Anderson placed Carter on paid administrative leave last night.

Carter was processed at the Logan County Jail and then released.

A substitute assumed her class at Western Intermediate School today, and the guidance counselor and the principal met with the students to answer any questions they might have had.

"It's just a bad situation," Anderson said. "It's not our place to tell them too much, but we figured the students might have heard rumors and would have some questions."

A letter will go home to parents tonight.

Carter has taught in the Logan County district for 13 years and hasn't had a single disciplinary problem, he said. She's been a popular teacher.

No one answered the phone at Carter's Bellefontaine home this morning.

Logan County Sheriff's Chief Deputy Randy Dodds said he couldn't provide any more details on the case.
[Reply]
uptown_isy 11:59 AM 02-11-2009
I feel bad for the sucker who was actually willing to pay for her.
[Reply]
elderboy02 12:05 PM 02-11-2009
Originally Posted by uptown_isy:
Yep :-)
[Reply]
SmoknTaz 12:06 PM 02-11-2009
That's so wrong but :-) :-) :-)
[Reply]
Ahbroody 12:11 PM 02-11-2009
Hmmmmmmm where was BamBam during this incident.
He lives in Ohio wonder if he now has a record. Come to think of it he kind of looks like that chick if he was wearing a wig. Well if we dont here from him for a few days guess we know what happened.
[Reply]
mrreindeer 12:11 PM 02-11-2009
Hey, with teachers' salaries these days....and she's got some killer looks.... :-)
[Reply]
newcigarz 12:14 PM 02-11-2009
Originally Posted by elderboy02:
She's been a popular teacher.
No wonder.
[Reply]
morefifemusic 12:16 PM 02-11-2009
Originally Posted by mrreindeer:
Hey, with teachers' salaries these days....and she's got some killer looks.... :-)
I was going to say that. I am a teacher. With all the budget cuts and stress of being pink slipped every year, it does not take a genius to see how she was driven to this.

Though, I must say, being a male prostitute is low down on my list of summer income opportunities.

-Tyler
[Reply]
morefifemusic 12:17 PM 02-11-2009
Originally Posted by newcigarz:
No wonder.

Haha, I wonder if the news agency realizes the irony of that statement.

Headline should read "Teacher popular among students and staff arrested on prostitution charges".
[Reply]
mrreindeer 12:29 PM 02-11-2009
Originally Posted by morefifemusic:
Though, I must say, being a male prostitute is low down on my list of summer income opportunities.
uh...... :-)

Hang in there Tyler...I was going to be a teacher once; it was really tough for me to justify it out here in L.A. I admire you though; they really need to take better care of you folks.
[Reply]
Beer Doctor 12:51 PM 02-11-2009
WTF?!?:-)
[Reply]
Queen James 12:54 PM 02-11-2009
Ew :-)
[Reply]
Ace$nyper 01:46 PM 02-11-2009
Too many good replies in here.

Wild.
[Reply]
Da Klugs 01:48 PM 02-11-2009
Man hard lesson all over $ 10. :-)
[Reply]
fxpose 01:51 PM 02-11-2009
Maybe he used a paper bag with a cutout?
[Reply]
Skywalker 01:51 PM 02-11-2009
Makes me think of all my teachers in the past who had a sub come in for them!!!:-)
[Reply]
Drazzil 01:54 PM 02-11-2009
I honestly do not see a problem with it. Using classroom computers to set up liasons would be a huge no-no and might even be grounds for disclipinary actions, but as long as the two careers the teacher worked never crossed paths, I dont see what the huge issue here is.
[Reply]
pnoon 02:01 PM 02-11-2009
Originally Posted by Drazzil:
I honestly do not see a problem with it. Using classroom computers to set up liasons would be a huge no-no and might even be grounds for disclipinary actions, but as long as the two careers the teacher worked never crossed paths, I dont see what the huge issue here is.
Sure. She can also be running guns to Nicaragua or selling heroin on the street corner. As long as the paths don't cross, it's all good. :-)
[Reply]
Jbailey 02:03 PM 02-11-2009
Originally Posted by pnoon:
Sure. She can also be running guns to Nicaragua or selling heroin on the street corner. As long as the paths don't cross, it's all good. :-)
As long as she's not doing anything bad Peter it's fine.:-)
[Reply]
Lucky_Hippo 02:29 PM 02-11-2009
wow. Just sad.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 3
1 23 >
Up