< 12 3 >
All Cigar Discussion>Let it rest?
Blak Smyth 10:11 AM 07-07-2011
Originally Posted by illinoishoosier:
Smoke one.:-)
Good point:-)
[Reply]
pnoon 10:15 AM 07-07-2011
I always let my cigars acclimate for at least a week in my humidor.

Patience is always rewarded.

:-)
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
Blak Smyth 10:18 AM 07-07-2011
I am not a patient cigar smoker. This will be my demise!
I am a patient puffer though, so I got that going for me?
[Reply]
NCRadioMan 10:23 AM 07-07-2011
Originally Posted by Blak Smyth:
I am not a patient cigar smoker. This will be my demise!
Buy more than you can smoke, then you are golden. That's the trick to aging cigars. :-)

I let mine rest at least 2 weeks to acclimate to my preferred conditions or till the ammonia smell goes away. (if it's present) If I can, I will wait a month. You can notice the difference. I have always been dissapointed when smoking them right away.
[Reply]
Flounder 10:24 AM 07-07-2011
Originally Posted by jesseboston81:
Smoke one and find out. You can try and tell by the feel or sponginess of the cigar or the amount of sheen on the wrapper, but smoking one is the best way to really know if they're good to go.
Sheen? As in... Charlie?
[Reply]
Blak Smyth 10:25 AM 07-07-2011
Originally Posted by NCRadioMan:
Buy more than you can smoke, then you are golden. That's the trick to aging cigars. :-)

I let mine rest at least 2 weeks to acclimate to my preferred conditions. If I can, I will wait a month. You can notice the difference. I have always been dissapointed when smoking them right away.
I am trying but the cigar elves keep stealing them from my humidor.
:-)
[Reply]
jesseboston81 10:25 AM 07-07-2011
Originally Posted by Flounder:
Sheen? As in... Charlie?
No, as in the shine caused by the tobacco oils on the wrapper.
[Reply]
MrOneEyedBoh 10:33 AM 07-07-2011
Originally Posted by Flounder:
Sheen? As in... Charlie?
Originally Posted by jesseboston81:
No, as in the shine caused by the tobacco oils on the wrapper.
[Reply]
N2 GOLD 10:39 AM 07-07-2011
Smoke one & see what it's like. If you dont like the way it smokes then put them to rest & periodically check them out... :-) :-)
[Reply]
Flounder 11:00 AM 07-07-2011
Originally Posted by MrOneEyedBoh:
Thank you.
[Reply]
jesseboston81 11:10 AM 07-07-2011
Typically jokes are funny, or at least make some reasonable attempt at humor.
[Reply]
MrOneEyedBoh 11:16 AM 07-07-2011
/\ hahahhaa nice.
[Reply]
Flounder 11:20 AM 07-07-2011
Ouch...
[Reply]
Trkdrvremt 11:29 AM 07-07-2011
Originally Posted by bobarian:
Cigars often have to fly a long way to get to your home. They are tired and need a few days or weeks of sleep. :-)
Jet lag sucks!!!!
[Reply]
neoflex 11:18 PM 07-07-2011
With box purchases I will usually smoke one ROTT just because I am impatient and than will tuck the rest away for at least 3 weeks. I usually smoke that first one so I'm not staring into the cabinet at them with lust and envy because I didn't get to smoke them yet and just need to get it out of my system. I'm like a child with a new toy when I get new cigars delivered.
[Reply]
audio1der 11:43 PM 07-07-2011
Originally Posted by NCRadioMan:

I let mine rest at least 2 weeks to acclimate to my preferred conditions or till the ammonia smell goes away. (if it's present) If I can, I will wait a month. You can notice the difference. I have always been dissapointed when smoking them right away.
Very well put. If you're not sure and want a single, grab a 5'er. If you like them and want 5, buy 10. If you want 10, buy a box. Soon you won't have to worry about letting them rest because you'll have so many others to smoke.
The only darwback is you've just started a collection which will outgrow all forecast storage, so buy my fridges! LOL
[Reply]
Apoco 06:32 AM 07-08-2011
Because it is summer time and everything needs enough time to sit in my fridge, then my freezer, then my fridge again, and then get up to humidity. :-)
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
JarvisAmadio 07:38 AM 07-08-2011
agree with everything said above about the shipment ... but besides I have one more reason for that... I do not like to buy a lot of cigars at once, I have a small humidor, but I love some cigars left for later, mostly those that I liked, in order to have always the opportunity to enjoy them :-)
[Reply]
ZuggZugg 06:43 PM 07-13-2011
Originally Posted by N2 GOLD:
Smoke one & see what it's like. If you dont like the way it smokes then put them to rest & periodically check them out... :-) :-)
Agreed. Though I "rest" my cigars once received. As my reward, I almost always smoke one prior to "resting" the balance of my order (2 - 4 week period). The end result is (almost always) better than the cigar that was smoked immediately after receipt.
Just my $0.02

ZZ
[Reply]
ysr_racer 07:42 PM 07-13-2011
I'm confused. Are cigars ROTT too wet or too dry?
[Reply]
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Up