Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Entertainment>Falling Skies
Powers 09:04 AM 06-20-2012
Originally Posted by Blak Smyth:
I think I am on S1E5 now and I gotta say this show is starting to really pick-up.
I am really into it now. After the season premier I wasn't sold but now I am.
The characters and the storyline really does pick up, by midway season 1 I was hooked as well
[Reply]
OLS 11:11 AM 06-20-2012
Originally Posted by oooo35980:
I err "acquired" season 1 for the wife.
I was gonna Err, Acquire the show, too, but read that the show sucked.
Guess I was mis-informed by IMDB. Amazing what people with nothing to do all
day but post on the net will do to other people....wait....not ME, I am one of the
GOOD ones that is on the net all day, lol.

Of course, Aquiring stuff got a lot harder lately, so it was a no-brainer in the end.
[Reply]
Digs 12:15 PM 06-20-2012
I hope they don’t keep it at 9:00 on Sunday! I will have to decide to watch walking dead or falling skies!! :-)
[Reply]
Powers 12:17 PM 06-20-2012
Originally Posted by Digs:
I hope they don’t keep it at 9:00 on Sunday! I will have to decide to watch walking dead or falling skies!! :-)
Each show comes on at a different time of year, one will be done well before the other begins. Both shows cater to the same range of audience so it'd be suicide to have a conflict & lower ratings for both
[Reply]
longknocker 12:38 PM 06-20-2012
Originally Posted by Powers:
Each show comes on at a different time of year, one will be done well before the other begins. Both shows cater to the same range of audience so it'd be suicide to have a conflict & lower ratings for both
:-) So Now I Have Something To Watch All Year, Michael!:-):-)
[Reply]
Powers 01:05 PM 06-20-2012
Originally Posted by longknocker:
:-) So Now I Have Something To Watch All Year, Michael!:-):-)
Yep! Falling Skies and Breaking Bad will easily hold me over until Walking Dead. Oh and then we got this little thing called SEC football I hear comes back in September :-)
[Reply]
Powers 10:34 AM 07-02-2012
Any thoughts on the last two episodes, gentlemen?

No spoilers as to the latest one but I liked how they had a mural of Robert E. Lee on the side of a building next to their camp with his quote: "It is well that war is so terrible, lest we should grow to fond of it."

I assume they made it to Virginia 'cause I don't think you'd see that in Massachusetts :-)
[Reply]
CigarNut 12:13 PM 07-02-2012
I have not watched the latest episode but the season is off to a good start. They have set up several different tension points that should keep the season interesting.

I am wondering about the gal with the bi-plane.
[Reply]
spectrrr 01:30 AM 07-08-2012
I was eagerly and excitedly waiting for season 2 to come out, until I fired up S02E01 and realized I was completely lost, I had NO idea what was going on. Turns out for whatever reason I never finished season 1, yet somehow had filed the show away as "awesome" and "can't wait for next year" in my head. :-) ... back to playing catch up!
[Reply]
theonlybear4CORT 10:02 PM 07-08-2012
I only was able to catch the second half, What did I miss?
[Reply]
Mr B 10:46 AM 07-09-2012
Love the way this show is coming together. No spoilers but.... is there an alliance in the near future? :-)
[Reply]
ucla695 02:43 PM 07-09-2012
I watched last season and am watching this season too. I echo the thought that it's Walking Dead with aliens. Not bad for a summer show.
[Reply]
CigarNut 07:44 AM 07-20-2012
Based on the previews for the next episode I am starting to get concerned that they are introducing too many different twists that don't help resolve the main plot line...
[Reply]
hammondc 08:02 AM 07-20-2012
FINALLY got the DVDs from Netflx. 3 episodes in season 1 to go.
[Reply]
kelmac07 10:33 AM 07-20-2012
Loving how this season is panning out...:-) :-)
[Reply]
kelmac07 05:52 AM 08-06-2012
Damn fine episode last night...first one without mechs and skitters in a while. So...Charleston does exist. Was very cool the way they played that out. :-) :-) Season finale next week.
[Reply]
Gophernut 10:43 AM 08-06-2012
Originally Posted by kelmac07:
Damn fine episode last night...first one without mechs and skitters in a while. So...Charleston does exist. Was very cool the way they played that out. :-) :-) Season finale next week.
The storyline is really starting to come together. Great episode last night. Can't wait for the next one!
[Reply]
Powers 11:44 AM 08-06-2012
Originally Posted by kelmac07:
Agreed. A good show is one that does not rely upon thrill and action, but the strength and dynamics of the character arcs.

And we've got two more episodes left in the season :-)
[Reply]
Mr B 03:52 PM 08-06-2012
I saw Pope in a episode of "Perception" last week, all clean shaven and short hair. Totally tripped me out. I kinda thought I reccognized him...then I heard his voice and gave the ol Ah Ha!!
[Reply]
kelmac07 05:49 AM 08-20-2012
Great season finale last night. :-) :-)
[Reply]
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Up