Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 3
1 23 >
Entertainment>Falling Skies
hammondc 08:16 PM 06-17-2012
Any of you folks watch the show? I thought it was new this summer. turns out it was on last summer too.

dammit. Now I have to find somewhere to watch season 1.
[Reply]
Powers 08:20 PM 06-17-2012
I like this show a lot. Similar to the Walking Dead but with aliens instead of zombies. I like the actors better in Falling Skies and it has way hotter chicks in it :-)

I'm gunna watch the season premier off the DVR wants the Heat game's over
[Reply]
oooo35980 08:33 PM 06-17-2012
I err "acquired" season 1 for the wife. The first couple episodes didn't exactly grab me. How was the s2 premiere?
[Reply]
CigarNut 10:38 PM 06-17-2012
I have the season 2 premier on my DVR. Season 1 was pretty good.
[Reply]
Ratters 11:20 PM 06-17-2012
I watched the first three episodes and gave up. I take it that it got better?
[Reply]
kelmac07 05:11 AM 06-18-2012
This is one of my "must watch" shows. I really enjoyed last season, and last nights season opener did not disappoint. :-) :-)
[Reply]
Blak Smyth 05:39 AM 06-18-2012
I set the DVR to record, damn I thought it was new this year too.

Looks like season 1 is available on hulu plus!
[Reply]
longknocker 07:05 AM 06-18-2012
Originally Posted by Blak Smyth:
I set the DVR to record, damn I thought it was new this year too.

Looks like season 1 is available on hulu plus!
Found It & Just Watched Series Premiere From Last Year! Awesome Series!:-)
[Reply]
WittyUserName 07:31 AM 06-18-2012
I will have to put this on my list of things to catch up on when I get back to America. We get syfy here but I am never around enough to catch it.
[Reply]
Mr B 09:49 AM 06-18-2012
We love it too. My 17 year old daughter must have asked me every 3 weeks..."when is Falling Skies coming back on!!"
Season opener did not disapoint.
[Reply]
The Poet 02:50 PM 06-18-2012
Don't tell Interpol, but a buddy burned me Season One. I checked it out, yet never really watched it. I just e-mailed him to ask if he caught last night's premiere, or was watching some old Western instead . . . as is his wont.

Should I nudge him more about it, or need I merely let it hang?
[Reply]
Mr B 03:23 PM 06-18-2012
Originally Posted by The Poet:
Don't tell Interpol, but a buddy burned me Season One. I checked it out, yet never really watched it. I just e-mailed him to ask if he caught last night's premiere, or was watching some old Western instead . . . as is his wont.

Should I nudge him more about it, or need I merely let it hang?

I'm sorry brother, but I think I am going to need a translation of you prevoius post.
:-)
[Reply]
The Poet 04:04 PM 06-18-2012
Originally Posted by Mr B:
I'm sorry brother, but I think I am going to need a translation of you prevoius post.

What part confuses you? Interpol? Copyright laws prohibit theft of intellectual property, with punishment nearly as severe as those for smoking a CC. Buddy? He's a friend. Burned me Season One? See "Interpol" above. Checked it out? I tried the DVDs to see if my deck would read them. Never watched? Said tries were spot-checks, and I did not view the entire shows. E-mail? It is a relatively recent form of electronic communication. Caught the premiere last night? My question was to ask if he had watched said television cablecast. Watched some old Western? This was to enquire if he had instead opted to spend that time during this premiere's airtime viewing one of his particular favored genres, one which is normally sited in the American West during the time between the Civil War and the turn of that century, involving horses, cattle, and gunplay. His wont? Well, he often wants to do that activity (or lack of same) noted above. Nudge? To repeat my initial enquiry to him regarding the SF show in question, in order to either encourage him to do so, or to at least reply to my query. Let it hang? This was an attempt to elicit responses from those on this board who did see this new season's premiere, or who are more familiar with the program than I am, due to my aforementioned lack of concrete direct experience, and whom may be better able to advise me if I should further pester my "buddy" (cf. above) to devote some of his time to this endeavor, as specified.

Does that enlighten you any, or have I missed the source of your confusion somehow? :-)

[Reply]
Blak Smyth 08:56 AM 06-19-2012
I couldn't find the first season on Hulu+ but I bought it for $11.00 in HD on Amazon.
I watched S1E1 last night, thought it was decent. Reminds me alot of Walking Dead just with Aliens instead of Zombies.
[Reply]
Powers 09:09 AM 06-19-2012
Originally Posted by Powers:
I like this show a lot. Similar to the Walking Dead but with aliens instead of zombies.
Originally Posted by Blak Smyth:
I watched S1E1 last night, thought it was decent. Reminds me alot of Walking Dead just with Aliens instead of Zombies.
I concur :-)
[Reply]
Blak Smyth 09:11 AM 06-19-2012
Originally Posted by Powers:
I concur :-)
Didn't see that, nice comparison! :-)
[Reply]
Mr B 10:49 AM 06-19-2012
Originally Posted by The Poet:
Does that enlighten you any, or have I missed the source of your confusion somehow? :-)

LOL, sorry man, I just didnt understand "as is his wont." and "or need I merely let it hang?"
I must not have had propper quantities of caffine in the system at the time.
[Reply]
gbum 11:30 AM 06-19-2012
interesting.... hunting begins... ngeh ngeh ngeh
[Reply]
The Poet 02:45 PM 06-19-2012
Originally Posted by Mr B:
LOL, sorry man, I just didnt understand "as is his wont." and "or need I merely let it hang?"
I must not have had propper quantities of caffine in the system at the time.

Not a problem, and in fact I'm glad you took my lengthy tongue-in-cheek reply in the best possible humor, as afterwards I began to fear I'd been a bit too much the @$$hole . . . as is MY wont. :-)

BTW, FYI, my buddy had NOT watched that premiere, and presently has no plans to watch it at all. Shoot, he has 50-year-old episodes of Sugarfoot, Maverick, and Have Gun Will Travel to view. :-)
[Reply]
Blak Smyth 05:27 AM 06-20-2012
I think I am on S1E5 now and I gotta say this show is starting to really pick-up.
I am really into it now. After the season premier I wasn't sold but now I am.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 3
1 23 >
Up