Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
All Cigar Discussion>Tar?
Ferrari5180 06:12 AM 03-02-2010
It happens to good cigars as well, not only cheaper productions. I do agree that it can be quite intolerable when there is too much tar on a cigar. It will clearly change, and possibly ruin the cigar taste and experience. When this sometimes happens to me, I grab a toothpick and remove most of the tar carefully without ruining the cigar, and then wait until the cigar cools down. Anyhow, hopefully this doesn't happen again to you or anyone, it can be quite frustrating. Also, thanks Walt for the link, it has been very informative. I am really enjoying your short ashes videos, keep it up!
[Reply]
hotreds 07:49 AM 03-02-2010
Originally Posted by ScottishSmoker:
because it had almost a maple syrup flavor...
maple syrup tar!:-)
[Reply]
neoflex 08:00 AM 03-02-2010
I am glad to admit that this has never happened to me. I've seen pictures and heard stories but luckily I have never experienced it. (Runs to go knock on some solid wood)
[Reply]
Zanaspus 11:13 AM 03-02-2010
I've had it happen on every full bodied lancero I ever smoked. Why I don't buy lanceros anymore.
[Reply]
CigarNut 12:38 PM 03-02-2010
I have had it happen to me pretty consistently with some Hemingway Short Story's that I picked up recently. They have been in my humi now for a least a month and it still happens.

When it does happen I just cut the end of (then carefully wipe off my cutter) and continue smoking. The tar does not usually come back after that -- at least not with the shorter smokes. If it does I cut again...
[Reply]
ucla695 12:47 PM 03-02-2010
Those pics make me want to :-)
[Reply]
Razorhog 01:09 PM 03-02-2010
Originally Posted by Walt:
I asked this question a while back and below is the answer I got from a manufacturer.

Remainder of that article can be found here
Thanks! I added a comment. Seems the tar issue is shrouded in mystery....
[Reply]
quantim0 09:03 PM 03-02-2010
I've had it happen with 2 figurados. One was a Oliva V that I had months ago, the second was yesterday with a Pepin Cuban Classic. I trashed the V since it made me sick. I just cut the Pepin again and it was fine. But I won't be smoking figurados anymore.
[Reply]
Razorhog 09:40 PM 03-02-2010
Originally Posted by quantim0:
I've had it happen with 2 figurados. One was a Oliva V that I had months ago, the second was yesterday with a Pepin Cuban Classic. I trashed the V since it made me sick. I just cut the Pepin again and it was fine. But I won't be smoking figurados anymore.
I'm beginning to think that tar is caused by drawing too hard, which can and is often caused by certain vitolas like figurados.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up